• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can we talk about Arm Rotor?

NGW

Smash Cadet
Because holy **** Arm Rotor...

I feel like I used this move way more than others in both Brawl and Smash for, it was a decent reflect option and was ok attacking with.

In Ultimate though? Dear lord this move got buffed the **** up. It's to the point I damn near spam it, it's an integral part of the moveset now and one of our strongest kill options. From getting an opponent off stage and KOing with an AR followup to using it to reflect everything from the ever so spammed PK Fire (I love the knockback it gives it) to Piranha Plant's Ptooie, even certain Smash attacks like Villager's bowling ball (this really catches opponents off guard). It makes Plant's poison cloud a non-issue (hell, I LOVE when they use it because they never expect to get the damage against them from it). Had a very satisfying win against a Snake using his mortar smash.

It's also great to pressure opponents with low shields, one of our better options against opponents in the air (and easily the safest place to use it), a lot of times someone mistimes when it stops giving us a hit we may have not gotten. It is risky though because a properly shielded opponent will punish it HARD.

Also, is there a sweet spot on it, I feel like the last hit has more...OOMPH when it connects properly with the opponent at the edge of it or something, hard to explain.

Khalith

Smash Rookie
Yeah it’s a little ridiculous how useful this move is, it can combo, it can kill, and the uppercut at the end has a hitbox behind him. I whiffed it and sent a pichu that stood behind me in to the air. It was a little ridiculous.

Or another time where someone got clipped behind me by the spin, got pulled to the front and then got hit by the uppercut. I feel like I’m spamming it to but it’s just too reliable and effective.

Last edited:

Tect0nic

Smash Rookie
I didn't know it was a reflector til I accidentally whiffed AR into pikachu's thunder and he got hit by his own thunder lmao

I definitely used this move a lot in the last game. I always thought that it was a safe enough option. As a mediocre ROB player at the time, no one actually cared if I used it in that game. But oh god, in this game, I only hear people complain when I throw out this move. They all complain when they die at 60% off the side after a combo. I always say, what's the problem, I got the read :)

Top Bottom