• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't short hop ac uair

Playn

Smash Rookie
This seems like a very important ICs tech that, after 3 years maining them at about a 3-2 at locals level, I still can't do. Standing still I can occassionally, but even throwing in a wavedash first makes this impossible. My hands just aren't fast enough.

With other techs where my hands weren't fast enough, I've been able to learn to do consistently just by continuing to try over a long period of time. This was the case with, e.g., fox short hop double laser.

Thoughts? Stock grip.

todoslosdays

Smash Rookie
Personally, when I do some SH aerials, I hit Y-A really fast (like a slide off) then I hit A again to input the aerial. You would always try tap jump too to see if that works.

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
I input all my shorthops with the analog stick and I can hit shffls every time. I can also double laser.

Top Bottom