• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you cancel moves as Wario?

Agi

Smash Lord
The bite, no, not to my knowledge. Shoulder bash cancels on land, so say, jumping onto a platform or falling off of one onto the ground. BAir also auto cancels if you use it one or two frames after shorthopping and don't fastfall it. Apart from that, not much unique on the canceling front.

Agi

Smash Lord
Eh, not really. You can act pretty quickly out of one that's at mid-charge though, in the same way that you can throw out an aerial slightly after reaching the apex of the shoulder bash jump, but I wouldn't really call that a cancel.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
^what mr pickle said.

i have no idea what youre talking about and youre posts dont make all that much sense to help me understand.. why would you think you could cancel a move prematurely? lucario can cancel on hit, but its well known that hes the only character to have that attribute.

are you talking about edge cancelling?

Garlic Wonder

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
No, I am not. Promise.

No I'm not. I just wondered if Wario could cancel moves. I didn't mean for this to become all angry and violent. Please someone close this thread.

What in the world are you talking about?
I'm just joking around with Fox's and Falco's name since like everyone picks them.

Please don't consider this mean.

I thinking of using Ganon next time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agi

Smash Lord
Hey, no worries. Actually, now that edge canceling has been brought up - a downwards angled shoulder bash can slide off just like an edge cancel. More of a mobility/styling option, it's pretty fun on platforms. Slide off one side, double jump, slide off the other.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
No one here is mad at you, but you seriously need to chill out with the multiple posts, there's an edit button for that. Also, you're all over the place with what you're talking about. Please try to stay on topic, it's fine and dandy to joke around, but you need to make sense with it.

Garlic Wonder

Smash Apprentice
Hey, no worries. Actually, now that edge canceling has been brought up - a downwards angled shoulder bash can slide off just like an edge cancel. More of a mobility/styling option, it's pretty fun on platforms. Slide off one side, double jump, slide off the other.
Great, Now I can use this trick against my friends!

Thor

Smash Champion
I'd swear multiple people are posting from the same account... for the record, you can [or should be able to] edge cancel all aerials (Even Wizard's Foot, which is a special, so not exactly an aerial, is edge-cancellable - though I'd guess you can't edge cancel bite and don't think there's a need to edge cancel waft since it doesn't leave you with lag or helpless, does it?).

Last edited:

Agi

Smash Lord
I'd swear multiple people are posting from the same account... for the record, you can [or should be able to] edge cancel all aerials (Even Wizard's Foot, which is a special, so not exactly an aerial, is edge-cancellable - though I'd guess you can't edge cancel bite and don't think there's a need to edge cancel waft since it doesn't leave you with lag or helpless, does it?).
I think, in general, any move with a landing animation can have that animation edge canceled.

Mookiefish

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if it's necessarily edge-canceling, but if you bite from platform you can air-strafe to the center of the stage. It looks like edge-canceling, but I'm half ********, so I wouldn't know.

Top Bottom