• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canopus (or Magnus Gallant...or anyone from Ogre Battle)

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
Ogre Battle is a classic game series, and though it has had a limited run---only four games that I know of---it's still dear in the memories of all the people who played and enjoyed those games. The only problem with trying to bring Ogre Battle into Smash Bros is that it's hard to say who's really the star of the series. In "March of the Black Queen" there was no official name for the commander of the army. Tactics Ogre starred a character named Denam Powell, and in that game we saw the return of Canopus (who was actually a sort of secret character from MotBQ), though his weapon had changed from a club to a spear. Then There was "Person of Lordly Caliber" on N64 and the star then was Magnus Gallant, but that game also saw the return of some people from MotBQ. And finally "Tactics Ogre Advance" on GBA came out and I don't remember much of that game as I only played it a little.

But I always though the star of Ogre Battle was Canopus, the spear-wielding hawk man of Tactics Ogre. And as Smash Bros. only has a few winged people and no spear wielders, I think he could fill a hole in the Smash Universe. I know it is a long shot. My brother worded it as he's "too niche". But I still think it would be a positive surprise to have Ogre Battle represented in Smash. Whether it's Canopus, or Denam, or Magnus. But Canopus is what my heart desires.

What do you think. Is Ogre Battle due for a nod in the biggest gaming cross-over of all time?

Last edited:
Top Bottom