• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon True Combos (Updates: new format and some data)

Captain Falcon True Combos (Updates: new format and some data)

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
If you need help with some of these just let me know. I've been trying to think of some optimal strings/setups. Well done composing a thread like this. Currently I looking into U-Air - U-Tilt (Spike) applications. It combos around 32-52% (Shiek) t on some character. Towards later percents it's better to use your air momentum falling U-Air to U-tilt.

Like I said in previous threads I do think that having a better understanding of this reset will push more out of Falcon, and those who get hit with on the edge with mediocre recovery will die.

*Mobile phone*. #20GX

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Dunno if it's been posted yet but I noticed that Usmash can actually true combo into uair. This works at low-mid percents. I like to use the fthrow > dair jab lock, hit them up with a partially charged Usmash, then follow up with uair. Give it a shot sometime.

Tythaeus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX-R4GE-Xx
3DS FC
4038-7179-8613
Dunno if it's been posted yet but I noticed that Usmash can actually true combo into uair. This works at low-mid percents. I like to use the fthrow > dair jab lock, hit them up with a partially charged Usmash, then follow up with uair. Give it a shot sometime.
That sounds interesting. I've been testing this out in training mode but it's not registering as a true combo. Do you mind if I ask how'd you tested this? (was DI inolved, what characters, maybe even more precise % ranges, etc)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

That sounds interesting. I've been testing this out in training mode but it's not registering as a true combo. Do you mind if I ask how'd you tested this? (was DI inolved, what characters, maybe even more precise % ranges, etc)
Yeah so I did this in training mode. Try this: Hit 1 nair > Grab > Pummel > Fthrow > Dair lock > Slightly charged Usmash > Uair. The timing on the Usmash > Uair is very strict and the spacing of the uair has to be on point. I don't remember what character this was tested on, but I feel like it was Mario, Falcon, or Ryu. Also the hit 1 nair and Pummel aren't ocmpletely necessary iirc. Just make sure you're buffering properly and spacing the Uair.

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
Frame canceled up air>falling up air>Knee. Worked on Fox(and killed) at 40 ish.

Fabulous32

Smash Cadet
I was hoping someone could test this combo I've been looking into. D-throw->shff u-air -> regrab. Worked on fox around 10-30% percent. Doesn't register as a true combo because it's a regrab, but looks similar to b-air -> dash grab setup. I'm curious what options fox (or most heavy weights I'm guessing) have during this set up, but I don't have another person to help me test or the skills to work two controllers in training mode. Also, if this is a true combo, you can get d-throw -> shff n-air -> shff u-air -> regrab -> combo of your choosing at ~26%.

Top Bottom