• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Someone Help Me With My Project M Questions?

Falco_DJ

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I recently have gotten into Project M. I know that 3.6 is the latest release, but I have heard that the Project M team was planning on creating future updates. What I want to know is:

1) If the Project M team was planning on continuing, why did they end development of Project M?
2) What features were intended to be introduced into future updates of Project M?

Last edited:

Zoa

Smash Ace
Hi, I recently have gotten into Project M. I know that 3.6 is the latest release, but I have heard that the Project M team was planning on creating future updates. What I want to know is:

1) If the Project M team was planning on continuing, why did they end development of Project M?
2) What features were intended to be introduced into future updates of Project M?
They have officially ended development over three years ago. The former PMDT are not adding to the game any longer. The ended development of the game for fear of possible legal action from Nintendo.

As for your second question, there were some changes that were to be released in a patch that would fix a few oversights, such as Link's grab losing range. Also Lyn, Issac from Golden Sun, and Knuckles were planned characters.

Falco_DJ

Smash Apprentice
Okay, thanks! I have another question. How come Project M builds like PM CC, and 3.6 and Knuckles aren't allowed at tournaments? I know Project M CC is uncompleted an doesn't look like it will be worked on any time soon, but 3.6 and Knuckles have a complete Knuckles and the memory leak fix was applied to Knuckles in it, it also adds SJS ZSS costumes, Bandana Jiggly Puff, and Awakening Roy.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Okay, thanks! I have another question. How come Project M builds like PM CC, and 3.6 and Knuckles aren't allowed at tournaments? I know Project M CC is uncompleted an doesn't look like it will be worked on any time soon, but 3.6 and Knuckles have a complete Knuckles and the memory leak fix was applied to Knuckles in it, it also adds SJS ZSS costumes, Bandana Jiggly Puff, and Awakening Roy.
Because it's to honor the PMDT's last wish to use the last version they finished as the definitive edition for tournament play.

Top Bottom