• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon vs. Falco

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Falco Lombardi, A pilot like Captain Falcon and the actual bird. You could say they have many similarities, they've also been rivals since Melee. But in Brawl, this is one bad match-up for the Captain. Although sometimes he might not be much of a problem online than he is offline because of you know...Wifi.

Match-Up Ratio: -3 Large disadvantage/hard countered

No videos available at the moment. If anyone has any videos of Falcon vs Falco, please post something.

Tips:

1. Don't get grabbed at percents lower than 40!
2. Know how to DI Falco's attacks
3. Jab Falco out of his side-B (but keep in mind that the first third of his phantasm is invincible)
4. If you have a comfortable lead against a campy falco, plank him until he approaches you
5. Combo 34!
6. Safest way to approach Falco is to use spaced Bairs and AC'd aerials (good for avoiding CGs)
7. Since Falco's jabs are faster than Falcon's, use Jab>Grab sparingly
8. Don't expect to get many follow-ups on an aggressive Falco

Stage Counter Picks:

1. Lylat
2. Yoshi's Island
3. Battle Field
4. Rainbow Cruise
5. Brinstar (If legal)

Stages to Ban:

1. Final Destination
2. Jungle Japes
3. Pokemon Stadium (Melee)

If anyone disagrees with anything in this thread, leave a post.
If you agree with anything, leave a post explaining why.

Lets discuss this Match-Up

PZ

Smash Lord
The bird gets aerial ***** hard by uair and is easy to edge guard once you get use to the player's habit. Never try to shield grab anything in this mu except for a VERY mispaced jab2. As long as we keep a solid bair wall we can keep falco out but be aware of random side bs and punish if you see habits. Dair is actually pretty good in this mu due to the push back it gives on falco's shield and his ability to punish isnt as likely if auto canceled nothing big anyway.

I play kind of dumbfounded aggression in this mu where one second I am all up in his face and another I am gone back to the middle of the stage just walking around. That's another thing you shouldn't be afraid of falco's attacks when your walking sense most stuff is easy to shield/ perfect shield when walking and falcon's roll has just the right invincibility to use in this mu unless the falco hard reads it. I like boost pivot grabs...nuff said.

Besides that you pretty much got the good parts of the mu.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
The bird gets aerial ***** hard by uair and is easy to edge guard once you get use to the player's habit. Never try to shield grab anything in this mu except for a VERY mispaced jab2. As long as we keep a solid bair wall we can keep falco out but be aware of random side bs and punish if you see habits. Dair is actually pretty good in this mu due to the push back it gives on falco's shield and his ability to punish isnt as likely if auto canceled nothing big anyway.

I play kind of dumbfounded aggression in this mu where one second I am all up in his face and another I am gone back to the middle of the stage just walking around. That's another thing you shouldn't be afraid of falco's attacks when your walking sense most stuff is easy to shield/ perfect shield when walking and falcon's roll has just the right invincibility to use in this mu unless the falco hard reads it. I like boost pivot grabs...nuff said.

Besides that you pretty much got the good parts of the mu.
I'm not sure about uair **** but I'm positive about the edge guarding. Keep in mind that jabbing falco out of his Side-B will get predictable, and his next option will be going for the ledge so if you know how to ledge grab quickly with falcon then you're good (I highly recommend learning how to ledge grab with falcon because it can be very useful when falco is using his up-b to get back on the stage as well). People shouldn't shield grab falco with falcon a lot, What I do is go for a jab>grab or multy jabs because falco can't shield grab you when he's at percents like 70 or above imo. Up-B OoS works too but you wont get any follow-ups.

One of the most noticeable habits a falco main has is that they roll in back of you when you're already up in his face and try to jab or grab you. But when you're approaching them in the air they shield and wait for you to land the hit so they can try to punish you, That's why its important for you to use spaced bairs and AC'd aerials.

Top Bottom