• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon 1.1.4 Update Discussion

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Alright gentlemen, let's get this underway. Post anything and everything you find.

Allegedly there is some sort of frame change in one or more moves per some data mining. It's likely nothing significant, but someone ought to check it. I have heard that up air is supposedly different in some way? The hitbox is apparently more matching to the hit trail or something like that. Can anyone confirm it?

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
From playing 20 minutes with him, he feels the same. If there's any change it's probably really minor.

Clamhat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Clamhat
The only thing I've come close to verifying is damage %s, which all appear to be the same.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Does anyone remember if an instant up air could hit a standing Fox pre patch? Because I'm able to hit him with the front hitbox of up air now If I start it right away, but I keep thinking you could do that before. Anyone able to verify?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Just throwing this out there, but from any change I could think of that's out of the ordinary, I tested Falcon's UpB heights & they're all still the same. So it's not that. I don't think there'd be a change to the momentum he has from Falcon Dive or of a magnet hands buff with ledgegrabbing. So probably not any of that.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
Does anyone remember if an instant up air could hit a standing Fox pre patch? Because I'm able to hit him with the front hitbox of up air now If I start it right away, but I keep thinking you could do that before. Anyone able to verify?
As in shorthopping and insta up air in front of him ? It whiffs (i'm still on 3DS 1.1.3)

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
As in shorthopping and insta up air in front of him ? It whiffs (i'm still on 3DS 1.1.3)
Yeah but a frame perfect one. If i buffer up air with c stick set to tilt,I'm now able to hit standing Fox. They might have adjusted the hitbox on this move slightly.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
Yeah but a frame perfect one. If i buffer up air with c stick set to tilt,I'm now able to hit standing Fox. They might have adjusted the hitbox on this move slightly.
does it only work if it's frame perfect ? i don't have the new 3DS so i have to up air as fast as i can after a shorthop (or else he'll charge upsmash)

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
does it only work if it's frame perfect ? i don't have the new 3DS so i have to up air as fast as i can after a shorthop (or else he'll charge upsmash)
I think so. You can use the slow motion to do it on 3ds though.

Dust^

Smash Rookie
The only changed i've noticed is that the back legs of u-air now actually hit consistently, like if you were to hit or even edgeguard someone with the backhit of u-air pre-patch it would've most likely just went through them but now it seems to hit everytime.

KirbydaBear

Smash Rookie
I've found it's easier to hit a SHFF u-air. Was testing against metaknight, and I was able to hit it very reliably. Not sure if it's a placebo or if they actually adjusted the hitbox (often the trails would start but no hitbox would come out, not really the case any more)

Pacmaniak

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pacmaniak
3DS FC
3153-5930-5678
wait until I get to my house so I can test everything on wiiu, I still have 1.1.3, anything I should test besides upair hitbox?

Danthedude

Smash Rookie
wait until I get to my house so I can test everything on wiiu, I still have 1.1.3, anything I should test besides upair hitbox?
Also, check the distance raptor boost travels. Last night, I thought I was recovering from lengths I could not prior to the patch with raptor boost.

Pacmaniak

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pacmaniak
3DS FC
3153-5930-5678
can someone get me footage of SH upair on fox from 1.1.4?

D

Deleted member 269706

I played Falcon in tourney yesterday. Almost nothing felt different except uair was killing more than normal but still at really high percents (I never kill with that move). Probably was just the situation and bad DI on my opponents part, but there may have been a change to his uair based on what I've been reading/experienced.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clamhat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Clamhat
where can I find the actual update data? The only information I could find was the ShinyQuagsire file stating where the differences are. Unless I'm missing something obvious, that isn't the actual update data itself.

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
Will there be a thread regarding how other characters' patches affect Falcon? I imagine Marth has become a lot harder of a MU now.

Still, no Falcon Punch buff. Somehow it still kills later than Fsmash

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Marth is probably harder, but not by a lot. I mean the range on his Fair and Dtilt are increased but Falcon can still get through his zoning even though it will require more precision.

Falcon's mobility has always been strong against Marth since Melee, even in Brawl where he was bot tier he could still hold his own against Marth who was top 8.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I think Marth is fairly harder, thatj's probably true. Marth can kill us far more reliably now. Jab into fair will kill near the edge around 100. Jab into Up B is still a solid EZmode kill for Marth too near the edge. Probably a bunch of other things too now, but you get the idea, he's just going to kill more reliably now.

The other character's changes I don't feel like will make a giant difference for us. Ike's fair was already pretty safe, now its just even more safe. We already respect that move in the neutral so whatever. Perhaps we need to have a little more respect for Roy's landing approaches now as well, since fair is like -5 now. We definitely cannot dash grab him or whatever before he can dtilt us out of that. Still has to land the hit on shield or on body to make it safe though.

Bayonetta I think isn't that bad of a matchup IMO. Her weight and hurtbox size make her actually extremely easy to kill. You should get a knee basically every time out of dashing d throw around like 65-80 or whatever. Maybe if they're quick they can escape but I don't think so, it's like hitting pikachu out of throw with it.

Top Bottom