• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone spoil these things for me?

Fenris_Wolf

Smash Rookie
I am one of those people who are auctually attempting to have almost no spoilers at all so I can be suprised when I get brawl. There are a couple of things, though, that I can't help but knowing. I'm too afraid of looking these things up myself for fears that I'll accidentally spoil something else for me, so if some could, could you answer my questions?

1. How many characters are in brawl total?
2. Sakurai said that most characters are unlocked by SSE. How many (a percentage?) of them auctually are unlocked this way?
3. My main from SSBM is Young Link. Is he still in?
4. Is there any way to turn off the random events (like the bridge falling in the Bridge of Eldin) for multiplayer matches?
5. How many stages are there in total?
6. Can you choose what music you want to put into the stages you make via stage builder?
7. I heard that falco is in and is a clone again. Is this true? And if it is, are there more clones? How many?
8. How long will it take to beat SSE?
9. How many 3rd party characters are in?
10. I heard that almost all the characters seem slow and floaty. Is this true?
11. How many music tracks can you unlock?
12. Is this game awesome?

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
1. 35
2. All the charcter can be unlocked in the SSE or through a number of Brawls
3. Kinda, he's back...but with a new feel
4. not sure, probably not
5. endless, stage builder....but stages they provide idk the exact number....but theres a lot of them (i think around 30)
6. yes
7. yes Falco is still a clone...5 clones in
8. 10 hours
9. 2, Snake and Sonic
10. -
11. theres 314 tracks in the game total
12. YES!!!

I dont have the game yet....but I know most of the information
just hoping this'll help....PM me if you have any questions about what i said

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I am one of those people who are auctually attempting to have almost no spoilers at all so I can be suprised when I get brawl. There are a couple of things, though, that I can't help but knowing. I'm too afraid of looking these things up myself for fears that I'll accidentally spoil something else for me, so if some could, could you answer my questions?

2. Sakurai said that most characters are unlocked by SSE. How many (a percentage?) of them auctually are unlocked this way?
4. Is there any way to turn off the random events (like the bridge falling in the Bridge of Eldin) for multiplayer matches?
6. Can you choose what music you want to put into the stages you make via stage builder?
7. I heard that falco is in and is a clone again. Is this true? And if it is, are there more clones? How many?

I will.

SPOILERS BELOW. ALL YE WHO DO NOT WANT SPOILERS

1. 35 characters total.
2. There are different ways to unlock each character, I believe they can ALL be unlocked in SSE.
3. He is, in a way. Ill reveal that below f you'd like.
SPOILERS FOR #3

He is back, as Wind Waker Link. He should still feel the same for you, just look different.

4. Not that we know of.
5. 41. I think it's 31 Brawl (they all look awesome) and 10 returning melee.
6. yes
7. There are no clones really, they are all luigified, meaning they do some things differently and work differently. Falco IS back, but unlike Fox, he can throw his reflector, and punches rather than kicks, and there are other differences.
8. I hear 8-10 hours if you play at a steady pace.
9. Only 2
10. Floaty yes. Slow, hell no. Diddy Kong is a good example of this. Fast as hell.
11. Tons. Actually, there are 283 full songs in the game. How many are unlockable, I have no clue.
12. Hell Yes. Best game ever.

Well there ya have it. Any other questions, PM me.

YoYoBoY

Smash Cadet
WARNING: SPOILERS INCLUDED IN THIS POST
The spoilers in this post are only those the topic creator asked for.

-35 selectable characters
-14 I believe
-In some form ,yes.
-I don't think so.
-41, I believe.
-Yes, you can use any unlocked music
-Yes, but he is not completely a clone. There are more clones, but there are no 100% clones. I think there are 4 "somewhat" clones.
-I've heard 5-15 hours.
-Just 2.
-Floaty, yes, but not slow.
-Sure.

Fenris_Wolf

Smash Rookie
Thanks for all of your quick replys everyone! I got everything I need to know now. 314 tracks, WW link, 35 chars? Dang, this game is awesome. Just one more month of pain now...

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I played yesterday and I can safely say that there are absolutely no clones as the eye can see, maybe some of the moves do the same things, but they ABSOLUTELY do not look the same.

and maybe character names etc should be spoiler boxed...

NukeA6

Smash Master
Which of the "clones" have the original Final Smash? Let me guess;
Ganondorf
?

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I played yesterday and I can safely say that there are absolutely no clones as the eye can see, maybe some of the moves do the same things, but they ABSOLUTELY do not look the same.

and maybe character names etc should be spoiler boxed...
That's absoulote rubbish.

Ganondorf's Down-B? Ness? Toon Link?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
1. Final roster=35 characters.
2. I'm pretty sure all hidden characters can be unlocked via SSE, but there are other ways to unlock each hidden character.
3. Yes...
4. No.
5. Endless.
6. I don't think via Stage builder...
7. 5 clones...not including Luigi
8. Who knows...
9. Snake+Sonic=2
10. No, Bowser and Ganon etc.
11. A lot.
12. YES!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i have a separate question: is there a save function for the SSE? I'd think if it takes 8-10 hrs.
It's set in diffrent "stages", often with multiple events with diffrent groups of characters going on at the same time.

Kirby saving a Princess, Mario with Pit, Yoshi with Link, [team spoilers, not character spoilers]
Lucas with the Pokémon Trainer,
Fox with Diddy Kong, [you probably already saw this; SSE team spoilers]
Samus with Pikachu,
[character spoilers and teaming spoilers]
Marth, Ike, and Meta Knight,
[SSE team and 1 character spoiler]
Captain Falcon and Captain Olimar,
etc. all happen at one point in the Subspace Emissary. ;)

There are several chapters. All in all, I saw some HORRIBLE Japanese player beat the WHOLE SSE in about 8 or 9 hours. It was on Insane mode, too. It isn't that hard, if you know how to sheild, use defense, and air dodge ACTUALLY FOR ONCE, FOE! :laugh:

And yes, there is a save function in the SSE. You can have three SSE accounts, and after each chapter (sometimes during a chapter o_O) you can save, and whatnot. ;)

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Why is the first page covered with answers to the first post?
*sigh* people don't read these days.

If you are going to count transformations you might as well count ivysaur,squirtle and Charizard since they do have their own moves and abilities.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
The five mentioned 'clones' aren't really clones. They just share final smashes.

The are : Falco,
Star Wolf, WW Link, Ganon/dorf, and Lucas/Ness.
They all have their own movesets, and thus are not clones, get over it.

Zevox

Smash Lord
The five mentioned 'clones' aren't really clones. They just share final smashes.

And how, pray tell, are
Toon Link and Ganondorf
not clones? I've seen many videos of them in action, and their moves differ from their originals' only in basic physics and a couple of minor ways (
such as Toon Link's boomerang being non-gale and Ganondorf's side B ending in a grab
). Hell,
Ganondorf
doesn't even share a final smash with his original, so claiming thats all he shares with
Captain Falcon
isn't true by any means. They're definitely just as much clones as any of Melee's six were. The others are all Luigified, certainly (though not to the extent where they share only final smashes), but not those two.

Zevox

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

Get your facts straight. Leon, Panther and Krystal aren't playable in Brawl so don't say they are.

The only playable member of Star Wolf is Wolf himself.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If I'm not mistaken... Krystal isn't a member of Star Wolf.
Look's like someone didn't do they homework when they played Star Fox Command. :p She joined Star Wolf when Fox sadly kicked her out of Star Fox team. Do I have to get into more detailed in a spoiler free zone?

YoYoBoY

Smash Cadet
question!
what formats are snapshots and videos in (.jpg, .mov, etc....)?
Snapshots are jpg, but they are encrypted. A decrypter is being worked on right now.
Videos are in a proprietary format. They are useless, because they require the game engine to render the video.

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
so snapshots (in the future once the decrypter is done) will be transferable from wii to pc (via SD card)? that is good.

and videos just arent transferable whatsoever? cuz that really sucks....

ALSO is inkdropping (tripping i guess its called now?) totally random? if not, hows it done?
and how much of the music is orchestrated?

EDIT: decrypters are out and running now....awesome!
also, theres a program out there that can play the cinematic cutscenes, whether this can be applied to recorded matches i dont know....if the matches can be transferred to sd card anyways, which i dont think is so....hmmm

Top Bottom