• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't figure out platform missile trick...

AdmiralSnackbar

Smash Rookie
I watched that video. I don't get how he seems to be ledge dropping so smoothly/quickly before the next missle > shor hop.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You really just have to learn the timing for when to drop back through the platform. Practice it slowly, then try to get it faster, rather than trying to do it fast early on. That will just see you trying to do things before you can do them.

Orion Prime

Smash Cadet
Its just a feel thing you have to get used to that is a bit different depending on the platform height. Also, and this sounds obvious, but make sure you are smashing straight down with no diagonal. That can send you into crouch/crawl which effs things up. I used the slower game speeds in training mode to help get the motions down when I was learning it.

Esam's guide is fantastic, it was the main reason I was able to learn how to platform MC. But just FYI, he adds some unnecessary motion to his MC'ing on battlefield and PS2 - you do not have to dash back and B-reverse onto the platforms to make it reach, you can stay in place and SH as long as you input the homing missile immediately after the SH.

Top Bottom