• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't swap out Distant Planet

sealedinterface

Smash Rookie
NNID
einsteinsci
I want to swap Distant Planet (and its L alternate) with another stage, but for some reason it always crashes when I try to do so. I have the STGEARTH.PAC file in /pf/stage/melee and st_earth.rel in /pf/module (as well as their _z alternates). This doesn't happen with most other stages. Is there an additional file I need to modify to swap this particular stage out?

EDIT: I've also seen this happen with Spear Pillar (STGTENGAN_#.PAC).

Last edited:

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet
The rel file of the stage ur trying to swap it out with has to have the same base rel as distant planet. You'll have to use this site in order to convert rel files from one to another: http://www.lakora.us/rel/

Whatever the base rel of the stage ur trying to replace distant planet with is, convert it by using that site. For example, if your stage's base rel is from Final Destination, you'd find & select FD on the LEFT side of the converter, and then click Distant planet from the RIGHT side. Tho the output rel will be for distant planet, it should now allow for your custom stage to replace it without freezing. Hope this all makes sense. Let me know if you need further help.

Top Bottom