• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can we get more Jr. alts?

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Basically this thread is what the title suggests.

I love the idea that the Koopa Kids are skins, but I’m in it for Bowser Jr. first and foremost, so I’d love actual alts for Jr. himself. Like what if his masked depiction made it in, or how about some alts that reference the Mario Party Koopa Kids, just something to give Bowser Jr his own costumes.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
To be honest, I always thought it'd be nice if Bowser Jr and the Koopalings each got one palette swap for themselves just to give some variation on that front. With Bowser Jr already having the most diverse alternates in the form of Koopalings I never really considered actual alternates for Jr that aren't the Koopalings, but it would be nice to actually have some for him. Will it happen though? ...it might, Bowser Jr only barely made it into Smash 4 if I remember correctly, so time constraints might have prevented him from having alts for himself, which could be fixed in Ultimate.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
To be honest, I always thought it'd be nice if Bowser Jr and the Koopalings each got one palette swap for themselves just to give some variation on that front. With Bowser Jr already having the most diverse alternates in the form of Koopalings I never really considered actual alternates for Jr that aren't the Koopalings, but it would be nice to actually have some for him. Will it happen though? ...it might, Bowser Jr only barely made it into Smash 4 if I remember correctly, so time constraints might have prevented him from having alts for himself, which could be fixed in Ultimate.
I hope he has alts in Ultimate. The Koopa Kids are nice, but I don’t really care about a good majority of them compared to Jr., so I hope Jr. gets alts of his own.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I do kind of wish that Bowser Jr. had his own set or recolors. The Koopalings would still be available, but Bowser Jr. is technically the main attraction here.

Anyway, below is an example of how Bowser Jr.'s palettes could be sorted if he ever did get recolors.

BowserJrKoopalings.png

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I do kind of wish that Bowser Jr. had his own set or recolors. The Koopalings would still be available, but Bowser Jr. is technically the main attraction here.

Anyway, below is an example of how Bowser Jr.'s palettes could be sorted if he ever did get recolors.

View attachment 154791
I would like to add these to overtake the red, blue, and green, as this could be a nice reference to the ‘Koopa Kids that came before.’

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
To be honest, I kinda prefer the ones Mario & Sonic Guy posted, but having the Koopa Kid references would certainly be a great idea as well. I think I just like having them match with Bowser's more though, which is why I prefer Mario & Sonic Guy's, I certainly wouldn't be mad either way though. IF Jr gets recolors in the first place of course, and then it's even the question how many that will even end up being.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
To be honest, I kinda prefer the ones Mario & Sonic Guy posted, but having the Koopa Kid references would certainly be a great idea as well. I think I just like having them match with Bowser's more though, which is why I prefer Mario & Sonic Guy's, I certainly wouldn't be mad either way though. IF Jr gets recolors in the first place of course, and then it's even the question how many that will even end up being.
I completely understand.

Usually Sakurai likes to reference things with his colors, and since the Koopa Kids look exactly like Jr., it could have been a nice reference.

I have one suggestion for Mario & Sonic Guy’s colors though. For the Blue alts why not change the Bandana to the Sunshine version.

SlayQueen

Smash Cadet
If the rumors of 16 costumes per character are true, I think there’s a good chance the Koopalings will get an alt each, with their original SMB3 coloring:

Blixen

Smash Cadet
NNID
FalconCantWin
It would be really neat if they added Boom-Boom, Pom-Pom and Nabbit all as alternate costumes for Jr instead of recolors to his default skin. They could even make them echo fighters with completely move sets if they really tried but I don't think me need more Mario reps.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rainami

Smash Rookie
as somebody who never really cared much about the koopalings, I agree that it would be nice if jr. got some of his own palette swaps.
It would be really neat if they added Boom-Boom, Pom-Pom and Nabbit all as alternate costumes for Jr instead of recolors to his default skin. They could even make them echo fighters with completely move sets if they really tried but I don't think me need more Mario reps.
you're kidding, right? He's already literally eight characters in one and you want MORE? Ever heard of the term 'clusterf-ck'?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A little part of me want the Koopalings to be Echo'd off into their own fighters so they can use the stuff they do in their own boss battles.

That'd be 7 new Mario characters but we have freakin' Piranha Plant incoming so who can say what's right or wrong any more?

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I want Sandbag in the Koopa Kopter as an alt. Don't ask why I just do.

Top Bottom