• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you gift the Piranha Plant DLC?

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Hey, everyone. I have a sibling with their own Switch and copy of Smash that they play whenever their friends come over to our house. However, even though they had the game from launch, they never opened a Nintendo Account so they never claimed the Piranha Plant DLC by registering their copy of Smash.

Since their birthday is coming up, I thought about spending a few bucks on some kind of physical card containing a code for PP, but the only cards I find are for the Fighter's Pass. Is there a way to purchase the code, somehow? Nintendo still hasn't brought back the feature of gifting games from the Wii days, so I'm confused on how to go about doing this.

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
It's not possible, IIRC. If I were you, I would buy two Eshop gift cards. One that's $10-20 (depending on how much you want to spend), and one that's $5. Hand them the physical $20 card and let them download whatever games they want. Ask to use their Switch and secretly use the $5 card to preinstall the Plant, so that when they boot up Super Smash, they're greeted to the unlock screen. Tell them you got them the Plant as well as the $10-20 Eshop card.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
It's not possible, IIRC. If I were you, I would buy two Eshop gift cards. One that's $10-20 (depending on how much you want to spend), and one that's $5. Hand them the physical $20 card and let them download whatever games they want. Ask to use their Switch and secretly use the $5 card to preinstall the Plant, so that when they boot up Super Smash, they're greeted to the unlock screen. Tell them you got them the Plant as well as the $10-20 Eshop card.
So, after work today, I did all this. It was an out-there solution, but it worked, so thank you very much!

Top Bottom