• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Captain Falcon Moveset Guide :: Falcon Shows You His Moves

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I use uSmash as a surprise damager all the time. Very useful on Battlefield, for example.

Also, if you DON'T jump cancel a dashed up smash, I find you actually get a LOT more precision. Maybe I need to practice more, but I love just dashing and up-smashing

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
You jump while dashing, and then upsmash right after. The idea is to upsmash during your jump's start-up frames (4 to 8 depending on the character, 5 for Falcon), causing you to slide forward during your upsmash.

Last edited:

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
Anyone else think Falcon's upsmash is underrated? It has the longest jump cancel in the game, you can literally move a third of FD while charging it, it does 19% (or 24% sweetspotted), and kills most characters at around 90-110%. In addition it's really safe for a smash, you can act out of it in like 15 frames. You can also combo bair into jump canceled upsmash at low to mid percents which is 33% damage from two attacks. Because of the jump cancel, it also seems like an excellent long-range punish option, even better than Raptor Boost at least without rage. The forwards range on upsmash is slightly longer than Falcon's jab. Need to start using this more to see its uses for real though. Main problem with it is that the first hit does 6% and hence doesn't beat out anything.
This is my prime move when I read a getup roll or techroll backwards. Such a satisfying, powerful punish. It either kills or puts the opponent directly above you, exactly where you want them to be, while doing a truckload of damage. It's also very stylish.

GodofGrunts

Smash Rookie
NNID
god_ov
Not that it's of much use, but there is a hitbox on Falcon's butt if misses with the knee of justice that does 6% damage instead of the 3% damage the hitbox on his knee does...

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Not that it's of much use, but there is a hitbox on Falcon's butt if misses with the knee of justice that does 6% damage instead of the 3% damage the hitbox on his knee does...
Lmao, coupled with the fact that the flubbed knee is actually a pretty good gimp move (it stays out for so long), I can see a lot of people using the FALCON BUTT GIMP very often :p

Igneel

Smash Rookie
I Think the better can do to falcon in Sm4sh is the d-titl that thing help to kill some players who did the Up B really bad or to kill Little Mac

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
I Think the better can do to falcon in Sm4sh is the d-titl that thing help to kill some players who did the Up B really bad or to kill Little Mac
I've been using this versing ness, works really well to set them up when they Up-B.
I think it'd be real useful on finishing: Lil Mac, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Ganondorf, Ike,
And a good set up to knee/spike: Diddy, Fox, Falco, Olimar, DK(maybe) Duck hunt, Peach, Robin(maybe) Shulk (w/o Jump) and Pac-man(maybe). might be worth testing into for effectiveness.

Saturn_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Saturn.1000
When playing as Falcon, if you run up to the edge of the stage and jump, you will use up your second jump in the process. That means you won't be able to recover without using up-B.
This occurs because the game considers Falcon to have left the stage when he reaches the edge, and the frames reflect this accordingly. Since he's considered to be in mid-air at that point, the ensuing jump is counted as a mid-air jump. This can really catch you out when going for off-stage kills so be prepared.
Wow holy **** thank you for this, I felt like I was going crazy or must suck at the game.

Nate22Hill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nate22Hill
You jump while dashing, and then upsmash right after. The idea is to upsmash during your jump's start-up frames (4 to 8 depending on the character, 5 for Falcon), causing you to slide forward during your upsmash.
you up smash right when you land??

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
every time i try it i do up airs instead?? i can't figure out why
Gotta do it really fast, you only have 0.08 seconds for it. You can keep your thumb on the jump and attack button simultaneously though or just immediately slide it from jump to attack.

Nate22Hill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nate22Hill
Gotta do it really fast, you only have 0.08 seconds for it. You can keep your thumb on the jump and attack button simultaneously though or just immediately slide it from jump to attack.
triforze im having so much trouble punishesing spot dodges. air dodges is easy but spot dodges are kind of hard any advice?? by the way i love your videos

Diostar

Smash Rookie
This guide was not only informative, but also very entertaining. Thanks for making it! Sad to hear that Falcon Punch was nerfed. :( Especially because I've gotten pretty good at landing them.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I wonder what will become of Falcon after the balance patches.
Honestly, hopefully nothing. If anything, maybe some slight adjustments with a few of the moves. He really doesn't need nerfed or buffed.

rekt

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0318-9141-7498
Soo... I think Falcon can Instant Ledge Grab a la sheik. I'm not sure if I'm ******** and can't do it normally or if I actually found a tech... Is it already a thing?

Last edited:

MonadoEmbassy

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarkWingTrials
3DS FC
4725-8493-0513
Wow. Thanks for this guide! Adding this to my knowledge of C. F. Let me finally beat Classic on 9.0! Captain Falcon's manliness shall forever be in my heart.

Top Skuttler

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this is important or if it's my place to say, but I didn't see it on the front page so I thought I'd chip in. Falcon punch can be angled up or down when offstage (I personally didn't notice the difference on-stage). It makes a difference when recovering after using falcon punch. It's most noticeable with his second custom special, Falcon Dash Punch, but it's still a thing with the original. Maybe this was already obvious and the OP didn't mention it because it didn't seem important, but I thought I'd mention it.

AtoZYoshi

Smash Rookie
I've been told by many that my Falcon goes for too many grabs. Any other reliable combo starters? I know autocancelling Uair is good for staring combos but I have a bit of trouble landing it precisely. Any tips?

D

Deleted member 269706

I've been told by many that my Falcon goes for too many grabs. Any other reliable combo starters? I know autocancelling Uair is good for staring combos but I have a bit of trouble landing it precisely. Any tips?
Falling uair is amazing, I've been working on it a lot lately. After 60 you can true combo into knee on just about every character. (From 60-75~ you need to short hop, 75ish-90~ is full hop, 90+ double jump). These aren't precise (and not taking rage into effect) you need to mess around with it in training mode but it's awesome. Also if you falling uair on shield, you can jab or grab immediately (and if timed right it'll be safe). When it comes down to it, you just need to practice the timing.

But if you're grabbing too much, mix it up with dash attack, nair, falling uair, pivot grabs, soft bair into grab, tomahawking, and stuff like that. All of these are great and you can usually get 2-3 hits guaranteed afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

AtoZYoshi

Smash Rookie
Falling uair is amazing, I've been working on it a lot lately. After 60 you can true combo into knee on just about every character. (From 60-75~ you need to short hop, 75ish-90~ is full hop, 90+ double jump). These aren't precise (and not taking rage into effect) you need to mess around with it in training mode but it's awesome. Also if you falling uair on shield, you can jab or grab immediately (and if timed right it'll be safe). When it comes down to it, you just need to practice the timing.

But if you're grabbing too much, mix it up with dash attack, nair, falling uair, pivot grabs, soft bair into grab, tomahawking, and stuff like that. All of these are great and you can usually get 2-3 hits guaranteed afterwards.
Thanks a ton! I've been working on these and have been doing a lot better than before! I'm not very good, but I've been successful in doing pretty decent against top players at my local (ConCon, Markus, etc.) Thanks so much!

TsarofToon

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1306-6595-6677
Can someone edit the Axe Kick (Utilt) to make it say the Heel of Shame? That would be perfect. Other than that, really good guide. Helped out with how to use all the moves, and when I should use them. I will also remember thy rules of Falcon, and respect our father. Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom