• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can we call Armada the best now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Iron Dragon, PP was sick this weekend so he played poorly as a result. He's definitely Top 5 though, you kidding me son?
It was my sarcasm to the fact that just as much as Armada is suddenly the best, PP also suddenly dropped out of talk of being top 2 or 3. Why? I know it's easy to get caught up in the moment of things and be excited for your favorite players, but it's also important to be realistic. I'm from Arizona and you don't see me walking around suddenly saying that Taj is the 3rd best player in the world.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Who cares who's the best? A far more interesting topic, who is the peoples champ?

Nominations include:
darkrain
Dashizwiz
Mew2king
Scar
Taj (first time nominee)

Discuss.

:phone:

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
lol of course armada is the best? who else? He has beaten them all, and will never lose to anyone again ever. Also armada beat pp so easily, like one hand this time. There was no challenge from the all-so-mighty pp, he tasted dust this time. I wonder if he gonna be as cocky after this tourney than he was after pound 5 lol :D

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
lol of course armada is the best? who else? He has beaten them all, and will never lose to anyone again ever. Also armada beat pp so easily, like one hand this time. There was no challenge from the all-so-mighty pp, he tasted dust this time. I wonder if he gonna be as cocky after this tourney than he was after pound 5 lol :D
Yo, yall Euros stink at ****talk. Almost as bad as sitting next to you irl. :troll:

Windrose

Smash Lord
What?? you can't reallocate that title. It's rightfully scars...This is not a vote...

Just like how you can't just re-declare which day of the week is monday.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Well I'm voting for Shiz.

So far we have
1 darkrain
1 scar
1 shiz

Get those votes in people. Voting ends next week Jangday.

Bing

Smash Master
Im really between Shiz and Taj...
Shiz is just Shiz, he's actually a funny people-person.
While Taj is also good with the people, good commentary on Arizona matches too. Being a Marth main too, if I had to pick one, I'd say Taj.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Again...you can't give SCAR'S title to someone else.

Scar IS the PEOPLE'S CHAMP.

/discussion on people's champ

Who cares about genesis 2 neways....new rebecca black music is out! get in the HYPE

http://youtu.be/2OxWD85Ngz4

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
I think Mango and Armada are equal atm. Need a few more tourneys to make it official... Apex maybe ..

I'm ecstatic Armada took G2 he def deserved it! (:

Beat!

Smash Master
Mango, Armada, PP for top 3, potentially in that order.

Armada's win in GFs was 100% legitimate, but it doesn't mean he has to be better than Mango.

I predict PP will go on a rampage now. He'll search out all the people who beat/"upsetted" him and beat the crap out of them. Then, at Apex, Mango and Armada will be the only ones remaining, and WFs, LFs and GFs will be some combination of Armada, Mango and PP.

Super

Smash Apprentice
Mango, Armada, PP for top 3, potentially in that order.

Armada's win in GFs was 100% legitimate, but it doesn't mean he has to be better than Mango.

I predict PP will go on a rampage now. He'll search out all the people who beat/"upsetted" him and beat the crap out of them. Then, at Apex, Mango and Armada will be the only ones remaining, and WFs, LFs and GFs will be some combination of Armada, Mango and PP.
Hmmm I kinda feel the same, he's probably going to start annihilating people without mercy, especially people that beat him if given the chance. This whole mango vs. armada and people tend to forget everyone else...especially those who didn't do as well as expected like PP, Axe, Hax.etc. There still hella good players and shouldn't be written off. At the same time, gotto give credit to those who surprised people with a good placing.

Mr P

Smash Ace
It's Armada that won, not Europe.
Average level in USA > average level in Europe.
Well actually you'd probably find that the "average" skill level of the two regions was pretty similar. The Americans have more top, intermediate and low level players it's just that their smash scene is far bigger and definately better because of it.

Infernum

Smash Apprentice
That's what I've always said, but here I'm just saying what players who have already attended tournaments in the two continents have said. Also, here, I meant "the average level of top players", my bad.

stelzig

Smash Lord
The average skill in the US is definitely higher than in europe. (I was at P4)

Or at least the average skill among people attending big tournaments.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The average of every kind of average possible is higher in the USA....it's the USA. People have to time to just play a goddamn game until your good at it more than any other place on the planet except Japan. However Japan A. Stopped caring about melee and B. is 1/21th the size of USA.

stelzig

Smash Lord
^What makes you think that? From what i've learned americans are "workaholics" compared to a more laid-back europe. Of course that could mean they're more prone to taking things seriously.

Edit: A quick search on google: Americans average 25.1 working hours per person in working age per week, but the Germans average 18.6 hours. The average American works 46.2 weeks per year, while the French average 40 weeks per year. (http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=706982)
Just saying :p

Armada

Smash Lord
This kind of threads are stupid because a lot of people make up their minds because what part of the world they are liveing in.

1: Being sick sucks and It was really bad PP was sick ( he´s better then he´s matches showed) but this people forget other people (Hbox at Pound5 and me aswell in tournaments in US)

Felt bad for you PP but I know you are awesome =)

2: "Make mistakes" Yeah that´s the reason why a person lost.

A lot of other weird stuff in this thread but Im to lazy to respond to that (came home kinda recently)

Mango,PP,m2k and Hbox <3

Edit: Would be really fun to see some of you guys in Europe now.
Most of the people are only talking about me in US kinda soon again

And someone even mention a tie if I don´t show up like Im the only that have to travel :p

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I say Darkrain for People's Champ. I don't think I ever see anybody get more hyped up for a Falcon than that guy. Dude is mad humble and seems way chill too.

strawhats

Smash Master
Must be nice having the crowd cheer for you.

Oh, and Armada has the best overall record in the US Majors, I'm pretty sure.

I played M2K at Genesis 2 and won 3-2, for any clarifications.
TIGHT BATTLE...on the real though, m2k gave mango a little scare in Winners Quarters with his sheik(I wanted to see mango fox vs m2k marth). Not only did he win brawl singles/doubles, he did very well in singles and didn't go quietly against mango/you (hbox). lol i just realized something armada/m2k (both look alike) won melee/brawl respectively. Not to mention he got second(could've won as he/pp came out of winners bracket and only had to win 1 set) to none other than team mango/lucky

Anyone know how close GFs set were in teams.

@ People's Champ convo: If there is anyone else that could be considered people's champ its Darkrain.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
great post armada!

didnt hungrybox say something about coming to europe once? or did he cancel when he saw armada was going young link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom