• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can we cancel Sonic's special moves ?

SosauV2

Smash Rookie
Do you know if we can cancel a charging neutral B, or aerial side-b and down-b ?

I am suiciding way too often when I use this moves.

Tenki

Smash Hero
You can't shield-cancel any of the moves during charge anymore. At the best from what I've tried, your options are...

Before release:
- Jump while charging a grounded side/down-B. The Side-B will continue to charge (has no hitbox, but you can release it for iframe counter or momentum override), Down-B will put you into the spindash jump (has a light damage hitbox).
- Spinshot (technically after releasing Side-B though)

After release:
- Double jump and wavedash downwards just before either side/down-b hit the ground (or during hitstun if you land the attack). Obviously, doesn't work if you don't have your jump.
- Low-charge/speed side/downB can unroll once you hit shield.

As far as Homing Attack goes, you can just change the release timing for it and nothing else afaik.

I probably should make a separate thread if I ever get around to posting the video but I pulled off some weird non-rising / grounded homing attack (!). I haven't been able to do it again since the replay though :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom