• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Can't get enough of Anna, huh?" - Anna Support Thread

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I can't believe this doesn't already exist. I've been let down :drflip:

ANNA

b8413b88695a3059ca6d26e39a7d1e8f.png

- Who is this chick? -
- Why are you forcing more anime down my throat? -

Anna is the best character from anything ever (if you happen to ask shrooby, and you shouldn't!) Otherwise, Anna is a character who has appeared in every Fire Emblem game to date bar two: Fire Emblem Gaiden and its remake.

She never plays a major role, and before Fire Emblem Awakening, she wasn't even playable! What a shame. Good thing they got around to that after 20 years. Before Awakening, she just served various NPC roles: running the Secret Shops, prompting you when you save, hosting tutorials in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, and other generic, NPC roles sprinkled about. She has a different appearance in every game, but her consistent name, red hair, ponytail, and pose make it so players can still recognize her every time, if they're paying attention!

When it came around to making Fire Emblem Awakening, I guess the team finally decided they wanted to put this character in as many places as they could. There was a good chance it was going to be the last game in the franchise, after all. Not only was Anna finally part of the colorful assortment of recruits, but she also ran traveling shops, prompted you to take breaks (as every 3DS game has to do, I guess), and hosted a handful of the many DLC chapters in Awakening. She even hosts the final, hardest DLC chapter, where she serves as the last enemy you fight. Stat-wise, she's the strongest enemy that has ever appeared in any Fire Emblem ever. I dunno why either.

So you might be wondering, then, so this one character does all that? Well, yes and no. Because Awakening also introduced the greatest (dumbest, but greatest) lore of all time. How is Anna in every game, on every continent, across literally thousands of years? There are, and have been, hundreds, thousands of identical sisters, all named Anna, spanning literally across multiverses. And they're all merchants.

Yeah, Fire Emblem's gotten pretty silly. And pretty weeb, but that's a story for another day.

None of these roles are large, but with so many, it was only natural she got a trophy in Smash for 3DS.

Anna is a bright, cheerful young merchant, but her true nature is clouded in mystery. She's very fixated on money and is a girl of many talents, but it wasn't until Fire Emblem Awakening that she became a playable character. There's still a lot we don't know about her—she likes to keep everybody guessing.

Anna was also given quite the amusing personality on top of her silly lore. Silly, snarky and, most of all, greedy. In many scenes she's in, she is extorting somebody, and it always comes back to bite her. In one instance, she only "stops" (doesn't really stop) once the divine dragon she was extorting threatens to kill her.

Most of this carries over to Fire Emblem Fates, where the silly, greedy Anna returns to hosting DLC chapters and being a recruitable unit... Through DLC. They just wanted my money THAT BADLY.

Now, I said Anna never served any major roles. Well, that was before Intelligent Systems decided they want to steal your money with a Gacha game.

AKA: "It's fine, I didn't need this money anyway. UGH. Three-star Sully again."

Anna is one of the three main story characters in the mobile game Fire Emblem Heroes. She's the commander of your army, the Order of Heroes. This Anna evidently put aside her greedy ways and merchant ties in order to rise through the ranks of this interdimensional kingdom. Though I'd say she makes up for that by just playing a major role in a free-to-play game in the first place! Microtransactions aside, Anna is one of the main characters in this game, and the first character you meet. While it may just be a spin-off, it's quite the step up from any of her roles in the past.

So now I can actually say that Anna is best lord. Don't @ me

- That's all well and good, but why should she in Smash? -

Well the thing is that if you don't care about Fire Emblem, then I can't really say anything to convince you. Something something, too many Fire Emblem characters (Can't get enough of sword, huh? Swords are great though, by the way.)

There are a lot of them yes, but the problem is that none of them are Anna, obviously.

Anna is unique in the Fire Emblem universe because she's the only consistent character across almost every game. That's a pretty big deal, even if her getting carried over from one game to the next probably just started out as an inside joke among the developers. From being an insignificant NPC, to being the face of DLC, to being one of the main faces in Nintendo's limited line of mobile games. It was a slow, 25 year-long jump, but what a jump it was. I think she very much "deserves" it, more than any one-off Lord who will appear in Fire Emblems to come. She doesn't just represent the games she happens appear in. She represents Fire Emblem as a whole.

- What could she do? -

Let me list you all of the ways Anna has been shown to fight. Not even counting re-classing:

On a Pegasus (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn) She doesn't technically fight, but she is portrayed as a Pegasus Knight.
With swords and staves (Awakening)
With lances (Awakening)
With bows (Fates)
With axes (Heroes)

As far as Fire Emblem characters go, she has a lot at her disposal. Which she should considering all the games she's been in. So, if she's meant to represent Fire Emblem as a whole, then it makes sense for her to use all kinds of weapons. But, because it's her biggest appearance, I think she should focus on using the Nóatún, her personal axe from Heroes. Would be great to include another third of the weapon triangle, too.

I know some people will say she should somehow fight with money, but Anna would never risk losing her precious money in a brawl, so that's not true-to-character~

So we have a theme. What would her style be? Out of all the Fire Emblem characters, I picture her being the most like Roy: a fast, rush-down character with disjoints. Being speedy is something Anna has had in all of her playable appearances, and she'd want to cut things to the chase anyway. We ain't got time for zoning and other such nonsense. A true master of the art of haggling, Anna knows how to get you to make poor decisions fast. She would have the offensive tools to stay relatively close to opponents, but stay safe through tricky use of those tools and good movement.

I mentioned Roy, but the character that reminds me of my idea of Anna the most is actually Cloud. Cloud's movement is the kind of movement I picture Anna having. Cloud is able to keep opponents guessing and smoothly link his attacks together with his solid movement capabilities. Anna wants to get all she can out of every hit. Two for one deal, or something. Cloud's disjointed attacks also have the kind of "oomph" I picture Anna's attacks having on hit. An ax should feel pretty good to hit with, after all.

Anna's pretty good when she's able to get the reactions she wants out of you. But much like other characters of her archetype, once she gets caught herself she's in for a pretty bad time. She'd be a pretty fast faller, so she'd be getting the two for one deal from everyone else too (or three, or four, or however many hits Bayo is capable of out of many things). She'd also be relatively light, so she wouldn't be able to take those combos many times before being close to KO percents.

Another way of saying this is Anna is playing high risk, high reward. Which is kinda the game axe-users play in Fire Emblem in general. Axes have the highest average attack for weapons, but have the lowest accuracy. Like I said, when she extorts people it usually comes back to bite her. As another example, her aerials may be good for pressuring her opponents, linking hits together, and otherwise extending her own advantage, but they wouldn't help her much in getting herself out of bad spots.

I should've done this a long time ago, but only now do I finally feel INSPIRED.

My vision of Anna is that she takes after her appearance from Fire Emblem Heroes, that is to say, she predominantly uses her axe, Nóatún, for attacking. That said, on top of capturing her sassy, quirky personality, I think any good Anna moveset should strive to capture what she is: a character that can represent the Fire Emblem series as a whole. So, of course, Anna uses all kinds of weapons. Think of axe combat as a binding agent.

Anna, true to all her playable appearances, is fast, but frail. She's both fast on the ground and in the air. She is a very combo-focused character, and is also quite the trickster. And like axe fighters generally are in Fire Emblem, she hits pretty hard. But, true to her appearances, she usually gets royally screwed when things don't go her greedy way. Anna's disadvantage is quite poor. She's a fast-faller and a lightweight, her aerials aren't good at breaking out of strings, and her recovery isn't great.

Attributes
Since we only have comprehensive data for Smash 4 and not Ultimate, I'll be using Smash 4's character attribute data as a baseline and for comparisons. Since Ultimate seems overall faster, these attributes would probably all be slightly higher if I were going off of data from it. (I'm obviously not going to go over every single attribute a character has, just the ones that make it clear the kind of fighter she is.)

Weight: 48
The same weight as Sheik, making her the 11th lightest character.

Walk speed: 0.9
The same as Bayonetta. When Anna walks, she rests her axe on her shoulder and does a runway walk because she's sassy. (Hence why it's the same as Bayo haha~ )

Run speed: 2
This would make her tied with Charizard for the ninth fastest run speed in Smash 4. When Anna runs, she hunches over like how Thieves, Assassins and Tricksters run in Awakening.

Air speed: 1.1
The same as Cloud, Sheik and a few others. This would make her the 14th fastest character in the air.

Fall speed: 1.75
The same as Diddy and Sheik. This would make Anna have the tenth highest fall speed.

Short hop height: 30
Between Ike and Peach. This would give Anna the 11th lowest short hop in the game.

Full hop height: 30
Again between Ike and Peach. 11th lowest full hop in the game.

Midair jump height: 30
Between Ryu and Peach. 11th lowest midair jump in the game.

Specials

Neutral Special - Double Bow

The Double Bow is a special bow that lets the user hit foes from both 1 and 2 spaces away. Anna knew a normal bow wouldn't cut it, so she came prepared with the best one money could buy. Like Link's bow, it can be charged, but this only effects damage and knockback, not distance! However, it can be angled! Anna can fire the arrow straight ahead of her, at a 45 degree angle in front of her, or straight up, and then it will fall back down in an arc. I've included a picture to more clearly get across how this works:
(I didn't think too much about distance and height and such. This is just to make the idea a little clearer.)
Imagine Anna standing where Lemmy is. Each arc represents the three paths the arrow can follow.

Side Special - Enfeeble

Enfeeble is a staff from Fates that inflicts -4 to all stats on an enemy. Anna takes out a staff and raises it to conjure a weird particular effect about one-and-a-half Battlefield platforms away. (The universal unit of measure in Smash, you see.) The hitbox is about the size of Bowser Jr.. She's clearly going back to her Trickster ways because this move doesn't do any damage or knockback. What it does is inflict a debuff. If the enemy is caught in the hitbox, their movement speed is reduced a bit, their attacks do less damage and knockback, and Anna's attacks do more damage and knockback. The effects last for 10 seconds, and a particle effect will stick around on the opponent to signify that they are debuffed. Anna will keep her staff raised and the hitbox active for about a second and a half. If the move connects, Anna will immediately cease this animation and can do anything. However, she cannot end this animation early herself, so, if the attack misses, then Anna is probably taking a big punish. Notably, this attack does go through shields! It doesn't stack, though, so if Anna hits someone with it, then hits them again before the ten seconds are up, then they won't get a further debuff and the timer will not be extended.

Up Special - Warp Staff

Anna quickly holds a staff up with both her hands and teleports with a Warp Staff. (Yes, of course the classic warping animation is replicated.) So it's like Mewtwo and Palutena's up-specials, but it doesn't start up as fast and doesn't go as far. Another difference is that hers doesn't put her into the helpless animation, so she can act out of it, but she experiences extra lag upon landing like how Bayonetta does if she uses a special and then lands normally.

Down Special - Vantage

Anna raises her axe skyward for half a second. If she's hit while doing so, the enemy triggers the skill, Vantage. When Vantage triggers, the skill-activation sound effect from the 3DS games plays (fshing!), and the Vantage symbol flashes next to Anna. The enemy then freezes in place, and Anna is given a quarter of a second to do one attack. It's most like Witch Time, except the amount of time the enemy is stunned doesn't scale. Also, after Anna hits them once, even if a quarter of a second hasn't passed, they are no longer stunned, unlike Witch Time. (To put into perspective how little time this actually is, Mario's fsmash hits on frame 15 which is exactly a quarter of a second.) Like other counters, it's very punishable if it doesn't connect.
Yes, it's a counter. BUT BEFORE YOU WALK AWAY, I thought it would be cool to implement a skill into Anna's moveset considering how big a part of FE they are. And Vantage, one of the more iconic skills, is one of Anna's default skills in FE Heroes, so I think I should be forgiven.

Grounded Normals

Jab1 - A quick slash with a Silver Dagger with her non-axe hand. The animation is like the thief/assassin attacking animation from Awakening.
Jab2 - Another slash in the opposite direction
Rapid jab - Repeated stabs with the dagger into a finishing stab
Jab3 - Anna gives a quick twirl into a slash with her axe for the third hit

Foward tilt - Anna steps and stabs forward with a Silver Lance. It has quite a bit a range and decently quick, so it's a good poking tool as one would expect, but only the head of the lance has a hitbox.

Down tilt - Anna does a low swing with her axe. It's a vertical combo starter like Corrin's down tilt.

Up Tilt - Anna thrusts a Silver Lance straight up. It goes very far up, but only the head of the lance has a hitbox, so it does not hit to the sides of Anna. Low startup and decent knockback, but enough endlag that Anna will generally get punished if it misses.

Dash Attack - Anna ends her dash with an axe swing similar to Roy's dash attack. Like Roy's, it's a little slow, but pretty strong.

Forward Smash - Anna does the strongest axe strike she can muster, somewhat reenacting the classic Fighter animation from the GBA games. Her slam is so strong that she lifts herself off the ground, so it has a lot of endlag, but only as much startup as Cloud's forward smash.

Up Smash - Anna pulls out a tome, gives a page a quick glance, then holds the tome straight up. After a little less than half-a-second of start up, it unleashes the powerful fire spell, Bolganone. Anna holds the tome up high enough that there are no hitboxes beside her, but the hitbox of the explosion above her is large and strong.

Down Smash - Anna continues to show off her prowess with all weapons by using the dark tome, Waste, a tome in Awakening that allows the user to attack twice in succession. Anna quickly pulls out the tome and casts the dark spell in front her and then behind her in quick succession. The first hit links into the second hit, like Cloud and Mii Gunner's down smashes. It's her weakest smash attack, but also her fastest. It's her only smash attack that hits before frame 15, thus it is the only smash attack she can connect after landing Vantage.

Aerials

Neutral air - Anna does a circular swing with her axe starting from the back of her head to her feet. Most of the hitbox above Anna sends people to the side and slightly up, while the hitbox at her feet sends people almost straight up. It's decently fast and has low knockback as it is meant to be a combo starter, and it doesn't have as much range as her other axe-based attacks.

Forward air - Anna does a quick slash with a dagger starting slightly above her and arcing in front of her. It doesn't have much range or knockback, but it's fast and great for continuing strings.

Back air - Anna does a backwards slash with her axe going upward from her legs to her head. (Picture Marth's back air.) It's decently quick in both startup and cooldown, has decent kill power, and sends opponents away and slightly up. The hitbox is only at the head of the axe

Up air - Anna raises her axe behind her head and swings above her with both hands. It is pretty strong, and has as much startup as Ike's up air. The hitbox is only at the head of the axe

Down air - Anna does a downward strike with both hands like Ike does with his sword. It's a a strong spike with not much startup and a bit of cooldown. The head of the axe goes decently far below Anna, but the spike-hitbox is only at the head of the axe. The handle has a hitbox that does barely anything.

Throws

Grab - Anna holds onto opponents overhand like Peach does, and has a smug expression on her face while doing so.

Pummel - Anna knees opponents to pummel them. When she pummels, a little cha-ching sound effect plays.

Forward throw - Anna quickly swings her axe almost like a golf club to hit the opponent away. Anna's throws generally don't lead to any guaranteed follow up hits, and they don't kill until incredibly high percents, and thus are just for damage and positioning.

Back throw - Anna does Peach's back throw because it's hilarious.

Up throw - Anna pulls out a Brave Lance and hits the opponent twice to send them straight up.

Down throw - Anna throws the opponent into the ground, sending them up and behind her.

Final Smash - Triangle Attack

Anna lunges forward a set distance, and anyone she touches is transported to an area surrounded by three Pegasus being ridden by Anna and two of her sisters, and they unleash the classic Triangle Attack. Before Anna lands her finishing blow, an Awakening-critical hit animation plays and Anna says one of a few lines:

"This one's on the house!"
"Slashing more than prices!"
"Cha-ching!"

Various Animations

Entrance Animation - Anna kicks open Rift Door and jumps through it while saying "open for business!"

Standing: Anna puts her finger on her chin and sways her hips back and forth like in Awakening
Idle 1: Anna puts her axe over her shoulder and gives a bored expression
Idle 2: Anna pulls out a smart phone and taps it. There's a random chance of her looking excited, sad, or angry before putting the phone away.

Taunt 1: Anna looks towards the camera while doing her pose and giggles.
Taunt 2: Anna smirks, puts her axe into the ground, puts her hand on her hip, and snarkily says "maybe you should take a break."
Taunt 3: Anna pulls out a weapon (from behind her back because she's a wizard) to inspect it, and she grins and her eyes widen. The weapon is randomly selected from the following:
Tyrfing​
Mystletainn​
Sieglinde​
Alondite​
Raijinto​

KO quote: Like how Robin and Corrin will sometimes say a line when they're KO'd, Anna will sometimes yell "Careful with the merchandise!"

Victory 1: Anna leans back onto a huge sack of money like in her official Awakening artwork and says "Come again!"

Victory 2: The camera zooms in on Anna's head while she does her pose and she says "Another happy customer."

Victory 3: Anna is seen walking away with two treasure chests held between her arms, turns her head, and awkwardly stares towards camera.

Lose: Anna claps but looks annoyed while doing so.

Color Swaps and Alternate Costumes

Anna's base costume, her Heroes outfit, would have a few recolors of it's own: one where she has dark blue hair to match Alfonse, and one where she has blonde hair to match Sharena. The rest of her costumes would be her outfits from her other appearances!
- Her Shadow Dragon outfit, and a recolor of it that makes it match the Thracia outfit.​
- Her Path or Radiance outfit (which is more less the same outfit as in the GBA games), with a recolor of it that makes the outfit light-blue and makes Anna's hair dark green. (I couldn't resist, sorry.)​
- Her Awakening outfit, and a recolor of it that changes her hair color to dark blue like in the Hot Springs DLC chapter.​
- Her Fates outfit, which also has a recolor of it that changes her hair color to dark blue, again like a DLC chapter (that was never localized but WHATEVER.)​

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Obligatory @Burruni and Champ Gold Champ Gold tag.

Sign me up since Anna is the true RNG goddess in Fire Emblem. It still amazes me that she never appeared in Smash yet.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Too many great FE characters but she's way up there on my list.
Supporting again.

They can really go in any direction for her moveset.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sign me up.

After FE Heroes, she has replaced Hector as my Axe user of choice. Keep rocking that Nóatún! :p

Luminario

Smash Lord
The classic Fire Emblem cryptid. She could certainly be an overall FE rep and a jokester type fighter. With Heroes' axe, Awakening's staves and Fates' bows she could really bring a lot to the table. She could even use lances from her time as a Merchant or money attacks. She could even just combine everything together and become like a jack of all trades character.
Which outfit would be her main though? I'd say Awakenings Trickster outfit since it feels the most iconic connected to Anna but I'd also like to see her having tons of alts to reference her being all over the place in the world of Fire Emblem.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
yaaas plz

there's no excuse anymore, she's essentially a lord now

hype

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Obligatory @Burruni and Champ Gold Champ Gold tag.

Sign me up since Anna is the true RNG goddess in Fire Emblem. It still amazes me that she never appeared in Smash yet.
Now if we can get her and Tom Nook in Smash we can finally have the true battle of greed along with the King of Greed::4wario:

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I definitely support. She's my most wanted Fire Emblem character now. Something about her is just super charming, and she has a bunch of different weapons she can use to make her unique.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Anna is the only FE character that truly needs to be in Smash. She is the series Cid. Multiple weapons and fighting styles. Combined with the fact that Intelligent Systems themselves have been going in with her being the RNG Goddess. She wouldn't just be a FE character, she can be THE FE character.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Actual OP added :040:

The classic Fire Emblem cryptid. She could certainly be an overall FE rep and a jokester type fighter. With Heroes' axe, Awakening's staves and Fates' bows she could really bring a lot to the table. She could even use lances from her time as a Merchant or money attacks. She could even just combine everything together and become like a jack of all trades character.
Which outfit would be her main though? I'd say Awakenings Trickster outfit since it feels the most iconic connected to Anna but I'd also like to see her having tons of alts to reference her being all over the place in the world of Fire Emblem.
Probably Heroes outfit. Though I like her design in PoR and Fates the most.
I would want her to have a lot of different outfits though too~

Sign me up.

After FE Heroes, she has replaced Hector as my Axe user of choice. Keep rocking that Nóatún! :p
And yet Hector is miles better than Anna in Heroes :drflip:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Oh great another Fire Emblem character...

No seriously, that was meant unironically I love FE. Where do I sign?

She IS an actual reoccuring character in the series with steadily increasing prominence and popularity with each consecutive release. Sure it's not really the same Anna, but we don't get the same Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf every game either now do we?

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Anna? Did someone say ANNA?
ANNAAAAA!
imgres.jpg
*cough* Sorry about that. Got a bit carried away.
In all seriousness, Anna's pretty awesome, and she was my best sword-user in Awakening, so sign me up. In my opinion, you can never have too much FE! (Except when half the cast is FE characters, but y'know... psshhh, who cares?)
I think giving her an axe or lance would be cool, since ALL the fire emblem characters we have use swords. Give the weapon triangle some love Sakurai :D

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Well I believe she has been in more fire emblems than any other character and is a pretty iconic character for the franchise and would be the next logical choice, I would not mind since I love fire emblem but I can only imagine the outrage some people would have over another fire emblem character.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Well I believe she has been in more fire emblems than any other character and is a pretty iconic character for the franchise and would be the next logical choice, I would not mind since I love fire emblem but I can only imagine the outrage some people would have over another fire emblem character.
There is something to be said here.

The way I see it, we subtract a couple pre-existing FE characters for her. For instance, if we give her an axe or lance, we replace Roy or Lucina. Because we can't get rid of Marth, he's too big of a staple; We also can't get rid of Ike, Robin, or Corrin, because they're all unique characters (that and those characters are the ones I main, and I don't want to learn all-new characters unless Shovel Knight gets in). Don't get me wrong, I love Lucina and Roy (Lucina especially), but how many Marth clones to we actually need? If the outrage for Lucina is great enough, just make her the new Marth. Or better yet make Chrom the new Marth. But seeing as Marth is a popular character, that isn't going to happen. As much as I love all of these characters, it's really unfair to have half the cast be FE characters when franchises like Metroid and Star Fox only get two characters (technically one for Metroid, because Samus and ZSS are the same person). I mean, I would love to have Marth, Lucina, Ike, Roy, Corrin, Robin, Anna, and others in Smash, but it isn't realistic. So it's only fair to cut characters if we have to add new ones from the same franchise. And if people are upset with losing Roy or Lucina moveset/ability-wise, add new characters that aren't FE and give those abilities to them. Then we have Lucina/Roy-type characters, and that opens up not one, but TWO Fire Emblem slots. One for Anna (with an axe or lance) and one for another axe/lance user.

That's just my opinion, though. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
There is something to be said here.

That's just my opinion, though. What do you guys think?
Or we can just add another FE rep and if time allows it, keep the others intact. Cutting characters does not free up slots, as there aren't a preordained number of slots. There are no slots to begin with. The amount of characters we get is dependent on who Sakurai decides to add, give or take a few depending on how development is going.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anna moveset
Jab: Slashes quickly with a Kunai
Ftilt: Thrusts a spear quickly
Utilt: Raises a staff which deals a bit of damage
Dtilt: Slashes at feet with Kunai
Dash Attack: Anna flicks a knife similairly to the Rogue animation from FE8
Nair: Flips around with multiple slahes
Uair: Kicks with her heel, weak, but comboes well
Fair: Shoots some short range arrows like Archer Kirby
Bair: Shulk's Bair but with a lance and shorter range
Dair: Slashes with 2 swords downwards, hilt is a meteor smash
Usmash: Stabs with a lance
Fsmash: Uses her Critical animation from Awakening to slash foes, slow, but deadly
Dsmash: Casts 2 Elfires on the ground next to her feet
Pummel: Slaps foe
Fthrow: Kicks foe away and throws Shuriken
Uthrow: Uppercuts a foe with an active Fire Tome in her hand
Bthrow: Smacks foe away with a bow before shooting an arrow
Dthrow: Trips foe with foot before pushing them
B: Slashes with the Levin Sword, similair to Explosive Flame as it has fixed range, the sword also has a hitbox but is much weaker
Side B: Rushes forward at high speed, when B is pressed again, Anna robs that get hit, deals minor damage but also steals items at the cost of a shortened recovery, auto-catches items that get thrown during the attack
Up B: Summons a giant money bag and jumps off of it for extra height, she also flips when doing this, dealing multiple hits when going up
Down B: Aether, slow chargable move, Anna will thrust a sword at a pretty short range, but the move is strong and will heal Anna based on how hard she hit the foe
Final Smash: Anna opens her cloak and chucks all her weapons at her foes, after she's thrown everything, she slashes the foes who got hit with a dagger, stealing money in the animation before launching them
Taunt1: Juggles some gold while whistling the main FE theme
Taunt2: "Violence is on sale today!"
Taunt3: Opens her cloak revealing a buttload of weapons "You want it, I got it!"

Luminario

Smash Lord
Anna moveset
Jab: Slashes quickly with a Kunai
Ftilt: Thrusts a spear quickly
Utilt: Raises a staff which deals a bit of damage
Dtilt: Slashes at feet with Kunai
Dash Attack: Anna flicks a knife similairly to the Rogue animation from FE8
Nair: Flips around with multiple slahes
Uair: Kicks with her heel, weak, but comboes well
Fair: Shoots some short range arrows like Archer Kirby
Bair: Shulk's Bair but with a lance and shorter range
Dair: Slashes with 2 swords downwards, hilt is a meteor smash
Usmash: Stabs with a lance
Fsmash: Uses her Critical animation from Awakening to slash foes, slow, but deadly
Dsmash: Casts 2 Elfires on the ground next to her feet
Pummel: Slaps foe
Fthrow: Kicks foe away and throws Shuriken
Uthrow: Uppercuts a foe with an active Fire Tome in her hand
Bthrow: Smacks foe away with a bow before shooting an arrow
Dthrow: Trips foe with foot before pushing them
B: Slashes with the Levin Sword, similair to Explosive Flame as it has fixed range, the sword also has a hitbox but is much weaker
Side B: Rushes forward at high speed, when B is pressed again, Anna robs that get hit, deals minor damage but also steals items at the cost of a shortened recovery, auto-catches items that get thrown during the attack
Up B: Summons a giant money bag and jumps off of it for extra height, she also flips when doing this, dealing multiple hits when going up
Down B: Aether, slow chargable move, Anna will thrust a sword at a pretty short range, but the move is strong and will heal Anna based on how hard she hit the foe
Final Smash: Anna opens her cloak and chucks all her weapons at her foes, after she's thrown everything, she slashes the foes who got hit with a dagger, stealing money in the animation before launching them
Taunt1: Juggles some gold while whistling the main FE theme
Taunt2: "Violence is on sale today!"
Taunt3: Opens her cloak revealing a buttload of weapons "You want it, I got it!"
Now this I really like. Anna would be the perfect Dissidia's Firion master-of-arms type character and you really captured it so well. The potential for this character is so vast and she's the perfect and only choice for showing off the vast weapons of FE.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Now this I really like. Anna would be the perfect Dissidia's Firion master-of-arms type character and you really captured it so well. The potential for this character is so vast and she's the perfect and only choice for showing off the vast weapons of FE.
Honestly, she's the ONLY FE character that I see in Smash using any and all weapons in one moveset, and for good reason obviously.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anna is basically the Impa of Fire Emblem. Except with a more consistant design / role. I'd have no objections to have her, but to be really honest, I'd prefer Commander Anna above all other roles. Not just because of axe, but because it's her actual first leading role, somewhat.

Regular attacks, Smashes and Aerials done with axe, Specials done with Magic / Staves? I could support that. And honestly, I'd love a Anna vs Impa matchup as they are both similar in many ways. Weapon and magic masters, similar enough roles in their franchise, it'd be fun.

However, am constantly doubting any ""secondary"" character from a Nintendo game can even make it at this point. Except for the extremely popular ones who are just as popular (if not more) than the main hero as Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, Luigi / Peach, Zelda, Toon Link... But then again those where included far earlier in Smash's lifespan.

I think characters much reach about popularity of Rosalina to be considered for a new entry. :rosalina: Impa and Anna are getting there, but not quite. Am more confident actually about the likes of Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong....

Luminario

Smash Lord
All this talk of Emblem Warriors in the other threads has me wondering about Anna's chances.
She's clearly going to pop up in the game in some form, probably in the shop, but what about her also being a fighter? She's somewhat likely to be playable but what weapon would she use?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
All this talk of Emblem Warriors in the other threads has me wondering about Anna's chances.
She's clearly going to pop up in the game in some form, probably in the shop, but what about her also being a fighter? She's somewhat likely to be playable but what weapon would she use?
Considering the main focus titles are SD, Awakening and Fates she'll probably either have Swords and Staves (Awakening) or use a Bow (Fates).

-Nesta-

Smash Cadet
NNID
oNESTAo
Considering the main focus titles are SD, Awakening and Fates she'll probably either have Swords and Staves (Awakening) or use a Bow (Fates).

But she doesn't wear her attire from either of those games. It looks like she's wearing something new that looks similar to what the two main characters are wearing.
I assume it's gonna be a new Anna again, who's part of their universe, kinda like the Anna in Heroes.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
But she doesn't wear her attire from either of those games. It looks like she's wearing something new that looks similar to what the two main characters are wearing.
I assume it's gonna be a new Anna again, who's part of their universe, kinda like the Anna in Heroes.
Those were guesses from before we knew she was in game.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Ah, Anna. Looking as gorgeous as always. Hopefully this means she's playable. As per the current practice of FE games recently, I wouldn't be surprised if she was added as DLC.

Also, is she wearing a beret? She looks pretty cute in that.

Last edited:

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
There doesn't seem to be a moveset, so I figure I'll crack one out.

Stats/Normals
Anna is of middling weight and above average speed. She fights with her Axe, which has a long reach and lots of kill power, but her attacks come out slow. Smash attacks in particular kill rather early, but come out at a sluggish pace, as f she was a heavy.

Specials.

B: Jake. Anna calls her Ballistician/Lover, Jake, to help her. A target appears on screen that slowly moves forward. When you release the button, Jake fires his Ballista from offscreen at the location. Functions like Greninja's Shadow Sneak; Anna can move while the button is held down.

Side B: Steal. Anna rushes forward and grabs an enemy if she makes contact with them, ealing damage and knocking them back. If they were holding an item and she wasn't, she grabs the item from their hand, stealing it.

Up B: Warp. Anna uses her warp staff to teleport herself in any direction.

Down B: Craft. Anna starts working on crafting sword for however long you hold down the B button. When you end the move, she completes the sword. This is sort of like Peache's down B, only you can charge it up, and instead of a thrown item, she pulls a bludgeon, which can be thrown or swung around. Functions like a beam sword or home run bat. Eventually, after landing enough hits with it, it'll break. Strength and other properties of the sword depends on how long you charge it up. Comes in 5 tiers.

Bronze Sword: Weakest, but can be thrown farther than most swords. Takes a long time to break.

Iron Sword: Like the bronze sword, but stronger and can't be thrown as far. Takes less time to break than the bronze sword.

Steel Sword: Stronger than the iron sword, but can't be thrown very far. It's attacks are slower than any other sword, but its smash attack has armor. Takes less time to break than the steel sword.

Silver Sword: As strong as the steel sword when wielded but weaker when thrown. Can be thrown as far as the iron sword. When wielded, it increases your running speed, but it's easier to launch you. takes less time to break than the steel sword.

Brave Sword: Attack strength is between iron and steel sword when wielded, but its attacks are very fast and have few recovery frames. When thrown, it flies super fast and incredibly far, with more kill power than any other sword has when thrown. Think something along the lines of pacman's key. Breaks quicker than any other sword.

3 swords can be in play at a time. If 3 swords are in play, she can't make new ones until one of the old ones breaks or is thrown off stage.

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
With a series like FE that changes protagonists every game or two, I've figured it may be better to have someone to represent the series and its elements overall over just single characters/games from such a long series. The fact that FE is full of all sorts of weapons and things besides swords makes me feel disappointed that every single character from it so far is a sword user. But with two of them being Marth copies I guess it figures that only two have somewhat done this. Robin was a good concept with how he represents tomes and weapon durability. Before Corrin was revealed, I felt the only two things left the series could use was a character to represent the transforming characters and one to cover other weapons/tools/aspects of the series. I felt like Tiki and Anna would be the best candidates for such with them being the most reoccurring characters in the series. The instant I saw Ryoma reaching his hand out at the start of that one reveal, I went, "No! There goes any hope for Tiki...", but later came to accept it and figured Corrin could serve as the transforming character (changing for certain moves is likely the only simple way for it to work in Smash). Now I feel like Anna is the last is the last "necessary" character, and she should not use a sword at all. Or, if she does have access to swords, then lances and axes as well.
I kind of like the idea of her being able to forge weapons. But I'd probably prefer if it instead worked something like: Hit Down B to pull out the base of a sword, press left/right to switch the the base of a lance/axe and start mashing/holding B to get to work. Each could have a bronze/steel/brave variant (that alone would be nine different weapons) that don't merely serve as items for her but also alter her A moves until they are broke/discarded. Then she'd have the whole weapon triangle covered. I feel like that's the one way I would accept her using swords. lol When having no crafted weapon she could use concealed weapons (Shuriken/kunai) instead. Perhaps her neutral B could be a Shining Bow which is a magical weapon and so could have some effects to greatly differentiate it from what Link/Pit do. With that, she'd have just about the whole double weapon triangle covered (except tomes which Robin already has covered).
I think a warp staff for recovery is a great idea, but staffs are known for not just transporting the user but other as well. Instead of it just being a Palutena/Zelda style warp, it would be more interesting for it to work differently. Here's one idea: press and hold the button (the concept of Ryu got me thinking of how tap/hold could potentially be applied to many other things) and a small orb of light engulfs Anna which you then control like pk thunder for a set distance before it releases her (or let go of button to release her sooner). Just tap the button while on the ground to release and control the orb of light (press the button again to cancel sooner) which will engulf the first opponent it touches and carry them the remainder of its set distance as you control it. Of course it would need to inflict a little damage and count as a hit when used on another lest it be the cheapest recovery prevention of all time. lol
The only other thing I think she could potentially represent would be skills/stats. Perhaps for a Side B she could perform a certain attack which has a chance of triggering a skill. It could be like a quick strike that has a 35% chance of not doing anything special, a 35% chance of triggering Luna (which has the skill symbol appear above her head during the strike to denote which skill triggers) which does double knock back and damage, a 16% chance of triggering Sol which heals half the damage inflicted, a 10% chance of triggering Aether which does double knock back and damage and heals half of it, and a 4% chance of triggering Lethality which is just like Mr Game & Watch's lucky 9 Side B. She could also have some sort of luck stat that could go up/down depending on certain things and the higher the luck stat gets, the greater the chance of her performing better skills.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I don't think she needs to have any crafting gimmick. Simply being a character able to use the various FE weapons (either by switching between them or having certain attacks use certain weapons) and be able to use her Thief background to steal held items from her opponents makes her unique enough to warrant being added. Bringing in the chance based skills however would probably do well too, as long as they don't focus on it too much so we don't have to rely on them in battle.

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
her Thief background
"Locksmith, thank you very much!" - Anna.
I don't recall Anna ever being a thief, only a sales person. Stealing items is something one would expect from somebody like Sothe. And it would probably feel too situational having a move dedicated to stealing items considering how many people prefer to play with items turned off. lol

Luminario

Smash Lord
"Locksmith, thank you very much!" - Anna.
I don't recall Anna ever being a thief, only a sales person. Stealing items is something one would expect from somebody like Sothe. And it would probably feel too situational having a move dedicated to stealing items considering how many people prefer to play with items turned off. lol
Sure, "Locksmith" :awesome:
The base class of Trickster in Awakening is Thief, and her class in Fates is Outlaw, so that allows for a little bit of thievery mixed into her moveset.
We can't just think about purely For Glory 1 on 1, we have to look out how a character fits into the game as a whole. Even in 1 on 1s though there are quite a few characters who can summon held items (Peach, the Links, Diddy, ROB) and it's not like that would be its only function, it could easily be a command grab side B where she lunges at the opponent and that deals damage too.

Top Bottom