• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can we call Armada the best now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Seriously... he dominates every european tournament, most of them without losing a SINGLE game/round, much less a set, and just won Genesis 2, one of the biggest melee tournies EVER. ( Based on the fact that all the world's bets were there, though some tournies are definitely bigger iirc) 3 stocking mango, creaming hbox with that young link AGAIN, and then beating Mango, who tried hard and was stylin on everyone else... At the rest of the national tournies, what has he got again? Like 2, 2, a 4 where he was really sick and lost to a fellow european whose played him alot, 2, 2, and then he wins this. EXTREMELY consistant, VERY dominating, and, honestly, I can't see how any one would say otherwise.

Hater: "Well, He's only won ONE, Mango is still better/PP was sick and it's just ONE..."
Me: STFU Armada da best.

OverLade

Smash Hero
You can't call Armada the best because Americans will get super and john Mango not trying etc etc.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
you play brawl.

armada is the best right now but definitely not by a large margin.
I actually don't play smash anymore, I play MVC3 :/

And the best right now was all I'm looking for. I was kinda expecting more mang johns like the guy below you said.

Turazrok

Smash Master
The last times we called someone an american "best" were those YEARS where Mango/M2K/Ken repeatedly took first at EVERY event.

If we're judging by those standards then no.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Funny thing is, Mango took first in every american event. Armada has been, for years now, dominating EVERY european event, to the likes Mango has been dominating the american ones. Armada also has been dominating american tournaments, coming second at all of them before now and winning G2. From what we've seen, we can't say mango is the best in the world because Armada has been dominating Europe NOW how mango USED to dominate america, and Armada has also been beasting for a year and just took G2, with a showing that, considering Mango is probably going to go drunksandbagging again, pretty much stated he's going to continue winning what he enters.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Personally I don't think you can really call anyone the clear best. To me the clear best is one who consistently wins and comes up on top. At this moment no one has really has consistently won and dominated. I never like to use "best in the world" unless they can dominate over a period of time. If Armada continues to dominate, win and keep beating mango, pp, hbox etc. then yes. But what if he doesn't win the next one? Too early to give the title, just as people were giving it to PP.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Not what I said. It doesn't matter how many euro tournies he wins, because no one in the US for the most part cares. If he is to be considered the best he's gonna have to beat mango at least two more times consecutively and take first.

that's just how it is

Viiper

Smash Rookie
mango is the best player in the world.

1 tournament does not undue years of dominance.
years of dominance in the us. armada has only lost to him in one tournament and that was genesis 1, right?
Armada is better atm! Live in the present, not the past.

Zodiac

Smash Master
No, I'm pretty sure mango and armada are equal , not to mention pp.

:phone:

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Not what I said. It doesn't matter how many euro tournies he wins, because no one in the US for the most part cares. If he is to be considered the best he's gonna have to beat mango at least two more times consecutively and take first.

that's just how it is
Kinda ********... Armada wins in Europe which is obviously inferior to the US, so it doesn't matter how many euro tournies he wins because they all don't count.

황미영

Smash Champion
Halberd, Mango said he was trying. He proved it too. Armada was doing work today. Gratz to Sweden. Jag älskar dig

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Kinda ********... Armada wins in Europe which is obviously inferior to the US, so it doesn't matter how many euro tournies he wins because they all don't count.
I think that's the point about Europe being inferior to the US in terms of overall player skill. Because we have a larger group of dominating able to take him out players, how can you declare someone the best after winning one time?

Not to mention that PP was sick, and if you think that's just a john then don't even let me bring up that he lost to like 5-6 people, and the dude is on world champion status just as much as others consider Mango or Armada. Would a world champion do that if something wasn't up? Probably not, and it was the same thing with Mango, he showed that him being drunk while it may have been a john, was legit considering he got 2nd at his first MAJOR tournament after THAT much of a layoff of playing seriously? Anyways, not the point, point is that I don't think he can be called the best YET. Just as much as no one called HBox the best after Apex. But that's something completely different obviously.

battousai555

Smash Ace
Threads like these are completely useless. Sure, so are posts like this one, but deep down you know I'm right.

My prediction: some people will agree with you and some won't. Look at me, I'm Nostradamus!

All these kinds of threads do is give people a reason to pointlessly argue and hate on each other.

But Mango still the bess, yo! Even though he said he'd go all out, he was still just sandtrolling y'all, HA! Ugh...

red stone

Smash Ace
hell yeah we can. he places consistently high at tourneys and this showing solidifies his place at least for now. He used to lose to hbox but now he destroys him with young link. He lost to dr pp's falco, but he has improved on it since and has a winning record against dr pp. The only person even relevant to the conversation right now is whether or not mango is better than him. To say that armada barely beat mango is an injustice as armada was only one hit away from beating mango at genesis 1. When we get to high level play, sometimes that single hit is all that separates players like in racing where .01 sec is all it takes to be called the best. Today, armada gets to be called the best until proven otherwise or if he stops coming to tourneys

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Pretty sure Taj and Shroomed are the best things ever.

BLACK PEOPLE. THEY ALWAYS DO THE BEST THINGS AT A TOURNAMENT.

Wake

Smash Master
It's true that people didn't call Hbox the best after winning Apex, but people called PP the best after winning Pound 5... kind of lame. And, European tournies should be taken into account, whomever people think the best is. The elite 4 are all insanely good and dominate everyone (Armada, Mango, PP, Hbox)... and good job to Shroomed placing top 5 and Taj with that 3rd place!

Mazor

Smash Cadet
The last times we called someone an american "best" were those YEARS where Mango/M2K/Ken repeatedly took first at EVERY event.
Man, do you live in a separate dimension or something? The last time you americans called an american the best was like 5 minutes ago. Moreover, the US has been calling Mango the best for years, completely irrelevant of his performance at events. If you set your ignorance aside for 5 minutes, you'll find that it is very hard to come upon a single thread on smashboards not covered with "MANGO DA BESS".

If we're judging by those standards then no.
Now seems as bad a time as any other to start judging by standards completely different from the normal ones.

Of course johners gonna john and Mango will still be the best in many americans eyes. You go ahead and judge Mango getting ***** your way and we'll be sitting over here judging it our way.

mesa23

Smash Journeyman
i don't like the word "best".

i think armada is insanely good at this game. i also think mango is insanely good at this game.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Man, do you live in a separate dimension or something? The last time you americans called an american the best was like 5 minutes ago. Moreover, the US has been calling Mango the best for years, completely irrelevant of his performance at events. If you set your ignorance aside for 5 minutes, you'll find that it is very hard to come upon a single thread on smashboards not covered with "MANGO DA BESS".

Now seems as bad a time as any other to start judging by standards completely different from the normal ones.

Of course johners gonna john and Mango will still be the best in many americans eyes. You go ahead and judge Mango getting ***** your way and we'll be sitting over here judging it our way.
You're the guy who made the thread about the orgasm kthxbai...

I never said I agree with these standards either please do not put words in my mouth.

I don't agree with any of these things that's just the way I see things happening.

Wait a week and see.

red stone

Smash Ace
who in the world could you put against armada right at this moment and have a guaranteed win against him. no one that's who! Armada beasts everyone. There is no one who gives him trouble anymore. I'm not saying armada is unbeatable, but dude adapts like a mofo

Turazrok

Smash Master
I suppose it would be the same reason Armada is the only consistent Euro smasher who travels.

It's expensive.

Tekk

Smash Lord
Fair enough, but do you agree with my overall opinion?
I do, I was just joking.

And really that livestream caused me to go through the biggest emotionnal rollercoaster ever:

"Stream off ?I HATE DBR" => "Stream on ? Armada vs PP ? Mango vs M2K ?I LOVE DBR, YOU GUYS ROCK" => "Stream offffffFFFFFF-"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom