• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't connect to others on Netplay

Dotcrawl

Smash Rookie
I have v5.9, faster melee, and everything like that. But, whenever I try using the traversal server to connect to others on netplay, it says "Failed to Connect". This also happens to people who try to connect to me. Any ideas as to why this problem has happened to me? Or ways to fix it?

Last edited:

Pauer

The Pauerful
I used to have the same issue with my old router. I was only able to connect using direct connection, but that worked quite well.
I got a new router about 2 months ago and since then I've been playing using the traversal server just fine. I'm not sure whether you have the same issue, but it might be worth a shot to ask your internet provider about a new modem/router if you can get them to change it for free.

Edit: note that I got a different router model. I got to know a few people on netplay with the same router model that had the same issue. So my router wasn't faulty, I think there's some security setting on there that didn't let me connect to the traversal server and I didn't find a way to change that setting.

Last edited:

Dotcrawl

Smash Rookie
Thank you SO much, I've asked a lot more people and nobody knew the solution.

FalkorTheLombardron

Smash Rookie
I have v5.9, faster melee, and everything like that. But, whenever I try using the traversal server to connect to others on netplay, it says "Failed to Connect". This also happens to people who try to connect to me. Any ideas as to why this problem has happened to me? Or ways to fix it?
same **** happens to me it randomly started about a month ago. i've also came across people on netplay who've been having the same issue.....beats me :/

Top Bottom