• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Can't get enough of Anna, huh?" - Anna Support Thread

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
Actually, when you recruit her, she says she was merely posing as one to try and get back the stuff the L bros stole from her, and that her real job is in sales.
Knowing Anna, she'd way sooner try to sell you an item than steal one. lol But if swiping something seems charming, maybe it could serve as an extra effect to another move. Imagine a Side B like Ike's that can't be charged as long or go near as far, but it can trigger skills, and also swipe an item if not holding a weapon/item. To make it even more effective it could even steal item effects. When your opponents grabs a star, just Side B them to steal the invincibility and hope a good skill activates. Imagine KOing an invincible foe at 0% with a lucky Lethality. Great for laughs, all the more reason people will prefer items off. lol

fusroyay20

Smash Rookie
There is something to be said here.

The way I see it, we subtract a couple pre-existing FE characters for her. For instance, if we give her an axe or lance, we replace Roy or Lucina. Because we can't get rid of Marth, he's too big of a staple; We also can't get rid of Ike, Robin, or Corrin, because they're all unique characters (that and those characters are the ones I main, and I don't want to learn all-new characters unless Shovel Knight gets in). Don't get me wrong, I love Lucina and Roy (Lucina especially), but how many Marth clones to we actually need? If the outrage for Lucina is great enough, just make her the new Marth. Or better yet make Chrom the new Marth. But seeing as Marth is a popular character, that isn't going to happen. As much as I love all of these characters, it's really unfair to have half the cast be FE characters when franchises like Metroid and Star Fox only get two characters (technically one for Metroid, because Samus and ZSS are the same person). I mean, I would love to have Marth, Lucina, Ike, Roy, Corrin, Robin, Anna, and others in Smash, but it isn't realistic. So it's only fair to cut characters if we have to add new ones from the same franchise. And if people are upset with losing Roy or Lucina moveset/ability-wise, add new characters that aren't FE and give those abilities to them. Then we have Lucina/Roy-type characters, and that opens up not one, but TWO Fire Emblem slots. One for Anna (with an axe or lance) and one for another axe/lance user.

That's just my opinion, though. What do you guys think?
I generally think Chrom would be closer to Marth than Ike.

Okay, sorry, that had nothing to do with Anna. What am I SUPPOSED to say?!

Last edited:

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Count me in to support Anna! I would love to see her having a mechanic to make her unique and I have some ideas:

Everytime she hits someone she takes some money form them (like in coin smash) and the more money she has, she uprgrades her weapons making he stronger.

Or she has a money counter that lowers everytime she gets hit and the more money she losses the more dangerous she gets (stronger and faster).

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
Hell yeah, sign me up.
An axe user would be amazing, and I don't see anyone else really making the cut*
*Well, maybe Hector, but Anna would be better.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Actually yes, I had enough of Anna and any other Fire Emblem character, for the matter.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I made a moveset for Anna for my Virtual Dojo series. Let me know what you think.

Let’s talk about Fire Emblem. Now I KNOW most Smash fans hate this series and its overwhelming presence in Smash 4. Despite being a fan of the series, I agree. The Fire Emblem roster feels bloated in Smash where only 3/6 characters feel like worthy inclusions. And those three characters are great, but I can’t deny the rest feel mostly uninspired.

However I’ve always believed that here has always been great potential in FE’s 100+ Roster of characters. However, Smash’s developers has always opted for Main Characters, which makes sense. The only issue is that many MC of the series all come across as very similar. They’re all sword wielding “lords” with a regal fencing fighting style. And they all have generally balanced stats. And that’s just a small percentage of the series considering the games are about managing an army of different characters of various skill sets. There are still all sorts of archetypes wielding a variety of weapons that will never get their time to shine.

But there are also other characters that have a lot more “legacy” than even some of the FE lords do. Not to mention mechanics that have yet to be explored.

What if there was a way to represent all of the franchise has to offer. What if there was a way to not just add “another” Fire Emblem character, but rather “THE” Fire Emblem character.

Next time I'm going to be looking at a character that has been oddly slept on by the Smash fan base, despite the clamoring of similar characters with less to offer by comparison.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I made a moveset for Anna for my Virtual Dojo series. Let me know what you think.
Wow! This is really well-done! Personally, Anna's one of two (the other being Azura) F.E. characters I would actually root for to see in Smash. I already got Roy back, so...

KatKit

Smash Lord
Like Bowser Jr. and his sibling alternate skins, I'd think it'd be hilarious if we got Anna and all of her sisters (who are also named Anna) as alternate costumes.

Though seriously, Anna is easily my most wanted FE character.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Like Bowser Jr. and his sibling alternate skins, I'd think it'd be hilarious if we got Anna and all of her sisters (who are also named Anna) as alternate costumes.

Though seriously, Anna is easily my most wanted FE character.
At the very least, I'd want her to have different outfits instead of just colors. If I were to pick a "base" Anna, I guess it'd be Fates or FEH, but she can wear different outfits to reference other Annas
I really like her PoR/RD outfit, so I just want that somehow~

KatKit

Smash Lord
Yeah, if they use a recent design of Anna for the face/hair, and then throw in a couple of different iconic costumes, that'd be cool. I also like her Radiant Dawn/Path of Radiance look; it's pretty much a modern take of most of her older versions. Aside from that, I also think that the Fates costume and the merchant costume from Awakening would be nice. Then the FEH version would probably be the default.

A long time ago, I joked that it'd be a neat easter egg if they made Anna overpowered in coin battle mode.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
having her palletes be based off her outfits was something I tried to go for in move set above.

But If I had to pick, I think i'd prefer something akin to Apotheosis, with a pink blouse/tunic. I respect it as a throwback to her original designs back in the orginal Shadow Dragon and its DS remake.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
having her palletes be based off her outfits was something I tried to go for in move set above.

But If I had to pick, I think i'd prefer something akin to Apotheosis, with a pink blouse/tunic. I respect it as a throwback to her original designs back in the orginal Shadow Dragon and its DS remake.

The Apotheosis design is my favorite lowkey. I wish they stuck with it because it's so gooooood.
It'd also be my personal choice

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'm hoping all of her taunts and maybe even her idle animation are different 'index finger on face' poses she's made. The iconic gesture combined with that sly smile of hers will cause so much salt lol.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Yess obsessed with everything about this. My ideal Anna moveset is like a huge amalgamation of repping the games she was in. I'm so glad that moveset above has the rescue staff/ Pegasus knight, because I had p much the same thing when making a moveset a while back. It's also kind of homage to her being a Pegasus Knight in the tutorial for one of Ike's games. I get the appeal of a more trickster type character, but to do justice to the entirety of her character, I think they have to base it off her being a merchant. That means having that pack and all like during Apothoseosis. The clothing underneath can be different, meshing 2 designs, resulting in an overall "new" design. Basically finding the standard Anna look. I might post a moveset eventually, but it's probably be a mess lmao

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Thank you, and by all means feel free to discuss any all moveset ideas.

That said, Where's Fire Emblem Switch? I honestly expected that to be shown Thursday before Smash ever would.

andimidna

Smash Master
Fire Emblem Switch is getting shown at E3 no doubt. Why they waited though? No clue
This is probably going to take a lot more work than all of their previous games. I can’t wait to see those beautiful models where every battle sequence looks like a cutscene oml

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
If they make Anna DLC again I'm gonna be mad and then buy it anyway because I'm a degenerate.

andimidna

Smash Master
It sucks that FE characters garnered a bad rep last time around. Even someone as unique and interesting as Corrin, just because 2 clones exist. I swear, nobody would’ve complained if Lucina and Roy weren’t there. People don’t understand how little clones take away from other development.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
It sucks that FE characters garnered a bad rep last time around. Even someone as unique and interesting as Corrin, just because 2 clones exist. I swear, nobody would’ve complained if Lucina and Roy weren’t there. People don’t understand how little clones take away from other development.
I wouldn't say that, I know some people who would rather have Roy/Lucina over Corrin. I believe the problem is that all 6 of them are sword fighters.

Still even as a fan of the series I always did think that Roy was enough and that Corrin/Azura or Anna might end up pushing buttons. Then again back in Brawl, people said similar things about Kirby and Star Fox. I'm curious to see what we'll complain about this time.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't know what her moveset would be.
And I don't want her in until Lucina and Roy are cut.

But Anna is the only FE character I don't seem to despise (except for Ike, but thats just because Ike is goddess).

andimidna

Smash Master
Liiike despise as a choice for Smash I’m assuming lmao
And I see some of what you mean. I totally forgot about that with Kirby and Starfox. It was actually a meme in early Smash 4 speculation that there’d by X amount of Kirby and Kid Icarus characters because bias
Lol

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
If we had reason to believe we were getting a new FE rep and it was not going to be someone from FE Switch, I actually do think Anna is the most likely. Barring Echoes, she's been playable in all the recent FE games, even the spin-offs, has the most appearances across the franchise, and with her Heroes design could have a unique non-sword moveset while representing Nintendo's jump into the mobile market. Heroes is their most profitable mobile game so far and while Anna isn't exactly the face of it, she's very prominent, including being the first available unit.

Personally, I would probably die if she actually made it in. I'll even take assist trophy.

The only other possibilities I can see for FE reps not from FE Switch are:
Lyn: Hugely popular, first FE lord in the west, already been in Smash since Brawl as an assist trophy. Unfortunately, is another sword fighter.
Celica: One of the leads of the most recent non spin-off FE game, and is also in Warriors. I put her instead of Alm for the same reason Robin got in over Chrom.

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm a little unsure about Lyn. Personally, I always wanted a Marth alt for her. But yea, I can't wait to see FE Switch. I think we'll have a much better gauge after that. It's hard to know whether the focus will be more so geared towards promotion or the Smash Ballot results. Especially since Inkling easily has/d both bases covered.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Just let Lyn play like Vergil in MVsC3

She already has the super fast combo sword fighter style down

12cheeper

Smash Apprentice
Anna is one of 2 FE characters I definitely want to make it into a future smash game(though I want Tiki more) so she definitely has my support.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I supported Anna for the Wii U DLC, mostly because I liked the oportunity for there to not only be a female FE rep who isn't just also a skin of a guy (Lucina is pushing it), but so that we'd finally have some different roles coming to Smash from the FE games (Well, we did get Robin I guess).

And now with Heroes I don't think I care anymore. She's no longer the greedy money-centric thief/merchant, she's another Lord with one of the base 3 weapons (though she's at least not a sword user). Not to mention that I'd hate the idea of legitimising gacha games as legit offerings to Smash, or legitimising them in general (though that ones more personal opinion).

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I'd rather have an axe lord than another sword lord. And much like how every game has their own version of Anna as a sister, it wouldn't be too far fetched for their to be a "Smash" Anna.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'm more surprised that Anna hasn't made it in yet since she's the most reoccurring character (in the way that "Link" is) in the series. At least, since then, her having a major role in Heroes helps her chances even further. Not being a sword user is absolutely a plus, something Fire Emblem desperately needs. Sakurai could even come up with some wacky gimmick to incorperate her merchant/money-oriented role and personality that could really set her apart from the rest of the cast. Needless to say, I'm sold on her inclusion.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I supported Anna for the Wii U DLC, mostly because I liked the oportunity for there to not only be a female FE rep who isn't just also a skin of a guy (Lucina is pushing it), but so that we'd finally have some different roles coming to Smash from the FE games (Well, we did get Robin I guess).

And now with Heroes I don't think I care anymore. She's no longer the greedy money-centric thief/merchant, she's another Lord with one of the base 3 weapons (though she's at least not a sword user). Not to mention that I'd hate the idea of legitimising gacha games as legit offerings to Smash, or legitimising them in general (though that ones more personal opinion).
Nah, she's still pretty greedy. It just doesn't come up in story chapters.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Her greed is what makes her character so much fun. I love the little get-rich-quick schemes she had in the holiday episodes in Heroes.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
That's fair, doesn't change the other issues I have with it, nor can you deny that it's been diluted by the rest of her role in heroes.
My love of Anna is greater than my on-and-off cycle of hatred with gacha/FEH :laugh:

I don't really mind that she acts more serious. It'd be weird if she was still a bad person and a commanding officer haha
I just like seeing her get spotlight at all since she's my favorite character~

Top Bottom