• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Connect To Friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMotion

Smash Rookie
For some reason whenever I want to join an arena lobby with one of my friends it always comes with this error code: 2618-0513. I can join any other arena and other online players can even join mine. It's just us two together cannot. I'm assuming there's something up with his router but I wouldn't know what.

If anyone has dealt with this issue before please let me know!

jset818

Smash Cadet
I create a battle with 3 stocks 7min, and made sure it's visible to everybody. I'd wait for 30min and not a single person would join. I can join other people's battle arenas just fine. My friends can join my private arena. Anybody else having this problem?

Last edited:

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
I am also having the same issue. Does someone want to test this out with me? I am online now.

Azuraith

Smash Apprentice
Same. Not sure if it's coincidence or some sort of connection conflict. I have had someone join immediately but that was only once. Every other time, no one joined for like 10 minutes. Ended up just trying to join a lobby with more than just 2 people.

Smartz

Smash Cadet
Yeah this has happened to me too. The whole online system for Ultimate is just not that great. I for once in my life miss for glory. The new queuing in the background feature is just awful. I was also wondering if anyone has had the problem of background queuing and it not matching you to any rules that you had previously qued with? (Like 1v1 7:00m 2 Stock and I get doubles time 5 minutes.)

DreOrDie

Smash Rookie
I create a battle with 3 stocks 7min, and made sure it's visible to everybody. I'd wait for 30min and not a single person would join. I can join other people's battle arenas just fine. My friends can join my private arena. Anybody else having this problem?
I lowered the amount of ppl that can join the lobby to 3-4 and for some reason people started to join. Idk if it’s coincidence or it helped

SuperNova7

Smash Cadet
NNID
2710-3292-9722
In order to truly get a good experience out of the battle arenas, we need to share the arena ID with other people. I know this is a hassle, but by sharing the arena ID, it's easy to join. What's more, random players can still join in. Problem is, Nintendo doesn't allow you to communicate with friends like, say, Sony or Microsoft do through messaging. Perhaps we can just message each other on this site? Again, it's a hassle, but once we all get the hang of it, battle arenas will be the place to be.

Smartz

Smash Cadet
In order to truly get a good experience out of the battle arenas, we need to share the arena ID with other people. I know this is a hassle, but by sharing the arena ID, it's easy to join. What's more, random players can still join in. Problem is, Nintendo doesn't allow you to communicate with friends like, say, Sony or Microsoft do through messaging. Perhaps we can just message each other on this site? Again, it's a hassle, but once we all get the hang of it, battle arenas will be the place to be.
Yeah there are probably some discord’s for friendly matches. I have no clue of any but there are discord servers for just about anything.

Robin Lucina

Smash Apprentice
I can't find any public Arena room for 1 on 1.
Do you guys also get same things?
Some online error?

Robin Lucina

Smash Apprentice
I can't see any room at Arena.
Normally I see 50 rooms if I search room for 1 on 1 at "Any".
But now from 5 to 0. Suddenly all rooms are disappeared.
What happened? Is this happening only to me?
Is this some kind of online error?

1FC0

Smash Lord
Restart the Switch and try again, if not restart your internet. If that doesn't work try reinstalling the game and if not working now it has to be Nintendo's fault
..And in that case Nintendo needs to restart their router, and if that does not solve the problem restart their servers. If that does not work then it must be your fault after all.

YeetManEx

Smash Rookie
I'm having the same problem with one of my friends, have you found a solution to this problem?

Leith1812

Smash Rookie
People are going to say I'm crazy, expecting too much or impatient but here's what has been happening to me since v1.20. I'm located in Canada's butt crack.

I've been having some issues since the update. When I first open the game, open battleground arenas, I can sometimes see tons of team battles or whatever I'm searching for. Sometimes I'll be able to join and sometimes not. If not, I'll reopen battle arenas and there will be 0 rooms. I have to open and close the program again to possibly see them. I usually see zero. Before the patch I did not have this problem.

Quick match is the same but I'm not getting any matches at all or they're all 1v1 after an incredibly long time searching. Usually they all time out searching for an opponent regardless of the rules. Before the patch I got lots of games, now I get none.

Battleground searching times out 100% of the time.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this some sort of penalty system? Is there a way to change settings to get things working? I've changed y region settings. Rebooted all my net equipment. If seen a few posts about this but everyone says it's normal. It definitely isn't.

I just want my online working again.

Thanks!

YeetManEx

Smash Rookie
I am also having the same issue. Does someone want to test this out with me? I am online now.
I managed to find a temporary fix to the problem (it worked for me at least). I connected my switch to my hot spot and was able to join my friend, but it still isn't optimal, I see no reasons for it to work like this. For some reason the hot spot works but not the internet connection I usually use (which has a far better connection than my hot spot.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom