• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoL Cannot attempt to clear WoL. May be a gamebreaking bug.

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
Nobody seems to be able to offer a solution to this stupid problem I'm having in WoL. I can't move onto the final battle and clear it because the scene that's supposed to trigger after I free the Hands did not happen.

This has to be a bug, I've done everything others told me I should've done to make this happen. Meaning free the Hands and clear a lot of the third map. I've only left two spirits (Guile and Giga Mac, who don't seem to be possible to defeat no matter what combinations of spirits I try).

How do I report it to Nintendo? Or if it is somehow not a bug, what did I miss? And if anyone else has experienced this issue, Nintendo needs to know asap so they can give us a patch to fix the problem.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
For Giga Mac, have you tried luring him to the side of the map and just cheap-throwing him directly into the blast zone?

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
For Giga Mac, have you tried luring him to the side of the map and just cheap-throwing him directly into the blast zone?
Yes. But that's not the problem here. I'm not trying to beat those spirits, I'm trying to move onto the final battle.

Kairyu24

Smash Cadet
You can´t directly approach the hands at all? That is how it usually proceeds.

I don't know if the spirits are required, they might very well be. I recall both being tough, but I managed to scrape by using legend level spirits, and having Celebi's great autoheal to keep dodging for a while to recover HP. Works well on Mac, Guile was very annoying, but I heard you can reflect his sonic boom projectiles. Assist killer might work as well. Ike is strong enough for things like that. There are some strong fire emblem legend spirits to power him up.

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
You can´t directly approach the hands at all? That is how it usually proceeds.

I don't know if the spirits are required, they might very well be. I recall both being tough, but I managed to scrape by using legend level spirits, and having Celebi's great autoheal to keep dodging for a while to recover HP. Works well on Mac, Guile was very annoying, but I heard you can reflect his sonic boom projectiles. Assist killer might work as well. Ike is strong enough for things like that. There are some strong fire emblem legend spirits to power him up.
Nope, I can't approach them. And I've tried Ike with a bunch of spirit combinations, I still get beat...

Kairyu24

Smash Cadet
Can you be more specific about your spirits? And you can try easy mode if you’re this amount of stuck.

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
Can you be more specific about your spirits? And you can try easy mode if you’re this amount of stuck.
How can I possibly be more specific than having already said Giga Mac and Guile are the only two spirits I have remaining on the third map?

Kairyu24

Smash Cadet
How can I possibly be more specific than having already said Giga Mac and Guile are the only two spirits I have remaining on the third map?
I means your own spirit setups. Since I was already trying to help on that before.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
I believe the Hands will only do their thing when both the light & dark sides are completely equal, & since the remaining two spirits you have are both Light, then the scales are tilted in the light side favour, & thus are not completely 100% balanced.

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I figured all that out. I cleared WoL at last and even got the true ending! Thanks for everyone's help.

Top Bottom