• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone help me with Achilles' Projectile thing?

Nuthilo

Smash Cadet
I'm trying 2 things that aren't working well. First, I'm trying to make Warlock Punch shoot a shadow ball that stuns (or not, i just want it to shoot a projectile) and I want DK's D-Tilt to pull a barrel. If anyone can explain to me why this doesn't work, or how to make it work, I'd really appreciate it.

Update: After a few hours of work, I managed to figure out the stuff with giving the item. Shooting the item is still something I don't understand. Also, sidenote, does anyone know how to disable warning messages in dolphin?
Thanks Again

Last edited:

Gun.Rugger

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm trying to do the same thing! Let's document our progress and maybe we can learn from each other and get this thing solved.
I am trying to get the taunt to throw a barrel. This is my current config: http://imgur.com/a/NKsD6
Currently, It spawns a barrel and throws it, but it doesn't collide with anything except for attacks. (For example, If I have P2 charge a smash attack and, I throw a barrel at him with P1, and they hit the barrel, it will explode.)

There seems to be some weird behavior with these barrels. If you spawn one with the "Give projectile to player" option, then it does nothing until your character takes damage. Once you take damage, the barrel 'appears' in your hands (although it's invisible).
This barrel has some odd behavior. When thrown, regardless of player positioning, it immediately collides with P2. Furthermore, if it is an exploding barrel, the fire damage will hit both players.
I can't get these images to work on imgur so see the gifs in this folder (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bxo5USGW-GZWSGRDNmRpdGJTM2c)

Last edited:

Nuthilo

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm trying to do the same thing! Let's document our progress and maybe we can learn from each other and get this thing solved.
I am trying to get the taunt to throw a barrel. This is my current config: http://imgur.com/a/NKsD6
Currently, It spawns a barrel and throws it, but it doesn't collide with anything except for attacks. (For example, If I have P2 charge a smash attack and, I throw a barrel at him with P1, and they hit the barrel, it will explode.)

There seems to be some weird behavior with these barrels. If you spawn one with the "Give projectile to player" option, then it does nothing until your character takes damage. Once you take damage, the barrel 'appears' in your hands (although it's invisible).
This barrel has some odd behavior. When thrown, regardless of player positioning, it immediately collides with P2. Furthermore, if it is an exploding barrel, the fire damage will hit both players.
I can't get these images to work on imgur so see the gifs in this folder (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bxo5USGW-GZWSGRDNmRpdGJTM2c)
Hey, this is from a while back. I've managed to make DK DTilt give a barrel to DK that can be thrown using Z-Dropping etc. I think the problem you may be having is size scaling or Duration (Can be almost anything). IDK how to help, but just fiddle with it a bit, and make sure to keep backups. Right now, I have Bowser's taunt spawning 2 double sized Goombas, anything is possible.

Gun.Rugger

Smash Cadet
Hey, this is from a while back. I've managed to make DK DTilt give a barrel to DK that can be thrown using Z-Dropping etc. I think the problem you may be having is size scaling or Duration (Can be almost anything). IDK how to help, but just fiddle with it a bit, and make sure to keep backups. Right now, I have Bowser's taunt spawning 2 double sized Goombas, anything is possible.
Can you get me the DK file? Maybe PM it to me or something? I would be eternally in your service.

jjhoho

Smash Rookie
I tried to make DKs down b grab a barrel, and the problem i had is that until you get hit, it carries it like a normal sized item instead of a heavy item. Did you encounter this?

As for shadowball, unfortunately that's a part of Mewtwo's data. The event doesn't work with projectiles from characters other than the one you put it on I believe, you're pretty much limited to items and things like Pokémon projectiles.

Gun.Rugger

Smash Cadet
I tried to make DKs down b grab a barrel, and the problem i had is that until you get hit, it carries it like a normal sized item instead of a heavy item. Did you encounter this?

As for shadowball, unfortunately that's a part of Mewtwo's data. The event doesn't work with projectiles from characters other than the one you put it on I believe, you're pretty much limited to items and things like Pokémon projectiles.
Yeah I geuss that could be the effect that is happening with the barrel, But I can't verify that, because the barrel is invisible. It also seems to collide immediately with the other player as soon as it is thrown. Not the desired effect.

jjhoho

Smash Rookie
I think that's due to having item scaling set to 0, try changing it to 1?

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
What is everyone using? at the moment, i'm trying to have Pichu's Up tilt spawn or shoot a marill but i'm having no success at all. what did you guys do? I'm using Crazy Handv1.31

Top Bottom