• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Capcom Fighting Collection to Release on June 24th

capcom fighting collection.jpg

Capcom has just revealed the Capcom Fighting Collection. The announcement happened during the Capcom Pro Tour 2021 Season Finals, which also included a teaser trailer for Street Fighter VI. You can check out the official announcement for the Capcom Fighting Collection here and watch the trailer below:

The collection includes the following Capcom fighting games:
  • Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
  • Night Warriors: Darkstalkers’ Revenge
  • Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire
  • Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers’ Revenge
    • First official release outside of Japan
  • Vampire Savior 2: The Lord of Vampire
    • First official release outside of Japan
  • Hyper Street Fighter II
  • Red Earth
    • First release outside of arcades
  • Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness
  • Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo

1645473427779.png

Outside of the games themselves, the collection will also include the following features:
  • Online play for all 10 games including casual, ranked, and lobby matches.
  • Rollback netcode for all games for a smooth online experience.
  • Training mode for all games (except for Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo).
  • Spectator mode for online matches.
  • Various quality of life improvements including the ability to save your progress mid-game.
  • An in-game museum that features over 500 pieces of artwork and more than 400 music tracks to listen to.

With all of the Darkstalker games in one package along with a lot of other great games and features, it should go without saying that there is a lot to look forward to in this package.

The Capcom Fighting Collection will be released for $39.99 on June 24th for Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

Credits:
Writing/Editing: Sari Sari
Social Media: @Zerp

Author's Note: To anyone hoping for a new Darkstalkers, I'd highly recommend buying this package to show your support for one. Which game(s) are you the most excited for in this collection? Let us know in the comments below!

Sari

Comments

I think this is a great opportunity for Capcom's other fighting games to gain shine and it is really interesting to see five different iterations of Darkstalkers in which I predict they could use this as a way to gauge interest for the franchise which is something that Darkstalkers: Resurrection was not able to achieve for a new entry.

I'm looking forward to this; I enjoyed the Street Fighter and Beat-Em-Up collections, and I'm looking forward to playing games like Red Earth, Cyberbots, or Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix to see what they're like. While I've played Darkstalkers 2, Darkstalkers 3, and various versions of Street Fighter 2 before, I'm interested to see how these new versions change things up.

Plus, the inclusion of Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo gives me hope that if we get a Marvel Vs. Capcom collection, the Punisher beat-em-up game will be included since they don't have to stick to one genre as long as a game fits in with the rest thematically. I'm not a fan of the Punisher as a character (maybe I just haven't read the right stories; he just seems too cynical/brutal for my tastes), but I like beat-em-ups, and the game's part of that era of Marvel and Capcom collaborations.

I'm looking forward to this; I enjoyed the Street Fighter and Beat-Em-Up collections, and I'm looking forward to playing games like Red Earth, Cyberbots, or Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix to see what they're like. While I've played Darkstalkers 2, Darkstalkers 3, and various versions of Street Fighter 2 before, I'm interested to see how these new versions change things up.

Plus, the inclusion of Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo gives me hope that if we get a Marvel Vs. Capcom collection, the Punisher beat-em-up game will be included since they don't have to stick to one genre as long as a game fits in with the rest thematically. I'm not a fan of the Punisher as a character (maybe I just haven't read the right stories; he just seems too cynical/brutal for my tastes), but I like beat-em-ups, and the game's part of that era of Marvel and Capcom collaborations.
Man I was excited for the beat em up bundle but I didn’t have Final Fight 2 or 3 and I was really hoping it would have Alien vs Predator on it since that Capcom fight stick plug and play had it. At least this fighting game collection has a higher percentage of the titles we love. And an MvC collection would be amazing.

Man I was excited for the beat em up bundle but I didn’t have Final Fight 2 or 3 and I was really hoping it would have Alien vs Predator on it since that Capcom fight stick plug and play had it. At least this fighting game collection has a higher percentage of the titles we love. And an MvC collection would be amazing.
Yeah, it's a shame that those games weren't included (I really want to play the Alien vs. Predator game), but from what I recall, Final Fight 2 and 3 never got arcade releases (they only came out on the SNES, and the collection was focused on arcade games), while AvP presumably would have had licensing issues to deal with. (though they clearly dealt with those issues by the time that the plug-and-play arcade stick came out about a year after the Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle)

Still a shame that they couldn't be included as an update or DLC or something.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a shame that those games weren't included (I really want to play the Alien vs. Predator game), but from what I recall, Final Fight 2 and 3 never got arcade releases (they only came out on the SNES, and the collection was focused on arcade games), while AvP presumably would have had licensing issues to deal with. (though they clearly dealt with those issues by the time that the plug-and-play arcade stick came out about a year after the Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle)

Still a shame that they couldn't be included as an update or DLC or something.
Hopefully. I really want the entire Final Fight series. Maybe even a true FF 4.

Hopefully. I really want the entire Final Fight series. Maybe even a true FF 4.
I'd love to see a Final Fight 4 similar to Streets of Rage 4, Ghosts 'n' Goblins Resurrection, or that new Getsu Fuma Den game where they take a dormant franchise and revive it with a new art style.

I know there was a big Capcom leak a few years back, though I can't recall if a new Final Fight game was mentioned in there or not.

I've played Resurrections back when it was on the PS3 which contained only Night Warriors: Darkstalker's Revenge and Vampire Savior (Darkstalkers 3) and it was a shame that a sequel had not been in the works in which a lot of people had requested for a long while. I really hope that if the collection does sell well, it might be the breakthrough that Capcom need to gauge and draw in interest for the series especially since I believe this is the first time Darkstalkers is on a Nintendo home console.

Like I said with how I believe that if the sales for Capcom Fighters Collection will possibly benefit the Darkstalkers series does well, Capcom might consider doing a 3D Fighters Collection and perhaps a Marvel Vs Capcom collection.

Really excited to be able to play all of these classic fighters, i've been trying to get into more straightforward 2d fighters

Top Bottom