• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't find players - help!

Jackguti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jackguti
So lately on 1v1 I would search for games and find no one and be put into a lobby by myself. Every now and then someone will join my session but on occasion, I will wait ~10 to find one person. I would try leaving the lobby and trying to find another game but the same issue occurs. Does anyone know how to fix this or what may be wrong?

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Well, sugar, chances are y'all may have been reported by one of y'all's opponents. See if y'all can try to get into tournament mode. If it constantly gives y'all that "Unable to join" message, yeah...you're most likely banned. For how long, none of us know. Otherwise y'all would see a countdown before you can play online again.

Y'all can always find opponents on these forums, try Smash Discords, or Anther's Ladder. With For Glory, it's basically a mixed bag: some players like to be an ass, others are actually playing with skill and honor.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Sorry I'm responding to this so late, but...

If you cannot find many opponents in 1V1 then chances are you are banned. Try checking the other modes as well. If you can't find anyone else in those modes, try Tournament Mode. If you are unable to join there then you are 100% for sure banned.

If that is the case, do not attempt to play Online and wait your ban out. I say this because reported players can still report you which will inadvertently cause your ban to be prolonged. As for how you got banned? To be honest there could be a number of reasons. Your playstyle, your character choice, you were too good, or maybe they just got salty and wanted to do it to you.

Either way, it's unfortunate if you did happen to get banned. Not much can be done once it happens though.

Jackguti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jackguti
Sorry I'm responding to this so late, but...

If you cannot find many opponents in 1V1 then chances are you are banned. Try checking the other modes as well. If you can't find anyone else in those modes, try Tournament Mode. If you are unable to join there then you are 100% for sure banned.

If that is the case, do not attempt to play Online and wait your ban out. I say this because reported players can still report you which will inadvertently cause your ban to be prolonged. As for how you got banned? To be honest there could be a number of reasons. Your playstyle, your character choice, you were too good, or maybe they just got salty and wanted to do it to you.

Either way, it's unfortunate if you did happen to get banned. Not much can be done once it happens though.
Aww darn, what happens happens. I probably deserved it tbh lol. Oh well I'll just wait it out and come back and show all those for gloryers not to mess with me >:) lol

Top Bottom