• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Can't get enough of Anna, huh?" - Anna Support Thread

amageish

Smash Master
Hey, so FEH Anna continues to get increasingly useful due to IV fruits! Now we just need to have a merge equivalent...

Also, uh, I guess we got another NPC salesperson rep in the form of Jorge... So... Yay? It's not Anna Emblem, but you can run Shopkeep Emblem!

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Yeah, we can change IVs now we just need merges for the Askr Trio so they can truly be caught up to every other unit in the game.

To truly complete Merchant Emblem we need Merlinus from the GBA games playable in Heroes.

amageish

Smash Master
That's really good art! Also an interesting choice of Anna outfit.

Which brings up a fun question: Which Anna(s) would people want to see in Smash?

My impulse is: Anna (FEH), Anna (FEA), Anna (GBA Games), Anna (Three Houses, original outfit) if we got 4, then add Anna (Thracia), Anna (Fates), Anna (Warriors), and Anna (either TMS#FE shopkeeper or FEH kimono as a wild card) if we got 8...

I avoided a lot of the older games because having a bunch of versions of "red dress" feel less interesting then the more elaborate designs....

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I still like my idea of Smash Anna having her own unique look instead of picking one from a specific game and either have her borrow the outfits or have palette swaps based on the outfits Anna wears in the other games. So I would go for

1. Smash Original Look
  2. Awakening Trickster
  3. Awakening Apotheosis DLC appearance
  4. Fates Outlaw
  5. Heroes Commander
  6. Warriors Trickster
  7. Three Houses Merchant
  8. Thracia's appearance or Fates Adventurer's outfit

amageish

Smash Master
I still like my idea of Smash Anna having her own unique look instead of picking one from a specific game and either have her borrow the outfits or have palette swaps based on the outfits Anna wears in the other games. So I would go for

1. Smash Original Look
  2. Awakening Trickster
  3. Awakening Apotheosis DLC appearance
  4. Fates Outlaw
  5. Heroes Commander
  6. Warriors Trickster
  7. Three Houses Merchant
  8. Thracia's appearance or Fates Adventurer's outfit
Okay, yes, a Smash-original Anna is a badass idea! I'd just hope it wouldn't end up canonizing her look too much in the same way Robin is now the default used in Smash in all material forever... Maybe put a Smash-logo cape on her or something to make it clearly Smash and not usable directly in other things?

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Okay, yes, a Smash-original Anna is a badass idea! I'd just hope it wouldn't end up canonizing her look too much in the same way Robin is now the default used in Smash in all material forever... Maybe put a Smash-logo cape on her or something to make it clearly Smash and not usable directly in other things?
I don't think that would happen since they have always changed up Anna's appearance with each new game and unlike Robin each Anna is a different person. Having a smash logo on her cape would be nice for aesthetic though.

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
It's that time again!

So which one do we rally behind? Technically the Anna we got since last time was Apotheosis Anna, not THE Awakening Anna. So I say go for Awakening! lol

It seems they've added a variety of new characters that weren't there before. Altina is now in the Radiant dawn selection. And as I just now looked at the Three Houses section, I noticed the very first person listed is Abysskeeper... wait... does that mean... scrolls down... Oh no... please... no...

Last edited:

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
It's that time again!

So which one do we rally behind? Technically the Anna we got since last time was Apotheosis Anna, not THE Awakening Anna. So I say go for Awakening! lol

It seems they've added a variety of new characters that weren't there before. Altina is now in the Radiant dawn selection. And as I just now looked at the Three Houses section, I noticed the very first person listed is Abysskeeper... wait... does that mean... scrolls down... Oh no... please... no...
People I have talked to on other online social media platforms have said they are still voting for Awakening Anna. It's probably better to stick with the same one everyone keeps rallying behind then to just switch it up all of a sudden and confuse people. It's the one I still plan to vote for too. I hope she at least still makes it in the top 20. I'm kind of surprised we have three Anna variants in Heroes but none of them is based on her original Trickster class.

I also noticed that a MyNintendo account is required to vote in CYL this time around. Seems they are trying to prevent people from voting multiple times and vote botting this year.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Still voted for Awakening Anna as well and considering how well she scored last year, even with the big Three Houses boom...who knows? This could turn out even better for her.

And honestly, Anna is still the only ''big'' character I vote for in CYL, in hopes of her winning something. My other votes go to underdogs I like, like Wolt, Etzel or Lana, to show Intelligent Systems I care.

amageish

Smash Master
I imagine Awakening Anna till has the most nostalgia and clout (and actually has supports unlike TH Anna; seriously, that was a weird decision)...

I'm very curious what the interim results are going to be like, as while there's been a lot of predictions, I think a certain Gatekeeper may throw a wrench into them and I wouldn't be surprised if we had some unexpected faces in the top 4...

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
OMG... it's actually happening... My worst fear has become reality...
mid male.jpg

If that wasn't bad enough, there is no sign of Anna in the top 20 this time... Given the 3H overload that is still there, I wonder if a ton of people started going after Three houses Anna instead thus splintering her votes even more than before?

mid female.jpg
]

Last edited:

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, not gonna lie, I do not like this. I don't want to sound like some kind of elitist, but I'm just not crazy about the idea of a meme getting a winning slot. If nothing else let at least Marth stay at Nr. 1. The guy is long overdue for it.

Not looking good for Anna after all. Disappointed, but that's just how it is it seems.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Ouch, Anna's not even in the top 20 this year. Probably doesn't help that I haven't really seen people push her much this year on social media compared to previous years. Things like split votes never helped her either.

At least my dragon girls Tiki and Sothis are still in the top 20 for females and Felix is in top 5 for males.

Now, while I don't mind seeing Gatekeeper in the top 20 but him currently sitting in the number two spot for males kind of bugs me. Makes me kind of wish the people currently voting for the Robins switch over to Chrom because a Brave Gatekeeper just sounds silly to me.

amageish

Smash Master
Wow, a CYL where the men's division is the controversial one. I never thought I'd see the day.

I am very not surprised to see Gatekeeper in second, but I don't love it. I think he'd make a funny GHB like how they made the Radiant weaponsmith one alongside the last Brave banner, but him being part of the banner... Eh...

Otherwise, seeing some TMS#FE rep in the top 20 is nice. I'm glad Marth is finally likely to win one of these too. It's cool to see Bernie's post-timeskip design is doing better then her pre-timeskip design this time around, though that's not shocking given how pre-timeskip Bernie is in twice already. Ingrid and Lindhardt being pre-timeskip now surprises me a bit though.

I'm going to push Marianne now I guess... Nothing against Byleth, but a Legendary Byleth seems ineviatable anyway and I like post-timeskip Marianne a lot.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
It honestly does irritate me that they are still doing the vote splitting between the Annas. I get that they are different people and there are legit reasons to have special attachment to a particular Anna, but on the whole it's very safe to say that anyone who likes Anna to the point of voting for her is a fan of the broad Anna identity first and a specific incernation second.

There is just too much overlap between them, to make the split reasonable, so all it does is force people to rally behind a certain Anna and hope that say, Three Houses Anna doesn't put a wrench into things.

It's a needless roadblock, unlike say, Child Tiki vs Adult Tiki, where there are much more substantial reasons to split them. Including a chance to support Adult Tiki, so IS finally stops neglecting her.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master

So, this happened.

Awakening Anna's still the top Anna, but she's 44th overall with 2,399 votes. In general, given the absurd numbers Gatekeeper pulled, I'm guessing this year had an influx of people voting strategically and for characters already doing well post-interim.

GG, Gatekeeper fans. GG.

Also Marianne. I'm happy about Marianne.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
There also seems to have been an influx of people voting for Gatekeeper for the sake of trolling those that were annoyed at his performance, judging from the comments both here and in other places, during the final days of voting.

Happy for Marianne and especially Marth and Eirika, but eh, disappointed to be honest. This was not a good CYL for Anna and I feel a lot of characters got robbed of more support. I mean, if people really want Gatekeeper then sure, let them have him, but him having more votes then Marianne and Eirika combined really doesn't feel normal.

amageish

Smash Master
Do they have the full list yet?

They do! It's definitely an abnormal year for votes, with a lot of people focusing on World War Men's Division and abandoning their usual voting choices.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Awakening Anna got 44th overall and was the 25th highest female character. She almost still got to be in the top 20 for females this year but at least she is still top 50 overall so I'm happy about that.

Marth and Eirika got bumped out of first but I guess there is no fighting it against Three Houses characters since it is still pretty popular and they at least still get brave alts. I still plan to pick Marth or Eirika as my free pick. So next year Hilda is getting voted up so that way all the popular female characters from the Golden Deer house has a brave alt right? Though really I wouldn't be surprised if next year it is all Three Houses again with maybe Chrom winning too unless a new game comes out before then (seems unlikely though).

amageish

Smash Master
Awakening Anna got 44th overall and was the 25th highest female character. She almost still got to be in the top 20 for females this year but at least she is still top 50 overall so I'm happy about that.

Marth and Eirika got bumped out of first but I guess there is no fighting it against Three Houses characters since it is still pretty popular and they at least still get brave alts. I still plan to pick Marth or Eirika as my free pick. So next year Hilda is getting voted up so that way all the popular female characters from the Golden Deer house has a brave alt right? Though really I wouldn't be surprised if next year it is all Three Houses again with maybe Chrom winning too unless a new game comes out before then (seems unlikely though).
Yeah, Anna did somewhat decently! I at least wouldn't be surprised if Trickster Anna was on the next Awakening banner...

As someone who was voting for Marianne, I am pretty shocked to see her in first (well, fourth overall, but first among women). I really just wanted to see her post-timeskip form in the game in some form (a thing that seemed unlikely given how TH has been all pre-timeskip besides Brave and Legendary forms); I didn't expect her to knock out Eirika... Depending on designs though, I may pull for Eirika or Marth after freely summoning a Marianne. Sacred Stones was my first FE and does hold a special place in my heart.

As for next year, I struggle to predict anything when IS can add a NPC who takes the #1 spot lol. I imagine it'll depend somewhat on who gets added in-between now and then, in addition to if any Heroes OCs pull a Veronica and grow a major fanbase. As for new games... If we get anything new outside of FEH, then I'd expect it to be another Echoes title - which could, depending on the game it is remaking, plausibly not guarantee anything, as plenty of lords from remakeable games have already one at this point (obviously it'd still change stuff but, like, if we got a FE6 remake, then Roy's already won so it'd be a boosting FE6 side-characters instead of basically guaranteeing another lord victory).

Alternatively, Nintendo could announce Fire Emblem: The Dancing Rhythm Game spin-off and a dance that, like, Phina does becomes a meme, so she gets first place. This is hard to predict lol.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Yeah, Anna did somewhat decently! I at least wouldn't be surprised if Trickster Anna was on the next Awakening banner...

As someone who was voting for Marianne, I am pretty shocked to see her in first (well, fourth overall, but first among women). I really just wanted to see her post-timeskip form in the game in some form (a thing that seemed unlikely given how TH has been all pre-timeskip besides Brave and Legendary forms); I didn't expect her to knock out Eirika... Depending on designs though, I may pull for Eirika or Marth after freely summoning a Marianne. Sacred Stones was my first FE and does hold a special place in my heart.

As for next year, I struggle to predict anything when IS can add a NPC who takes the #1 spot lol. I imagine it'll depend somewhat on who gets added in-between now and then, in addition to if any Heroes OCs pull a Veronica and grow a major fanbase. As for new games... If we get anything new outside of FEH, then I'd expect it to be another Echoes title - which could, depending on the game it is remaking, plausibly not guarantee anything, as plenty of lords from remakeable games have already one at this point (obviously it'd still change stuff but, like, if we got a FE6 remake, then Roy's already won so it'd be a boosting FE6 side-characters instead of basically guaranteeing another lord victory).

Alternatively, Nintendo could announce Fire Emblem: The Dancing Rhythm Game spin-off and a dance that, like, Phina does becomes a meme, so she gets first place. This is hard to predict lol.
It would be pretty funny if they put Anna on another Awakening banner but it is also possible they might put Trickster Anna on a Three Houses banner since Trickster Anna shows up in that game's DLC. Severa seems more likely to be the headline on the next Awakening banner.

Yeah, Marianne in first is surprising. Her fans really went all in for her. But I guess more people would also know Marianne who is from a more recent game compared to Eirika who is from a GBA game most people haven't played.

amageish

Smash Master
It would be pretty funny if they put Anna on another Awakening banner but it is also possible they might put Trickster Anna on a Three Houses banner since Trickster Anna shows up in that game's DLC. Severa seems more likely to be the headline on the next Awakening banner.

Yeah, Marianne in first is surprising. Her fans really went all in for her. But I guess more people would also know Marianne who is from a more recent game compared to Eirika who is from a GBA game most people haven't played.
Wow, I honestly had forgotten how long it had been since the last Awakening Banner and just assumed we had something since the mishmash last Spring... That said, TH Anna seems possible too, though I don't know if they'd do another faculty banner after having just done one. Severa still not being in the game is bizarre to me; you'd think she'd at least have had a Seasonal by now or something...

TH is big, obviously. I think it's also partly that Eirika already has her Legendary alt and her Lyon-taught-her-magic alt, which feel kind of like Brave alts in their own ways (I distinctly remember the main reaction to the Lyon-taught-her-magic alt was people jokingly calling it "Brave Eirika"), while Marianne has... nothing.

But, hey, at least this year is probably going to have some semi-creative weapon picks for everyone, as Marth canonically uses a sword, Eirika canonically uses a sword, and Marianne's associated Hero's Relic is also a sword... So they'll have to give at least one person an unconventional weapon for their use!

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Wow, I honestly had forgotten how long it had been since the last Awakening Banner and just assumed we had something since the mishmash last Spring... That said, TH Anna seems possible too, though I don't know if they'd do another faculty banner after having just done one. Severa still not being in the game is bizarre to me; you'd think she'd at least have had a Seasonal by now or something...

TH is big, obviously. I think it's also partly that Eirika already has her Legendary alt and her Lyon-taught-her-magic alt, which feel kind of like Brave alts in their own ways (I distinctly remember the main reaction to the Lyon-taught-her-magic alt was people jokingly calling it "Brave Eirika"), while Marianne has... nothing.

But, hey, at least this year is probably going to have some semi-creative weapon picks for everyone, as Marth canonically uses a sword, Eirika canonically uses a sword, and Marianne's associated Hero's Relic is also a sword... So they'll have to give at least one person an unconventional weapon for their use!
Depends how many banners they give Three Houses this year. Last year we had a banner early on in the year with Lysithea, Bernadetta and some other students and then later on Three Houses got another banner with the Church members. It's likely they will do the same thing again with a banner in early 2021 with students and then later on in the year get another focusing on non-students. Don't know if they will actually add Three Houses Anna this year though.

Yeah, seems like one of those three is going to get stuck with a sword this year. Probably Marth even though I wish to see him wear a male variant of Caeda's outfit and wield the Wing Spear while riding a pegasus or wyvern.

I think Eirika is going to get either the Latona staff or the Sacred Stones version of Excalibur since neither of those Sacred Twins are in Heroes yet and they have showed Eirika being adept at using magic. For Marianne, considering Lysithea was dressed as a Gremory for her Brave alt I'm guessing Marianne will be a Holy Knight and wield either Abraxas (despite not being able to learn it in her home game) or have a new variant of Aura. I think Blutgang will come with Marianne's regular self and not her brave alt. Not sure what they are going to do with Gatekeeper but keeping him a lance unit seems to be an easy way out for him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom