• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Can't get enough of Anna, huh?" - Anna Support Thread

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Say, does anyone think Anna would definitely NOT use her FEH look for Smash? You know, so as to differentiate her from the various other armor-wearing FE characters in Smash?

Luminario

Smash Lord
Say, does anyone think Anna would definitely NOT use her FEH look for Smash? You know, so as to differentiate her from the various other armor-wearing FE characters in Smash?
I'd say they'd use a combination of Awakening and Fates in her design, or have Awakening as default and have multiple alts for other outfits. I can't see them using the Heroes design simply cause it doesn't suit her trickster/merchant inspiration from most of her other appearances.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
I like Anna. If anyone from Fire Emblem that isn't a lord deserves to be in Smash it's Anna. She never has the threat of being irrelevant as she has appeared in every Fire Emblem game from the past and will be for every game in the future.

I got an idea that her moveset could be based of the skills mechanic in Fire Emblem as we don't have any FE characters using any skills besides Aether in Smash.

Anna's personal skill in Fates was Make a Killing where she'll gain gold from defeating an enemy and in the same game there are the skills Profiteer and Spendthrift. Skills that help you gain gold and increase your defense and offense when gold is in your inventory. I can imagine a passive effect where Anna would gain gold during the match wether it's from dealing damage or just letting time pass and the gold would increasing her attack power to knock people out faster and increase her weight to make her harder to knock out of the ring.

Maybe make Sol, Luna, and Astra specials. Sol to be used to regain health, Luna to break shields, and Astra for quick rapid attacks.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yes! She's been in 13 main series games, and has a leading role in FEH. She has more of a pedigree than plenty of potential Lords, and any version of Anna would bring a fresh and interesting weapon type to the game.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Consider me an Anna supporter. Where do I sign up? I feel Anna's chances to be in Smash is greater now than ever due to being playable and more exposed in recent games. The only thing I see going against her is that other characters like Lyn and Celica have also received more exposure in recent years. Though I would say it would be funny if the Smash devs gave Anna her own 'Smash design' if she's playable since her outfit seems to change every game.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Consider me an Anna supporter. Where do I sign up? I feel Anna's chances to be in Smash is greater now than ever due to being playable and more exposed in recent games. The only thing I see going against her is that other characters like Lyn and Celica have also received more exposure in recent years. Though I would say it would be funny if the Smash devs gave Anna her own 'Smash design' if she's playable since her outfit seems to change every game.
Oh, wow! I'd actually like to see that myself! Though I'm sure people would (once again) start accusing Sakurai of "muh Fire Emblem bias" if Anna got special treatment like that. As much as I would love to see it...

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I could see something original-ish, but still based on a recent depiction like what FE Warriors did.
But the dream outfit is still Apotheosis~

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
This video made me want to support Anna even more.

Megakoopax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Supermario196
3DS FC
2320-6609-3767
I need a little more Anna in my life, she would be a great edition though I'd imagine her being more of an assist trophy than a fighter. Though, if she was playable, I'd like her to have a reference to Jake. I love Jake.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I have to be honest, I've never played Fire Emblem before. But, I am planning on getting Fire Emblem Awakening. Also, add me to the supporters, please.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
If we get any new Fire Emblem characters, I'm holding out for Tiki or Anna. If I'm not on the support list (if there is one), I'd love to be added.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I would honestly love Anna in smash. She's one of my favorite FE characters, and I feel like she's been getting a lot of love from fans and Nintendo since Awakening on.
I believe that Chrom will be an Ike Echo and that a character from Three Houses - probably Edelgard since she's already so popular just with a trailer - will be DLC, but if there's room for another FE character it should totally be Anna!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Honestly, Anna is one of the few F.E. characters I can't see being an Echo Fighter and I also DON'T want her to be an Echo Fighter.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Honestly, Anna is one of the few F.E. characters I can't see being an Echo Fighter and I also DON'T want her to be an Echo Fighter.
Agreed. I don’t think Anna could be an echo. She doesn’t really match any of the Lord characters or Robin in terms of how she fights.

I’d love it if trickster Anna got in. Give her a bow as a primary weapon. I feel like we neee a archer in smash. Then have a sword for some attacks.

Last edited:

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
If Anna was playable in Smash she definitely wouldn't be an Echo of anybody. She would most likely have her own unique moveset sand I would prefer a new Fire Emblem character to represent more mechanics of its own franchise like Robin did especially since I always imagined Anna having a 'class change' mechanic that would be somewhat similar to Pokémon Trainer and have her swap out movesets between using a sword, lance and axe since she has used those weapons in some Fire Emblem games (swords in Awakening, axes in Heroes, NPC Annas used lances in Awakening).

With lances having further reach and attacks faster but attacks cause less knockback and racks up less percentage, axes would be the opposite with her attacks being slower and having less reach but damage percentage and knockback power being greater and swords would be the in between reach, range, and power.

Though an all bow moveset wouldn't be out of place either for Anna since she used them in Fates and Warriors if they are not planning to use the whole archer motif for Decidueye.

Also, should Anna become a playable character in smash they should totally have an event match where you fight a more powerful version of Anna to reference Apotheosis Anna.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
If she gets in I hope they let someone like Yoko Shimomura make a remix of her theme. Also I want her reveal trailer to have the most greedy characters like Wario (and I think Olimar also is greedy) trying to steal a treausre chest before Link can open it just to have Anna beat them to it.

Last edited:

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
The best thing about Anna in smash is that she can literally be anything all at the same time. Rather than wondering when FE axes, lances, and bows will be represented, introduce an Anna that uses all of them and more. Plus, I need that Anna/Wario crossover. And final smash is Warriors' Anna mob only with Annas from every game all a la Mega Man final smash.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
If Anna didn't use a sword at all, I would be very happy. We need some FE characters that use other weapons.

Her FE Heroes design would be quite awesome actually.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Ditto.

If Anna was playable in Smash she definitely wouldn't be an Echo of anybody. She would most likely have her own unique moveset sand I would prefer a new Fire Emblem character to represent more mechanics of its own franchise like Robin did especially since I always imagined Anna having a 'class change' mechanic that would be somewhat similar to Pokémon Trainer and have her swap out movesets between using a sword, lance and axe since she has used those weapons in some Fire Emblem games (swords in Awakening, axes in Heroes, NPC Annas used lances in Awakening).

With lances having further reach and attacks faster but attacks cause less knockback and racks up less percentage, axes would be the opposite with her attacks being slower and having less reach but damage percentage and knockback power being greater and swords would be the in between reach, range, and power.

Though an all bow moveset wouldn't be out of place either for Anna since she used them in Fates and Warriors if they are not planning to use the whole archer motif for Decidueye.

Also, should Anna become a playable character in smash they should totally have an event match where you fight a more powerful version of Anna to reference Apotheosis Anna.
So I made a moveset in the previous page that may interest you.

If she gets in I hope they let someone like Yoko Shimomura make a remix of her theme. Also I want her reveal trailer to have the most greedy characters like Wario (and I think Olimar also is greedy) trying to steal a treausre chest before Link can open it just to have Anna beat them to it.
Yoko Shimomura can make whatever she likes that Vega remix is sublime. Personally my trailer has her managing a store but two patrons , (Link and Robin maybe) start causing a ruckus and Anna aint havin none of that. But hopefully there's some shenanigans with Wario.

Last edited:

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
So I made a moveset in the previous page that may interest you.
Oh wow, I didn't even notice the multiple weapons idea was already mentioned. Thanks for letting me know. I liked what I saw.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Do you think Anna is going to be playable in Tree Houses? And if she is what class do you think she will be? I would love if she uses magic or lances just to make her the only character to use all weapons in the franchise.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Anna will probably return for Three Houses. She's probably going to continue being a thief.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Oh she’ll definitely return and be playable. Her popularity has skyrocketed.

And I agree with jamesster445 jamesster445 most likely as a thief. It fits her character well.

I just hope she’s not DLC and can be recruited again

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I'm positive Anna will return in Three Houses and will be playable unit again. They have pretty much made a new tradition at this point to have Anna playable starting with Awakening and the only reason she wasn't in Echoes was because canon-wise that world only has one Anna and she was in Archanea during Valentia's events.

Should Anna come back she will most likely start off in the Thief class again or whatever variant of it Three Houses has. We might see her wielding daggers this time should they decide to follow in the footsteps of Fate's Ninja class and how Heroes has all thieves using daggers. She will most likely using staves as her secondary weapon once again as well.

Also, yeah I really hope Anna is not relegated to DLC again even though I understood the joke behind it. I can't wait to see what this Anna's outfit design looks like this time.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Has it? I thought she's losing popularity compared to other characters because of Heroes.
I agree. During DLC Anna was generally viewed as the best possible newcomer from Fire Emblem. A few years later, Corrin is revealed, Echoes is released, Heroes is released and suddenly Anna is viewed as a black sheep.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Has it? I thought she's losing popularity compared to other characters because of Heroes.
It's kind of sad how that seems to be the case. It's really awful in a way how Heroes is treating her. She's a main character so she's not getting alts and upgrades like other characters, but she's also not a Heroes OC so they're not doing much with her in the story and she's not even in the animated cutscenes. She's in this strange limbo.

So despite being a main character and the literal first unit every player has, she's kind of getting the short end of the stick.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I would think Heroes would help her popularity since it's probably the first time many players are introduced to her. She has a major role in the story as well, so she's not some literal who to those who play the game.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
It's kind of sad how that seems to be the case. It's really awful in a way how Heroes is treating her. She's a main character so she's not getting alts and upgrades like other characters, but she's also not a Heroes OC so they're not doing much with her in the story and she's not even in the animated cutscenes. She's in this strange limbo.

So despite being a main character and the literal first unit every player has, she's kind of getting the short end of the stick.
I think her problem in Heroes is that she's not really like the Anna's in the other games. In most games she's a merchant, trickster, info giver etc.. But in Heroes she's a commander who doesn't do anything other than bark orders at the other characters. The Heroes version is very flat and boring compared to Anna's of other series. It took me a really long time to realize that the Heroes Anna was the Anna from the other games.

That being said I'm surprise that they haven't brought her other versions into Heroes.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
So the recent direct has me very optimistic about Anna'a chances.

Remember Sakurai stated that he made his roster selection back in 2015 during the ballot period. Because both Chrom and Lyn were deconfirmed. And Echoes had not come out yet, Anna was the most popular Fire Emblem pick around that time. So I wonder if Sakurai took note of that.

You can clearly see that the ballot was influential in K.Rool and Simon's inclusion.

Then again I could be completely off base, Sakurai may not put any proper FE newcomers besides Chrom and call it a day.

Last edited:

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Honestly I am not sure if we will get another FE rep for Ultimate since Chrom might be all we get this time (and I would be okay with that since I like Chrom and in my opinion Lucina and Robin look out of place without him being playable). I still somtimes think Corrin was meant to a new unique FE newcomer for Ultimate but they changed their mind and just stuck them as part of Smash 4's DLC.

I guess it really depends if the smash devs felt like adding a new unique FE moveset this time around but if there is still a FE character to be announced I would guess Anna or Azura. Anna because she is the series mascot in a way and I still believe she could offer a really unique moveset to the game (and she is my #1 most wanted newcomer) and Azura because she is pretty much the only other 'main/important' character from a recent FE title and is a popular character herself (Plus a singing lance wielding FE character would still be unique in its own way). I'm not guessing Alm or Celica because I believe the roster was decided before FE Echoes finished development.

But really the recent Direct already blew my mind and basically gave me everything I wanted with Chrom and Castlevania reps so I am already mostly satisfied but if they give me Anna as well I would be beyond ecstatic and would never ask anything from Smash or Sakurai ever again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom