• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Captain Falcon Moveset Guide :: Falcon Shows You His Moves

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I don't think the Knee really needs landing lag reduction. It's supposed to be high risk high reward punishing move. Plus you can combo into it anyways.

Falcon Punch definitely needs a buff though. It's kinda sad how weak it is... I mean cmon it's the FALCON PUNCH it should be able to devastate entire planets and create shockwaves that can be seen throughout the galaxy

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
The Knee doesn't "kneed" (hurr durr) landing lag reduction but it sure could be useful, heh :\

At least Reverse Falcon Punch is still usable.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Of course it would be better, but if they buffed Falcon too much then they might have to nerf him in a later patch. I'd rather they just leave Falcon the way he is now. Like I said before, he is already perfect. (well aside from the weaker Falcon Punch)

Last edited:

Holychicken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Holych1cken
Newb question inc.

How does the quick jab work? I always end up doing it unintentionally when I'm trying to gentleman. Now as I am trying to do it, all that comes out is the gentleman. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, and feel dumb for not being able to figure out something that seems so simple...

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
SonicZeroX gets it. The main difference is mashing VS holding the A button. If you want the jab combo, mash A. If you'd like to be a gentleman, just hold it. It's even kinda self-explanatory, haha.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
If this thread is going to be stickied, I'd like for it to either be objective (that is, it describes the moves only with no opinions towards the respective practically of the moves themselves) or we keep it as subjective with individual ratings for each of the moves, but we need to discuss the moves and give them ratings and descriptions that are more appropriate. Right now it feels more like a personal guide in which case I don't think it warrants a sticky on it's own.

For example, just from a glance there are a lot of things that are outdated or, in my opinion, wrong.

Thoughts?

One thing I considered was making a thread that featured and linked to guides made by players and have that resource stickied. Perhaps we can do that, and in the thread have a basic, objective, description of each of the moves for reference.

@ TheBlueFalcon TheBlueFalcon

Last edited:

BakiThaG

Smash Apprentice
I concur, the title is misleading.
A more objective feel for this thread would be nice, maybe complied frame data once we find a way to pull it

TheBlueFalcon

Smash Cadet
@ victra♥ victra♥
Thanks for your input.
I do my best to maintain the correctness and relevancy of this guide. Can you outline what you believe is outdated and/or wrong and I'll be happy to make adjustments as needed.

@ BakiThaG BakiThaG
Since this is a moveset guide which shows you Falcon's moves, the title is not misleading.
However, I agree some frame data would be a nice addition if and when it becomes available.

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Decided to do some frame data science with Falcon:

Jab1
Hits on frame: 3
Act on frame: 18
Damage: 2%

Jab2
Hits on frame: 5
Act on frame: 19

Jab3
Hits on frame: 6
Act on frame: 32
Damage: 5%

Ftilt
Hits on frame: 9
Act on frame: 32
Damage: 9%

Utilt
Hits on frame: 17
Act on frame: 40
Damage: 11%

Dtilt
Hits on frame: 11
Act on frame: 35
Damage: 10%

Fsmash
Hits on frame: 19
Act on frame: 60
Damage: 19%

Usmash
Hits on frame: 22, 34
Act on frame: 42
Damage: 19%

Dsmash
Hits on frame: 19, 29
Act on frame: 49
Damage: 14%, 18%

Nair
Hits on frame: 7, 20
Act on frame: 45
Landing lag: 12
Damage: 4%, 6%

Fair The Knee (of Justice)
Hits on frame: 14
Act on frame: 46
Landing lag: 29 (FH autocancel)
Damage: 19% / 3%

Bair
Hits on frame: 10
Act on frame: 36
Landing lag: 12 (SH autocancel)

Uair
Hits on frame: 6
Act on frame: 34
Landing lag: 9 (SH autocancel)
Damage: 13%

Dair
Hits on frame: 16
Act on frame: 45
Landing lag: 21 (FH autocancel)
Damage: 14%

Neutral B / Reverse FALCON PAWNCH
Hits on frame: 53 / 61
Act on frame: 110 / 118
Damage: 25% / 28%

Side B Raptor Boost
Hits on frame: 20-35
Act on frame: 79
Damage: 9%

Up B Hug
Hits on frame: 14
Act on frame: 95 (if FF'd)
Damage: 12%

Down B FALCON KYICK
Hits on frame: 19-38
Act on frame: 76
Damage: 13% / 7%

Dash attack
Hits on frame: 7
Damage: 10% / 6%

Grab / Dashgrab
Hits on frame: 7 / 9
Shield on frame: 32 / 38
Uthrow damage: 7%
Fthrow damage: 9%
Dthrow damage: 6%
Bthrow damage: 9%

Pummel
Hits on frame: 4
Ends on frame: 19

Down taunt (only to be used facing into the camera)
Frames: 79
Damage: Large

Side taunt
Frames: 99

Up taunt
Frames: 79

Airdodge duration: 33, invincibility on 4-30
Spotdodge duration: 27, invincibility on 4-19
Dash startup frames: 5
Jump startup frames: 5
Jump landing frames: 2

Here's also some KO% testing. It was done on Smashville, values are without rage and with max rage.

Center of the stage:

Raptor Boost: 110% / 70%
Fsmash: 100% / 75%
Dsmash: 130% / 100%
Usmash: 100% / 75%
Knee of Justice: 75% / 60%
Bair: 120% / 95%
Dair side hitbox: 110% / 80%
Falcon Kick: 110% / 90%
Falcon Punch: 75% / 60%
Reverse Falcon Punch: 60% / 50%

From full jump:

Uair: 140% / 110%

Stage level:

Utilt spike: 50% / 40%
Dair spike: 40% / 30%

Edge of the stage:

Bthrow: 130% / 85%
Dtilt: 130% / 95%

It seems raptor boost and bthrow benefit from rage much more than other moves.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Nice work dude.
Brawl frame data for reference : http://smashboards.com/threads/show-me-ya-frames.285074/
Oh and Melee frame data for maximum referencing : http://smashboards.com/threads/captain-falcon-hitboxes-and-frame-data.284165/

Rapid changelist of the Brawl>4 stuff I noticed :
-Fsmash has more ending lag
-Usmash has less ending lag
-Fair/Dair more ending lag and no more autocancel
-Nair has slightly more landing lag
-Dash grab and pivot grab considerably faster
-Ftilt fixed
-No change to Bair (Bair is awesome)

It's funny to see that almost nothing has changed from Brawl to Smash 4 and only a few things have changed from Melee to Brawl. That says a lot about how the game engine can change everything.

TheBlueFalcon

Smash Cadet
Update - 9th December 2014

Added frame data information - thanks Trifroze.
Added listing of bugs/glitches.
Added list of links to useful resources and guides.
Minor corrections to move descriptions.

I'd also like to add a table of contents. Is there a way to link the entries to a particular part of the post?

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Not that I know of.

Small suggestions : you should probably add some words for the frame data you list in the OP. Just something like "hits on frame x, IASA frame y". Because right now someone that doesn't know about frame data can't understand what those numbers mean. I think it would be cool also if the moves descriptions were less subjective, because imo Bair is as good as Uair, and Dtilt is way better than what you make it look like when you describe it (I mean look at all the range you have, it's hands down Falcon's safest ground poke).

rahsosprout

Smash Apprentice
@ victra♥ victra♥
Thanks for your input.
I do my best to maintain the correctness and relevancy of this guide. Can you outline what you believe is outdated and/or wrong and I'll be happy to make adjustments as needed.

@ BakiThaG BakiThaG
Since this is a moveset guide which shows you Falcon's moves, the title is not misleading.
However, I agree some frame data would be a nice addition if and when it becomes available.
can we discuss some of the star ratings?

personally i think:
5 star:
dash grab, jab, uair, dthrow
4 star:
dtilt, bair, dair, fthrow
3 star:
ftilt, nair, falcon kick, dash attack, fsmash, bthrow, knee
2 star:
utilt, raptor boost, falcon dive, usmash, dmash
1 star:
falcon punch, standing grab (range), uthrow

a lot of ppl have been saying how good raptor boost is but i find it doesnt work against anybody decent. in the ditto it is pretty useless. even just holding jab beats it but maybe that's due to how good falcon's jab is.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
That's because you shouldn't use RB to approach, but to punish rolls dodges whiffs and landings.

Trifroze

NNID
Trifroze
Raptor boost is definitely 4 or 5, Knee is at least 4 considering how many reliable setups there are for it now. For example, dashgrab dthrow to Knee works on Sheik, Rosalina and Pikachu from 30% all the way to 110% each unless they SDI the throw itself which requires anticipation or clutch reflexes.

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Giving one or two stars to the new Raptor Boost is so mind-boggling to me, lol. It has been buffed so much. You just have to treat it as a killer, not as a combo starter.

TheBlueFalcon

Smash Cadet
Not that I know of.

Small suggestions : you should probably add some words for the frame data you list in the OP. Just something like "hits on frame x, IASA frame y". Because right now someone that doesn't know about frame data can't understand what those numbers mean. I think it would be cool also if the moves descriptions were less subjective, because imo Bair is as good as Uair, and Dtilt is way better than what you make it look like when you describe it (I mean look at all the range you have, it's hands down Falcon's safest ground poke).
The frame data format is currently listed at the top of the guide. Let me know your thoughts on whether this is clear enough.

I think U-air is definitely superior to B-air, since U-air is Falcon's go-to aerial move and B-air is more situational. B-air is great for punishing or KOing recovering enemies and the Corridor (RAR'd B-air) is a really good approach option, but generally you can't use B-air anywhere near as often or as effectively as U-air, so in my opinion U-air deserves the extra star.

D-tilt - you are absolutely right, its use has improved considerably since the game's initial launch. I now use it all the time for a quick punish on-stage and the knockback it provides can give you some fast relief from a vicious combo. This move entry will be revised shortly to bring it up to date.

can we discuss some of the star ratings?

personally i think:
5 star:
dash grab, jab, uair, dthrow
4 star:
dtilt, bair, dair, fthrow
3 star:
ftilt, nair, falcon kick, dash attack, fsmash, bthrow, knee
2 star:
utilt, raptor boost, falcon dive, usmash, dmash
1 star:
falcon punch, standing grab (range), uthrow

a lot of ppl have been saying how good raptor boost is but i find it doesnt work against anybody decent. in the ditto it is pretty useless. even just holding jab beats it but maybe that's due to how good falcon's jab is.
Here's my thoughts on your list:

Firstly, agreed - gentleman jab, U-air, D-throw are all 5-star in my book.
Dash grab is very good but difficult to land in lag. This is currently incorporated into the overall 3-star rating for grab, which takes into account both the short standing grab range and the usefulness of dash grab.

D-tilt is 4-star material now in my opinion and this will be adjusted soon.
B-air and F-throw - agreed.

Regarding D-air, I like the multi-purpose nature of this move and it's a really satisfying OHKO offstage. However, what I don't like is the excessive landing lag and the fact that it can be a snare for newer Falcons looking to get to ground with foes beneath them. Many top-tier characters cut straight through it with their U-air or similar and again the lag means a punish is inevitable, often even if you manage to land the shield stun.
Actually I think a slightly safer option is a downward Falcon Kick because it can more effectively intercept aerial attacks, though it's still pretty risky for the same reasons as D-air.
Overall it's a move for more experienced Falcons, though it can be a very efficient killer in the right hands.

F-tilt, N-air, F-smash, B-throw - agreed, all 3-star.
Falcon Kick is a favourite of mine because of how quickly it comes out. It's tricky to predict and can be used many times to get in a solid hit. Its knockback buff since Brawl means it's now much safer to use without the risk of instant punishment. Veteran Falcons definitely want to give this one a try in my opinion, even if you've steered clear of it in the past. It's probably a 3.5.

Dash attack is a solid and useful approach in Smash 4 and Falcon needs every approach he can get, particularly in FG with its flat stages.
Knee is Falcon's supreme high-risk, high-reward move. It's hard to land and tricky to master, but anyone who learns it well will have a devastating killer move at their disposal, to be pressed into service when the right opportunity arises. In my opinion this is one move that remains high tier despite the increased landing lag since Brawl, just because of the guaranteed KO potential it possesses unlike D-air.
As others have said, its combo potential with D-throw also adds to its usefulness.

U-tilt is something I haven't used a lot of lately. It's a decent edgeguarder at times and I've seen one or two Falcons taking advantage of its new spike property, but I think this move has very much made way for D-tilt in recent times.
I feel it definitely has some uses that are untapped as yet. More testing might shed some light on this.
Raptor Boost is a terrifying new KO move that will destroy unaware players and can make clued-up opponents think twice about approaching. It has its weaknesses, but I think this is one of Falcon's best buffs since Brawl.

Falcon Dive provides poor recovery but it's an essential part of the moveset, we wouldn't get far without it. It does have uses for dealing with edgeguarders who stand too close to the ledge, and you can also pull it off on-stage if someone gets too close (just try not to miss).
CF's smash attacks are all situational and I think most experienced players won't try to use them overly often. However, I do think that F-smash is the Captain's best smash since the nerf to running up-smashes. F-smash's knockback and range are surprisingly good, plus it has a very acceptable startup time and overall I think its an essential part of Falcon's moveset.

Falcon Punch, what can I say. This one really depends on how you use it. Personally I've had some great successes with it online even against some top Falcons, other players steer completely clear of it. It's purely a mindgame move that can break the opponent's confidence or lose you stocks depending on whether you can harness it.
Standing grab and U-throw are both fairly poor.

rahsosprout

Smash Apprentice
Here's my thoughts on your list:

Firstly, agreed - gentleman jab, U-air, D-throw are all 5-star in my book.
Dash grab is very good but difficult to land in lag. This is currently incorporated into the overall 3-star rating for grab, which takes into account both the short standing grab range and the usefulness of dash grab.

D-tilt is 4-star material now in my opinion and this will be adjusted soon.
B-air and F-throw - agreed.

Regarding D-air, I like the multi-purpose nature of this move and it's a really satisfying OHKO offstage. However, what I don't like is the excessive landing lag and the fact that it can be a snare for newer Falcons looking to get to ground with foes beneath them. Many top-tier characters cut straight through it with their U-air or similar and again the lag means a punish is inevitable, often even if you manage to land the shield stun.
Actually I think a slightly safer option is a downward Falcon Kick because it can more effectively intercept aerial attacks, though it's still pretty risky for the same reasons as D-air.
Overall it's a move for more experienced Falcons, though it can be a very efficient killer in the right hands.

F-tilt, N-air, F-smash, B-throw - agreed, all 3-star.
Falcon Kick is a favourite of mine because of how quickly it comes out. It's tricky to predict and can be used many times to get in a solid hit. Its knockback buff since Brawl means it's now much safer to use without the risk of instant punishment. Veteran Falcons definitely want to give this one a try in my opinion, even if you've steered clear of it in the past. It's probably a 3.5.

Dash attack is a solid and useful approach in Smash 4 and Falcon needs every approach he can get, particularly in FG with its flat stages.
Knee is Falcon's supreme high-risk, high-reward move. It's hard to land and tricky to master, but anyone who learns it well will have a devastating killer move at their disposal, to be pressed into service when the right opportunity arises. In my opinion this is one move that remains high tier despite the increased landing lag since Brawl, just because of the guaranteed KO potential it possesses unlike D-air.
As others have said, its combo potential with D-throw also adds to its usefulness.

U-tilt is something I haven't used a lot of lately. It's a decent edgeguarder at times and I've seen one or two Falcons taking advantage of its new spike property, but I think this move has very much made way for D-tilt in recent times.
I feel it definitely has some uses that are untapped as yet. More testing might shed some light on this.
Raptor Boost is a terrifying new KO move that will destroy unaware players and can make clued-up opponents think twice about approaching. It has its weaknesses, but I think this is one of Falcon's best buffs since Brawl.

Falcon Dive provides poor recovery but it's an essential part of the moveset, we wouldn't get far without it. It does have uses for dealing with edgeguarders who stand too close to the ledge, and you can also pull it off on-stage if someone gets too close (just try not to miss).
CF's smash attacks are all situational and I think most experienced players won't try to use them overly often. However, I do think that F-smash is the Captain's best smash since the nerf to running up-smashes. F-smash's knockback and range are surprisingly good, plus it has a very acceptable startup time and overall I think its an essential part of Falcon's moveset.

Falcon Punch, what can I say. This one really depends on how you use it. Personally I've had some great successes with it online even against some top Falcons, other players steer completely clear of it. It's purely a mindgame move that can break the opponent's confidence or lose you stocks depending on whether you can harness it.
Standing grab and U-throw are both fairly poor.
can we frame this from a competitive (local) perspective? i think dash grab should be separate from standing grab and online lag should not weigh in the assessment. dash grab is sinply too good. it offers a punish option for moves that otherwise have too much shield push to follow up (little macs fsmash) and closes distance quickly.

open to discussion on raptor boost but i just dont see it being used much competitively. i always save it for a surprise kill move but often i kill before this becomes relevant and i cant justify using this otherwise given the relatively long startup, low priority, and tremendous end lag. not to mention that this doesnt work on short characters and is not very reliable as a punish.

edit: i still question the ability to combo into knee taking into account di away and rage.

also ignoring the fact that this is a comprehensive guide: http://smashboards.com/threads/generating-a-win-an-electrifying-guide-to-pikachu.225527/

the move section of this guide is excellent. maybe we could duplicate the categorization of each move.

for example:
dtilt: spacing tool. edgeguard move?
bair: edgeguard move
dash attack: punisher. approach option
dthrow: combo starter

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
You... know that's just called DI, right? Good DI is inputted right when you're being hit.

Trifroze

NNID
Trifroze
Ah, I guess through playing Brawl I came to categorize momentum cancelling as DI and slowly revert to calling everything else SDI. Regardless though, DI'ing Falcon's dthrow is fairly difficult considering how quick the animation is, especially when buffered from an unexpected dashgrab (has to be buffered for the knee follow-up to work in most if not all cases).

Last edited:

rahsosprout

Smash Apprentice
You... know that's just called DI, right? Good DI is inputted right when you're being hit.
i thought that sdi is during an active hitbox (with either c stick and/or control stick) and normal di is done by simply holding a direction

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
@ R rahsosprout I think you misunderstand what SDI means. SDI = Smash DI, meaning you smash your c-stick along with your joystick in one or more directions in order to break free from something/move along something.

This worked in Melee and Brawl, doesn't work as well in Sm4sh (because the c-stick directional input is gone).

rahsosprout

Smash Apprentice
@ R rahsosprout I think you misunderstand what SDI means. SDI = Smash DI, meaning you smash your c-stick along with your joystick in one or more directions in order to break free from something/move along something.

This worked in Melee and Brawl, doesn't work as well in Sm4sh (because the c-stick directional input is gone).
how is that different from what i just described? like in melee i sdi up to get out of foxs 1st hit uair or in brawl i sdi to get out of multihit moves like pikachus dsmash. normal di would be like holding left or right from puffs uthrow in melee to avoid the rest followup or holding away after snakes utilt in brawl.

Alphamew17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alphamew17
3DS FC
4296-3486-7805
You should add the percentages at which Cap. Falcon's meteor smashes can kill. On average I've been able to kill people off the edge with his U-Tilt at 50%, but it might vary. Same goes for Dair

Alphamew17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alphamew17
3DS FC
4296-3486-7805
It's hard to test if you don't have another player to meteor cancel.
You just need to test average %'s in training. The meteor cancel can only be performed if they are near/collide with a wall/floor, so I'm curious to see what the average %'s are on stages without walls. With walls, anyone can cancel if they time it.

...Unless you mean to say there's a way to stop your momentum from a meteor smash without a collision...

rahsosprout

Smash Apprentice
You just need to test average %'s in training. The meteor cancel can only be performed if they are near/collide with a wall/floor, so I'm curious to see what the average %'s are on stages without walls. With walls, anyone can cancel if they time it.

...Unless you mean to say there's a way to stop your momentum from a meteor smash without a collision...
yep you can. you were referring to stage teching. i think there are a decent number of frames before you can meteor cancel though. it is nowhere near as useful as in melee

edit: does anyone know if there is still the additional frame penalty for trying to meteor cancel too early like in brawl?

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre

Yes and it's called meteor cancel lmao

You're mistaking wall tech and meteor cancel.

In order to meteor cancel (in melee and in brawl, for now I don't know how it works in smash 4 but it should be similar) you have to wait a certain time after being meteor'd then jump or up B. Doing so will make you able to negate a lot of the meteor's power, but doing your jump/up B too early will give you a penalty that will make it harder to recover (like @ R rahsosprout said).

Then again I have no proof that it works this way in smash 4, but it's been like this in melee and brawl so why shouldn't it ?

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
I agree that it's funny that very few things changed frame-wise for Falcon from Brawl to Smash4, but let's keep in mind that his hitboxes are inadverbially better.

For some reason I've always felt smash4's uair slightly faster than Brawl's, I guess it's only the feeling.

Maître Luigi

Smash Apprentice
Dantarion's Sm4sh game dump of animcmd has the following data for U-Air:

Code:
def game_6B():
unk_170(0xD, 0x2100, )
AsynchronousTimer_0D0(Frame=6.000000, )
Hitbox_026(ID=0x0, GID=0x0, Bone=0x4, Damage=13.000000, Angle=0x46, KBG=0x64, WKB=0x0, BKB=0xA, Size=4.500000, Z=3.200000, Y=2.100000, X=0.000000, Element=0x0, Tripping=0x0, Hitlag=1.000000, SDI=1.000000, unk_=0x1, unk_=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, 0x1, 0x2, 0x3, 0x1, 0x6, )
Hitbox_026(ID=0x1, GID=0x0, Bone=0x5, Damage=12.000000, Angle=0x46, KBG=0x64, WKB=0x0, BKB=0xA, Size=5.000000, Z=6.200000, Y=0.900000, X=-0.400000, Element=0x0, Tripping=0x0, Hitlag=1.000000, SDI=1.000000, unk_=0x1, unk_=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, 0x1, 0x2, 0x3, 0x1, 0x6, )
SynchronousTimer_20B(Frame=5.000000, )
Hitbox_026(ID=0x0, GID=0x0, Bone=0x4, Damage=12.000000, Angle=0x1E, KBG=0x50, WKB=0x0, BKB=0x8, Size=4.500000, Z=3.200000, Y=2.100000, X=0.000000, Element=0x0, Tripping=0x0, Hitlag=1.000000, SDI=1.000000, unk_=0x1, unk_=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, 0x1, 0x2, 0x3, 0x1, 0x6, )
Hitbox_026(ID=0x1, GID=0x0, Bone=0x5, Damage=10.000000, Angle=0x1E, KBG=0x50, WKB=0x0, BKB=0x8, Size=5.000000, Z=6.200000, Y=0.900000, X=-0.400000, Element=0x0, Tripping=0x0, Hitlag=1.000000, SDI=1.000000, unk_=0x1, unk_=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, 0x1, 0x2, 0x3, 0x1, 0x6, )
AsynchronousTimer_0D0(Frame=13.000000, )
RemoveAllHitboxes_014()
AsynchronousTimer_0D0(Frame=24.000000, )
unk_16F(0xD, 0x2100, )
End_196()
Thinkaman's Frame data accurately interprets the following for U-Air:
Frame 6-10: 13% 10b/100g (KO@ 167%) 70°
Frame 6-10: 12% 10b/100g (KO@ 181%) 70°
Frame 11-12: 12% 8b/80g (KO@ 191%) 30°
Frame 11-12: 10% 8b/80g (KO@ 227%) 30°
Max Damage: 13%
Enables transition to Uair landing state (landing lag) on real frame 1
Cancels transition to Uair landing state (landing lag) on real frame 24

Brawl has the following data for U-Air:
Damage- 10-13%
Knockback- Outer Hitbox(Medium)/ Close(High)
Death-NO DI,OUTER HITBOX(121-159%) CLOSE(113-147%)
Lag-
Speed- 6 Frames

This means both Brawl and Sm4sh U-Air have the same speed on start-up.

Last edited:

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
There should be a note on Fsmash: angled up/down Fsmash deals 1% more damage and probably has more knockback.

Trifroze

NNID
Trifroze
Yeah, I've been using downwards angled fsmash for a while now. It actually kills at 80% in the same situation where a normal one kills at 90%, so it's considerably better. Upwards you get a little bit less knockback than downwards but more than normal, however it's much better for anti-airing than the downwards one. The horizontal reach isn't affected at all by angling as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Not to mention that angling it downwards is a necessity for some short characters. Specially ones that are crouching. I love angling f-smash too. Dat reach

Trifroze

NNID
Trifroze
Anyone else think Falcon's upsmash is underrated? It has the longest jump cancel in the game, you can literally move a third of FD while charging it, it does 19% (or 24% sweetspotted), and kills most characters at around 90-110%. In addition it's really safe for a smash, you can act out of it in like 15 frames. You can also combo bair into jump canceled upsmash at low to mid percents which is 33% damage from two attacks. Because of the jump cancel, it also seems like an excellent long-range punish option, even better than Raptor Boost at least without rage. The forwards range on upsmash is slightly longer than Falcon's jab. Need to start using this more to see its uses for real though. Main problem with it is that the first hit does 6% and hence doesn't beat out anything.

Top Bottom