• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cancelling more lag by using "A" button instead of c-stick

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I was playing with a friend yesterday. He claims to know a lot about frame data. In general, he's right about a lot of things, and he's explained a lot of the quirky things about the game that have to do with frames and inputs. But yesterday he told me that if you do an aerial with the A button and hold down on the control stick before l-cancelling it, more frames of the aerial will be cancelled, resulting in faster cancelling. I have never heard of this in my 7 years of playing Melee, and I don't know what to make of it. The reason this discussion came up in the first place is because I was commenting on how fast his Ganon was. He says that he's so fast because of this special cancel he's talking about. He also says that a lot of Foxes use it as well to get off better shield pressure.

Can anyone verify this? I want to believe him because whenever he tells me stuff about frames, it's with the intent of teaching. So I don't think that he would just lie about it. If need be, I can have him demonstrate this special cancel with a video and see if I can verify it with frame comparisons.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I'm 100% sure this doesn't work, but I will test it anyways.

yup, tested, doesn't do anything different. Maybe he just meant that fast falling is good?

Bones0

Smash Legend
But yesterday he told me that if you do an aerial with the A button and hold down on the control stick before l-cancelling it, more frames of the aerial will be cancelled, resulting in faster cancelling.
Direct your frame data master to Melee's intro tutorial.

Massive

Smash Champion
If you do the aerial earlier with the A button than the c-stick then of course you'll have less lag after cancelling.

But hey, holding down and a seriously does help you catch Pokemon.

Top Bottom