• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't get to SmashBoards on Chrome?

dav3yb

Smash Journeyman
Didn't really know where else to put this, but I was wondering if anyone else is having issues getting to SB from any chrome browsers. My phone (Android) and a chromebook all appear to have the same issue, in that I just cannot access the site. It times out. Works fine on Opera Mini browsers on either device, but not chrome. All other pages seem to do fine on chrome as well. I'll be checking on my desktop when I get home this evening, but I'm curious if this is just me, or something else going on.

I've cleared data for the browsers, and the site itself, but still nothing. Also cannot access it through an incognito window.

Thanks for any info.

Edit: I suspect it has something to do with my carrier. I can get to it on my desktop just fine, and on my phone, but when I'm on my wifi. Funny enough, while at work, our ISP is through the same provider my cell service is though, so that would be a common thread there. Just don't know why it would be the combination of chrome AND carrier.

Edit 2: At some point, this issued fixed itself. I suspect it was something with the ISP/Carrier. It's not a HUGE deal, but was really weird for a while there.

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Sorry, I could have sworn I replied to this. Been a busy week.

It's odd, but yeah, it does seem like a carrier issue. Cyn Cyn might know for sure, but since no one else has any issues with Chrome - seeing as it's one of the msot used, I would think we'd have a lot more - I can only assume it's a carrier issue.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sorry, I could have sworn I replied to this. Been a busy week.

It's odd, but yeah, it does seem like a carrier issue. Cyn Cyn might know for sure, but since no one else has any issues with Chrome - seeing as it's one of the msot used, I would think we'd have a lot more - I can only assume it's a carrier issue.
I have not seen any other reported issue, Mic. You are probably right about it being a carrier issue.

Top Bottom