• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you review my match?

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
against peach you're lucky that you weren't CC down smashed for more nairs than you were. you can try using dair and up air instead of just nair. they put the other person in different positions which may be better for you in certain scenarios. i don't know why you decided to quick attack down and up twice when you were in the same position that you were when peach managed to punish you for doing that before. forward smash isn't that great of a move. sometimes it has utility but you'll rarely land the final hit because it will either be SDi'd by the opponent or you'll be aiming to time the final hit, which is really hard and not applicable often. you went for a lot of up smashes that were a bit too ambitious in my opinion (mainly in the yoshi match, but peach too). it looked like you were hoping that the other person would jump into it, which happened, but this strategy won't work once you're playing against more experienced people who won't automatically make errors in neutral consistently enough. the other person also wasn't being tricky with how he was approaching, which is something you could've handled a lot better. when you shield, wavedash back is a decent option since it gives you space and the lag from the wavedash can't be reacted to by the opponent. i thought i'd tell you this since i saw you grab OoS against peach, resulting in her punishing you. nair OoS is also 1 frame faster than grab if you do it perfectly.

i liked what you stringed together with the nair > down tilt > nair even if it didn't quite work out. that bair you landed after escaping peach's dair (idk if you smash DI'd it, but that doesn't matter).if you want guaranteed damage off a throw, up throw up air is true against the whole cast at varying ranges. if you're going to down throw, you can pummel and buffer the throw with the c stick. this only works with down throw, jsyk. i'm fairly sure down throw never leads into anything guaranteed, though this may not be the case with peach and yoshi since their double jumps dip down before rising. that said, there's nothing stopping you from doing something like down throw > shield/dash dance away to bait an aerial and then regrabbing or doing whatever you want.

edit: it's nice that you tried to use agility tech but it's pointless 99% of the time. dash will take you wherever you want to be on the ground much faster.

Last edited:

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
You like using tilts a little too much, especially when the opponent has shown a penchant for crouch cancelling said tilts. Against crouch cancellers, you can sometimes do cross up nairs and bairs. The height of the enemy character factors in to how viable this is, but I think Pichu can utilitze both against Peach with the proper setup. Nair is your bread and butter tool, and it is safe to crouch cancel if you hit with it when the opponent cannot ASDI down or if you cross up with it. Work on executing nairs in such a way that they are not as vulnerable to crouch cancel.

Peach is a toughie because she has big safe hitboxes, and Pichu has limited answers to her crouch cancels. Uair and grab are the only options that DIRECTLY beat crouch cancel. Uair does negligible damage and attempting to combo with it can be hard because Peach can nair out regularly.

You really just have to outplay and outspace the Peach to win the matchup. In other words, you just have to be better than them. Stages with low ceilings are also ideal for earlier up-smash KOs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom