• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone help me with shaders & model importing with PSAs that have items on certain attacks?

rexcyclone150

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm looking into getting into making some model imports for characters, but I don't know how to edit the shaders on characters yet. I don't know if it's something to do with UV stuff and textures, or with the actual model itself (some parts show up finely shaded in game, but then the back of the head is all weirdly shaded). Also, how do I fix the items showing up all at once rather than the specific attacks they are used in the PSA. The PSA I'm trying to model import over is this villager PSA. I'm new to modding and would appreciate any sort of help :) !

Last edited:

Windhunter7

Smash Apprentice
The thing with all the items showing up at once is likely because of Visibility Bones; to change them, expand the MDL0, expand the Objects folder, and each object that should only be visible for a certain move, set the Visibility Bone of it to what it should be (You can look at the original model to determine which bones are for which animations, etc.)

As for the improper shading, though it could technically actually be the shaders, it sounds more like a problem with the normals, which is the model itself, which means that it has messed up normals and needs to be remade with proper normals

Top Bottom