• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South (**Cancelled**)EE: Remix Monthly! Ft. Melee and Smash 4!

(**Cancelled**)EE: Remix Monthly! Ft. Melee and Smash 4!
Posted by P.I.E.
Cancelled.
Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 11:00 AM
Until: Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 08:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
ANNOUNCEMENT: The EE Monthly that WAS going to happen Saturday is POSTPONED to a later date. This is due to event conflicts, lack of proper advertisement methods, and a forecast hinting at low attendance.

Enjoy your Holidays,
- P.I.E. (Aaron Donlow)

What makes a scene strong is not the actual tournament itself, but the things that occur around it as a result of the tournament.

For the smash scene, a tournament isn't just a competition,

it's a PARTY!

Come join us for the start of the hypest smash monthlies that kissimmee is long overdue for!!
With the largest payout that EE has done to date, we're promising at least a
top 5 payout, and possibly even Top 8 if the numbers in one event exceeds 40 Entrants.

Events and tournament formats will vary by month, but this time around we're hosting

Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles - $5 entry
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Singles - $5 entry
Venue Fee - $4

SETUPS
For the sake of venue livelihood and great player experience, the first 4 Melee setups and the first 4 Smash 4 setups to text "Bringing Full Setup,(Insert Name Here) to 407 301 2205 will get a 50% discount on their door fee!

Schedule
Ideally, we want smash 4 entrants to arrive at around 2:00 pm (No later than 3:30)and Melee entrants to arrive at around 11:00 am
11:00 AM - Doors open and registration begins
11:45 AM - Registration for Melee Singles ends (Melee seeding & bracket arrangement takes place).
12:00 PM - Melee singles Begins and Smash 4 registration pauses until 2:30 PM
2:30 PM - Smash 4 singles Registration Resumes.
3:00 PM - We slowly start converting some setups to smash 4 setups
3:30 PM - Smash 4 registration ends ( Sm4sh seeding & Bracket arrangement takes place
3:45 PM - Smash 4 Singles begins.
8:30 PM - Unless the tournament is still running, the store closes and we :4ganondorf: F-TILT

RULES

Double Elimination: You lose two sets, you're out

Matches will be played in a Best of 3 set, with the exception of Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals sets being played in Best of 5 format.

The Gentleman's Rule- If both players agree upon the match being played with a slightly different set of rules than what is normally allowed by the TO (i.e. illegal stages or items on) it will be allowed.

Gentleman's Rule will be observed with the exception of extended timers(Longer than the timer given per game) and change of set amounts.

Melee

We will be using the Paragon Ruleset for Melee, which can also be found here at http://paragon.vsgaming.org/rules

• Items off, 8 Minutes, 4 Stocks
  • No excessive stalling (Rising Pound, Luigi ladder, etc.)
  • Wobbling is legal, stalling past 300% is illegal
  • Double Blind and Neutral Start is offered at request
  • You cannot counter pick to any stage you have already won on
  • If a match times out, the winner is determined by remaining stocks, then lowest percentage on the same stock
  • Pausing Results in a stock loss, at the discretion of the opponent
  • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character

Starters/Neutral Stages
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land

Counterpick Stages:
  • Pokemon Stadium

The first stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order
Following stages decided by winner banning 1 stage and then loser choosing
3/5 Sets will have no bans

Smash 4

We will also be respecting the Paragon 2015 ruleset which can be found at http://paragon.vsgaming.org/rules

• 2 stock, 6 Minutes, Items set to off
  • Custom Fighters is set to OFF
  • Mii Fighters are legal. Each setup will have 1-1-1-1 Mii Brawlers/Swordsmen/Gunners available for use (Using Default A-F standard size Miis provided on console). No other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed. Players are not allowed to transfer existing Miis to a setup.
  • Amiibos are not allowed
  • Best of 3 sets, top 8 will be best of 5
  • If a match ends with a player using Bowsercide or Ganon's Flame Choke the win will go to the initiator of the move.
  • You cannot counter pick to any stage you have already won on in the set in question
  • No excessive stalling
  • Gentleman's Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it
  • Allowed controllers: Gamecube Controller, Wii U Pro Controller, Wiimote, 3DS (Wii U Gamepad is not allowed)

Starters/Neutral Stages
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Dreamland 64
  • Town & City

Counterpick Stages
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Duck Hunt
  • Omega Stages (if Final Destination is banned, Omega stages are as well)
First stage is decided by banning from the stage list in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
Following stages decided by the winner banning 1 stage and then loser choosing

Conclusion

We want to create an amazing experience for the players and the gaming community as a whole, so if you have any suggestions or feedback, or even want to offer some help, here's some contact info down below.

Eccentric Emporium
712 N John Young Pkwy.
Kissimmee, FL 34741
(Located in the Bermuda Center Plaza)

Questions? Comments?
727 ON-RETRO (727-667-3876)

Need something from the TO's (Tournament Organizers)? Text me at (407) - 301 - 2205

New to the local smash scene? Join the party on Facebook!

Central Florida Melee

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cflmelee/

Kissimmee Smash

https://www.facebook.com/groups/297784970410812/

Central Florida Smash 4
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cflsmash4/

Winter Garden Smash
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WinterGardenSmash/

D

Deleted member

This sounds awesome! I'm definitely gonna attend this coming November, it'll be good to get my Melee game on.

Will this be streamed?

Cynos_Gohegdae

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cynos_Gohegdae
3DS FC
5241-1991-1791
Has anyone committed to bringing their full setups yet? Just asking because it's possible that I can bring mine.

D

Deleted member

Is there an estimated amount of participants so far? Just wondering, lol

Renegade!

Smash Rookie
Will you hold more tournaments in the future? I'm interested in coming but I can't make it on November 28th.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm so nervous yet excited, lol. This is my first monthly, so I'm curious to see how I'll do.

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
ANNOUNCEMENT: The EE Monthly that WAS going to happen Saturday is POSTPONED to a later date. This is due to event conflicts, lack of proper advertisement methods, and a forecast hinting at low attendance.
We will still host monthlies and maybe even something bigger further down the line. If you're interested, we also have smash 4 weeklies on Mondays.

Enjoy your Holidays,
- P.I.E. (Aaron Donlow)

AaronTooNerdy

Grand Master Meta Wizard
We will still host monthlies and maybe even something bigger further down the line. If you're interested, we also have smash 4 weeklies on Mondays.

Enjoy your Holidays,
- P.I.E. (Aaron Donlow)
You forgot Melee on Wednesdays.

Top Bottom