• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Well everyone still thinks Wolf will be in, and now that the Roy fans are much calmer, we could maybe get some more people to vote for Wolf, maybe Shofu could make a video just on voting for Wolf.

Same, would rather have an obscure Nintendo character in (BB bandit trio, Pious) than a third party character.

Could you possibly show me these leaks?
found one of the pics, lemme see if I can find the rest

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Well everyone still thinks Wolf will be in, and now that the Roy fans are much calmer, we could maybe get some more people to vote for Wolf, maybe Shofu could make a video just on voting for Wolf.

Same, would rather have an obscure Nintendo character in (BB bandit trio, Pious) than a third party character.

Could you possibly show me these leaks?
You know, if this Ryu thing is real the optimist in me is saying we must be getting at least 10 more DLC characters just to make sense of this. Why would Ryu get in when he's not even a top 10 requested third party character, much less a top 10 newcomer or top 10 wanted fighter in general? There's a ton of characters that were and have been in line ahead of him. If he never got in, you probably wouldn't hear anything about it. Where as if Wolf, Rool, Isaac, Krystal, Dixie, Inkling, Bandana Dee, etc didn't get in you'd have a noticable number of disappointed fans here... and that's just naming the popular Nintendo characters here that should have the best chance. Does Ryu even have a thread on this board, lol? Not that this board speaks for all Smash fans obviously, but when you look around at just about every poll that's been made in the last half year, there's a certain group of characters that appears every time and Ryu wasn't among them ever.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
A few days before the direct on April 1, I had heard of a "Brains and Brawn" DLC pack so I automatically figured it was Lucas and Wolf. Unfortunately, I was half wrong :/.

derpcube

Smash Apprentice
WE STILL HAVE LUCAS GUYZ.

Im sure as hey that wolf will come back, the only dlc characters so far are lucas and mewtwo both of which have been cut once before.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
This the savage/denying/desperate side of me speaking, but what if Nintendo purposefully left those sound files to test the waters for DLC characters that they want in? They leave a small bit of troll/scrapped/beta-test files, knowing they'd be uncovered, and they're looking to see our reactions. Unlikely, but possible nonetheless. Wolf's sound files (Stage music pieces, victory theme, etc.) is already in the game, being simply based off of the rest of the Star Fox cast, so there really wouldn't be anything to leak, as stated by myself and others before.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
This the savage/denying/desperate side of me speaking, but what if Nintendo purposefully left those sound files to test the waters for DLC characters that they want in? They leave a small bit of troll/scrapped/beta-test files, knowing they'd be uncovered, and they're looking to see our reactions. Unlikely, but possible nonetheless. Wolf's sound files (Stage music pieces, victory theme, etc.) is already in the game, being simply based off of the rest of the Star Fox cast, so there really wouldn't be anything to leak, as stated by myself and others before.
I think that would be a longshot tbh on the whole planting thing. On the other hand I could see why Wolf wouldnt have a file even if he's in development since he already has what he needs sound wise in the game but Im definitely not counting on it.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Well I can't say I believe this is true at the moment, I can't say I'd be surprised if it was deemed true later on. Sakurai can be unpredictable. I mean, how many people were petitioning to have Wii Fit Trainer as a fighter, and look what happened. How she's in smash and I think she's one of the most unique fighters to ever be in smash. So if this true (which I kinda hope it is, Ryu? Really?) then we really don't know what's gonna happen.

I think that would be a longshot tbh on the whole planting thing. On the other hand I could see why Wolf wouldnt have a file even if he's in development since he already has what he needs sound wise in the game but Im definitely not counting on it.
I hope this is true as well. Though I would want Wolf to have his own victory theme, such as a piece from the Star Wolf theme. After all, Wolf has been confirmed to be in SF Wii U, so if Nintendo wants to get paid to advertise their new game, they'll put him in.

Many speculate he'll he announced at E3, which very well could happen. I really do hope it does, because E3 is during my 18th birthday, and Wolf being announced would be a pretty awesome birthday present from Nintendo :) !

Mightyno.M

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mickeyx
3DS FC
4141-2356-8625
Well I can't say I believe this is true at the moment, I can't say I'd be surprised if it was deemed true later on. Sakurai can be unpredictable. I mean, how many people were petitioning to have Wii Fit Trainer as a fighter, and look what happened. How she's in smash and I think she's one of the most unique fighters to ever be in smash. So if this true (which I kinda hope it is, Ryu? Really?) then we really don't know what's gonna happen.

I hope this is true as well. Though I would want Wolf to have his own victory theme, such as a piece from the Star Wolf theme. After all, Wolf has been confirmed to be in SF Wii U, so if Nintendo wants to get paid to advertise their new game, they'll put him in.

Many speculate he'll he announced at E3, which very well could happen. I really do hope it does, because E3 is during my 18th birthday, and Wolf being announced would be a pretty awesome birthday present from Nintendo :) !
Well since I may forget when it's E3 Remember that Your friend Mighty wished you a happy birthday

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Two things:

1) This seems a bit fast after the DLC poll, so I have the feeling that they may have been worked on before the poll went out.

2) It is absolutely true that Wolf would not need a new victory theme added, but in theory neither would Roy.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Two things:

1) This seems a bit fast after the DLC poll, so I have the feeling that they may have been worked on before the poll went out.

2) It is absolutely true that Wolf would not need a new victory theme added, but in theory neither would Roy.
Exactly which says to me Wolf isnt being worked on or is but isnt as far along as Roy and Ryu.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Exactly which says to me Wolf isnt being worked on or is but isnt as far along as Roy and Ryu.
I don't think there's any reason to believe that; the files left in the patch could very well be a major oversight. It doesn't suggest Wolf isn't being worked on at all nor does it suggest he isn't far along in development as Roy or Ryu.

We need to be patient and see what awaits us at E3.

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
All this tension before E3 just made me sign up after watching this thread since the beginning.
I'm so worried that I can't even play sm4sh much anymore.

Here to support Lord O'Donnell all the way.:wolf:

Also hoping they keep his heavy, but quick style. NOT PM WOLF. That's just a cool looking clone...

Last edited:

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Just red the article about Star Fox Wii U: One of the 3 mods in it features Wolf (as the enemy)

I think, this is a pretty good indicator that we will get him with the SFWii U game. Atleast, thats what I hope :)
I have no problem waiting, this game will be around 7 years before the new Smash comes around, doesn´t matter if he comes around august or november, as long as we get conformation on wolf, I´m happy :3

Last edited:

rsr2

Smash Lord
Also hoping they keep his heavy, but quick style. NOT PM WOLF. That's just a cool looking clone...
My main thing is to keep his shine. I felt that his shine was amazing!

Pretty much just waiting for E3 so you won't see me post here all that much. But can't wait to see if he gets revealed because I have a good feeling he will. I have money it >_>

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
You guys don't worry. I figure they'll show Wolf closer to release of Star Fox U while Roy and Ryu will be shown at E3. We'll probably get them both in August while Wolf in October. Or Ryu/Roy in August/October and Wolf in December. One way or another I'm confident we're getting Wolf this year. Just not before Roy and Ryu.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You guys still worried about Wolf? It's pretty much a done deal at this point. Wolf and the Ice Climbers are the only Nintendo owned veterans that anyone really wants as DLC now and given how characters will probably keep coming out until next Spring, it's pretty much in the bag for you guys. Now it's just a matter of when.

sauceee

Smash Rookie
Honestly I think the whole "leak" is some kind of hoax. As cool as it would be to have :roypm: back, Ryu just seems so out of place in a game full of characters from just about every game genre BESIDES fighting games.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Honestly I think the whole "leak" is some kind of hoax. As cool as it would be to have :roypm: back, Ryu just seems so out of place in a game full of characters from just about every game genre BESIDES fighting games.
Kind of Hoax ? you know that April fool was 15 days ago ?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im going to make it a lot more nightmaric for you guys

https://mobile.twitter.com/crediar/status/588452304539418624

This is even more reliable than the other guy

But seriously though this does not hurt wolf it helps him

Because are you forgetting it prooves there may be more room than you think.

Besides

:4mewtwo::4lucas::roypm::wolf: Ryu, ballot winner(s)

That 6 like the speculation of 5 more dlcs after mewtwo.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Wolf's gonna happen, guys. Why wouldn't he?
Sakurai went through the trouble of bringing back Lucas and potentially Roy. Why would he just leave out Wolf? I don't see it happening, especially with Star Fox U.
Just wait a little while, we may get what we want.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
You guys still worried about Wolf? It's pretty much a done deal at this point. Wolf and the Ice Climbers are the only Nintendo owned veterans that anyone really wants as DLC now and given how characters will probably keep coming out until next Spring, it's pretty much in the bag for you guys. Now it's just a matter of when.
Wolf's gonna happen, guys. Why wouldn't he?
Sakurai went through the trouble of bringing back Lucas and potentially Roy. Why would he just leave out Wolf? I don't see it happening, especially with Star Fox U.
Just wait a little while, we may get what we want.
Again, I want to believe that Wolf is a shoe-in for DLC, and maybe he is. Still, we can't afford to let out guards down. Many people aren't supporting Wolf, because they are under the impression that he is a shoe-in and they think he'll get in no matter what. This means he'll have less support, and therefore he may not get in, because of it.

I'm just afraid too many people have this mindset, and his chances will be hurt, because of it.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Be that as it may, but we will all breathe a little easier when he shows up.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Im going to make it a lot more nightmaric for you guys

https://mobile.twitter.com/crediar/status/588452304539418624

This is even more reliable than the other guy

But seriously though this does not hurt wolf it helps him

Because are you forgetting it prooves there may be more room than you think.

Besides

:4mewtwo::4lucas::roypm::wolf: Ryu, ballot winner(s)

That 6 like the speculation of 5 more dlcs after mewtwo.
So, the files were not found in the Wii U update? I know this tweet was made yesterday, but interesting, nonetheless.

So, what makes this more nightmarish?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The nightmareish was a joke

Everyone here is panicing because they think roy and ryu hurts wolfs chances.
Very funny, wise guy! Well, I do have a bit of worry, but at least I still have faith that Wolf will get in, despite the Roy and Ryu leaks we just received. I just hope they are working on him right now.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
File me as a supporter. Honestly, without getting Lucas back, I don't think I'd be so eager to return our lupine space merc. Even then, both of them are weird choices to bring back with the advent of custom moves. So it really only feels fair to bring both of them back.

I think Ash from GameXplain described Wolf's chances playing out in the most convincing way. Lucas will distribute in June, when E3 takes place. Star Fox U will be revealed during the Direct. May or may not show Wolf in the trailer. Perfect segway to reveal him as the next DLC fighter. Wolf would distribute sometime in Fall, then the Smash Ballot winner will be revealed and released by Winter. Anyone else after that feels periphery.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
File me as a supporter. Honestly, without getting Lucas back, I don't think I'd be so eager to return our lupine space merc. Even then, both of them are weird choices to bring back with the advent of custom moves. So it really only feels fair to bring both of them back.

I think Ash from GameXplain described Wolf's chances playing out in the most convincing way. Lucas will distribute in June, when E3 takes place. Star Fox U will be revealed during the Direct. May or may not show Wolf in the trailer. Perfect segway to reveal him as the next DLC fighter. Wolf would distribute sometime in Fall, then the Smash Ballot winner will be revealed and released by Winter. Anyone else after that feels periphery.
Eh I just don't see Wolf at E3 anymore with those leaks. I figure Ryu and Roy at E3 and Wolf released closer to the Star Fox U release date. Just my thought. He's definitely coming back regardless.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Eh I just don't see Wolf at E3 anymore with those leaks. I figure Ryu and Roy at E3 and Wolf released closer to the Star Fox U release date. Just my thought. He's definitely coming back regardless.
Well, according to someone else here, it is said that Sakurai will be attending a Fire Emblem event in July. It is also said he would make a "smashing announcement". The guy who said this said that he believed that the announcement may be Roy DLC. If that is to be the case, there should be some room left for Wolf to be revealed at E3. It may or may not happen, but anything is possible.

Here is the link to where that guy got it from.

https://twitter.com/LTNintendo/status/588938332891176960

Top Bottom