• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cannot get project M to work on Wii hackless (solved)

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
So... here is what I did, and as I understand it, it should've worked. I'm beginning to think that Project M is not real and the joke is on me. Please tell me this isn't so. Here are the facts:

1)Formatted and SDHC 16gig card to Restore device defaults and FAT32, naming the SD "PM"
2)Downloaded "nohombrew"
3)Extracted "nohomebrew" (no external software was used in the extraction)
4)Files from nohomebrew were put onto root of SDHC
5)Used Wiibrand (See projectmirror.no-ip.org ) to create exploit
6)Put exploit file onto SD card: merged files
6.5)Put Brawl in Wii
7)Put SD in Wii (SD card lock was off)
8)No project M letter!!!!!!!

Please. Someone help me. (I don't have a 2 gig card)

Qwerty2084

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
QTY#396
Now that I remember, the first download didn’t work for me, try the other mirror downloads and hopefully it will work.

BTW, did you follow step 8 correctly?

“Make sure your Wii's date and time are correct, then go to the Wii Message Board. You should see an envelope with a bomb in it on today's date (may be a couple days back).”

Last edited:

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
Now that I remember, the first download didn’t work for me, try the other mirror downloads and hopefully it will work.

BTW, did you follow step 8 correctly?

“Make sure your Wii's date and time are correct, then go to the Wii Message Board. You should see an envelope with a bomb in it on today's date (may be a couple days back).”
I'm pretty sure I did 8 correctly... Thanks for the advice.

Narpas_sword

So... here is what I did, and as I understand it, it should've worked. I'm beginning to think that Project M is not real and the joke is on me. Please tell me this isn't so. Here are the facts:

1)naming the SD "PM"
Dont do this.

just leave it unnamed.

Failing that, hackles with letterbomb is probably the worst way to go about things.
I'm guessing you're going about it that way because your SD card is over 2gb.

Better to install homebrew and usb load, or get a smaller SD, or install homebrew channel properly and use the homebrew files.

Last edited:

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
SD card is still named "PM". It didn't affect it. I don't know what i was doing wrong, but I play PM all I want now. I think it was the wiibrand. Whatever. I just went with letterbomb. If there is a way to delete this thread I should probably do it.

SilverRose_Zero

Smash Cadet
If your doing the hackless version, you have to run brawl, and delete the custom stages. Once you do that, shut the game off and go back to custom stages, with the sd card already in the system. The screen will freak out and the PM menu will come up. ✊✌

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that only works with an sd card of two gigs or lower. It's known as the stage builder exploit. I just prefer letterbomb exploit because I don't have a 2 gig sd card, and I don't want to homebrew the wii I use, since it is not technically mine.

Fang_

Smash Rookie
NNID
thunderbolt73
3DS FC
4442-2087-4835
Is there a reason for wanting to use the hackless version? The hacked version was super simple to install for me, took like 3hrs total. I don't even own brawl.

Here is the tutorial that I used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYKtly9a9bk

Edit: sry just reread, you already stated why. my bad.

Last edited:

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
I watched the video, and, damn! That looked complicated! I think the purpose of the video was if you don't have brawl? Well, I do have brawl, and playing PM is way easier than that for me.

Fang_

Smash Rookie
NNID
thunderbolt73
3DS FC
4442-2087-4835
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i'm too cheap to buy a crappy game lol. I am used to modding various games back from the early days of minecraft (when it didn't suck) so i guess i'm just used to that sort of thing. Anywho, i dont think i am much help. Good luck!

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
I do play PM, just not with the method in the video given by fang. I just didn't know what he meant by good luck. Seriously, is there a way to delete this thread?

Narpas_sword

no need to delete it, help threads are good to have for when other with the same issues are searching. If the issue is recolved, outlining the solution can help people in the future.

Top Bottom