• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone point me in the right direction to get better?

brayden77

Smash Rookie
NNID
torterra1205
3DS FC
0490-8559-4994
Okay, so I’m not an avid user of forums, so please tell me if I’m doing something wrong. I’ve always been a fan of Smash, but I was as casual as casual can get for the first 2 years that I played. I only recently learned about the existence of tier charts, in fact. It’s actually that discovery that led me to pick up Smash a play a little, and I’ve realized how much I enjoy it now and have become much more invested in the competitive scene then ever. Two problems: I only have Sm4sh 3DS (this is of little importance; I actually have a GC controller), and I still have the skill level and technical knowledge of a casual player. I was just hoping that some people can help point me in the right direction to where I can learn how to become a better player. By this I mean where I can learn about fairly basic but technical things like dash dancing, perfect pivoting, etc. I apologize for the lengthy post.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Smashcords is a place you can join. At the top right, you'll see "SMASH 4". Click on that to open a new page that provides you access to joining different servers. If you main Pikachu, look to the left of the page as you scroll down and join. You'll be asked to give yourself a user name for everyone to call you by, as well as a password. If you have an account, just click, "Already have an account?" underneath where it says "Continue". Most servers will need to flair you, which is another way of saying you've been confirmed to join. Without being flaired, you won't be able to do anything until you've been confirmed to join.

Anther's Ladder is another place you can join. Just be aware that it's not as active as it used to be. Hopefully that'll change when Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is released. Still, you can find people to play friendlies, or you can do ranked, which after a certain number of ranked matches, your rank will become Bronze. Most people there who are higher may avoid Bronze, so the best time to do ranked is when a new season begins. Still, you should be able to find Bronze or unranked players and move up.

Top Bottom