• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon First Hit Nair Combos

dogeakhiin

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
4017-6640-3916
Thanks for the video, im not sure if there is already a thread. Im having trouble chaining one nair to the next, any recommendations?

MountainFalcon15

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the video, im not sure if there is already a thread. Im having trouble chaining one nair to the next, any recommendations?
Still not really a captain falcon player but remember to fastball after each nair, then dash towards the opponent for a very small amount of time then short hop nair again. If you still have trouble practice in 1/4, 1/2, 2/3, etc. on heavy characters, with a large hurt box.

dogeakhiin

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
4017-6640-3916
Still not really a captain falcon player but remember to fastball after each nair, then dash towards the opponent for a very small amount of time then short hop nair again. If you still have trouble practice in 1/4, 1/2, 2/3, etc. on heavy characters, with a large hurt box.
Its cool, any tips are appreciated! Thank you!

Jfalcon

Smash Rookie
Anyone have any tips for when to throw out the single hit n-air> im having trouble finding situations when i can actually use it.

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
Anyone have any tips for when to throw out the single hit n-air> im having trouble finding situations when i can actually use it.
You'd usually fish to SH nair1 when you're trying to convert into kill (nair1 > knee, nair1 > up B, nair1 > dair). It's good as a ledge trap/ on tech chase if opponents whiff get up attack, or as a whiff punish after fox trotting in and out of an opponents range. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe if you fast fall a late nair1 on shield, you get a grab, guaranteed.

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
Throwing out the fabled double post. Nair1 at 55-65% kills just about any character. Nair1 > SHFF uair > FH knee. If you don't have the room, just do nair1 > knee.

Jfalcon

Smash Rookie
I know the set ups and stuff its just i can't ever figure out when to throw the n-air out and whenever i hit it the n-air i don't react quickly enough

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
I know the set ups and stuff its just i can't ever figure out when to throw the n-air out and whenever i hit it the n-air i don't react quickly enough
To put it simply, when you want to kill the opponent at a mid %, throw short hop fast fall n-air1 out to set it up. Assume it’s going to hit and begin to buffer the follow up.

To put it technically, use it when the opponent is on/ near the ground at disadvantage or as a punish/ whiff punish.

Hop in training with a middle weight opponent, set the CPU to 60% and keep hitting them with SH FF n-air1 > SH FF u-air > full hop knee. Keep resetting and repeating until you’re comfortable.

Top Bottom