• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you wirelessly connect a PS3 controller without Bluetooth?

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
Hello there.

I have a PS3 controller that came with our PSTV, and I want to use it with my computer so I can play Steam games on the TV and sit on the couch. The problem being, my laptop doesn't have Bluetooth (for some reason) and the longest cord that works is ~3 in.
I'm not spending any more money 'til I can buy an NES Classic, and USB dongles, while cheap, ain't free. So, as you saw in the title (hopefully),

Last edited:

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
Hello there.

I have a PS3 controller that came with our PSTV, and I want to use it with my computer so I can play Steam games on the TV and sit on the couch. The problem being, my laptop doesn't have Bluetooth (for some reason) and the longest cord that works is ~3 in.
I'm not using any more money 'til I can buy an NES Classic, and USB dongles, while cheap, ain't free. So, as you saw in the title (hopefully),

Honestly, just get USB cables. It will save you a lot of input lag and wasted time. Some emulators do have Wii controller support but that's as far as I've seen it go.

Top Bottom