• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't read from DVD_Plugin - DVD-Interface: Fatal Error: Project M

OhGee

Smash Rookie
So I've finally done it.
After waiting a long time for the SSBB NTSC ISO to download and following this guide I have successfully booted up Project M.
Or so I thought.
Upon launching the PMNetplay.elf ROM in Dolphin, and pressing "Launch Game" in the Gecko menu, PM has found the SD codes and continues to the Project M startup screen. Y'know, the one that says "tighten wrist strap to contain hype" or something. After the screen finishes it's itty bitty animation, I press A/Start/whatever to continue on. The screen goes black, and then it goes white, giving me this warning popup:

"Can't read from DVD_Plugin - DVD-Interface: Fatal Error"

Now, can someone help me with this? I don't know what exactly to do and I want confirmation first if I HAVE to have Smash on a disc. Because NOTE: I AM USING AN ISO, NOT AN ACTUAL SSBB DISC. I mean, I have a copy of SSBB. How would I go about getting past this warning popup and into a functioning Project M?

Info that might help:
-I AM USING A MAC
-Not using a disc copy at the moment
-Using an NTSC SSBB ISO
-Using Dolphin 4.0-7840
-Using MAYFLASH Gamecube Adapter (I've heard it's possible the adapter can cause problems so I thought I'd put this here)
-Followed all steps correctly on that guide

Help ASAP would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, something else to note: this warning popup also happens when I open the NTSC SSBB ISO itself. I think it may just be a faulty ISO can someone give me a link to a WORKING SSBB ISO?

I got my ISO from this videos description and its giving me the warning.

Last edited:

OhGee

Smash Rookie
Oh, something else to note: this warning popup also happens when I open the NTSC SSBB ISO itself. I think it may just be a faulty ISO can someone give me a link to a WORKING SSBB ISO?

Top Bottom