• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone help me rip the Mushroom Kingdom Adventure Mode level model?

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
I have Dolphin and a few ripping programs but nothing is working. Anybody might have the stage ripped laying around?

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
oh geez, really? what separates it from any other stage in the game?

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
It isn't yet. Trust us.
so how are models for stages like fountain of dreams ripped? i'm feeling like i'm confusing myself. i'm not trying to edit the stage, i'm trying to export it from melee as a model?

hell the toad that appears in the background of this level was ripped from the game

am i dense? is there something un-rippable about models from adventure mode, because its clearly possible to rip character and stage models.

i even have found the .dat file that contains the mushroom kingdom stuff, i'm pretty sure

this cant be done with a 3d printscreen ripping program or anything?

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
@ Tcll Tcll is the only one who can offer you any sort of knowledge on the topic. I have no idea what he has to say about those other models.
messaged him on this site and messaged a few people on the models resource. anybody else that might point me in the right direction? better way to contact him?

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
from your PM:
i know you can rip models from dolphin using ninja ripper and 3d ripper dx and programs like that, but i have had no success for various reasons on my ****ty computer
have you tried OGLE??
it's incredibly tedious as the output is basically nothing but OpenGL functions, but it's the only thing I've been able to get working... heh

other than that, the subject of 3D model ripping is incredibly shady and there's alot being kept in the dark for some reason, I've seen a few of those said models "ripped from Melee", however, I see no evidence to back it...
there is a Pichu rip I think someone may have re-rigged and textured using an OBJ export from one of my past builds of UMC, but I'm not certain...

so far as knowledge goes, I'm the only one who seems to have a decent converter... well... in the works,
I did say a past build, butthe most recent thing I have released can't quite export certain things properly...

at this very moment I'm working on fixing up bone calculations when importing,
but as for the DAT format, very few stages don't import properly, if they import at all...
here's the best I've been able to do:

^that's literally all that imports.

target test stages import much better:

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
sweeeet!! thank you so much for helping me w/ a starting point. i'm gonna do this somehow.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
well this thing just refreshed my memory:
http://brian-horning.com/google-earth-to-obj-using-glintercept/
I forgot, along with the GL function call-list, there was also an OBJ export.

although I wouldn't recommend replacing your system's opengl32.dll with OGLE :p
just place OGLE (renamed opengl32.dll) in your app's directory and it should work just as well ;)
(the priority searches the app directory before the system directory)

just keep in mind, this works with OpenGL, not DirectX ;)

EDIT: OT:
btw, I just want to state, I hate DirectX with a passion:
- it's NOT cross-platform, not matter how many interfaces attempt to implement it (Wine included)
- it's pre-mature meaning you have to start from square one over and over again, where most of that stuff is done for you in OpenGL
- it's very conflicting and very glitchy when it comes to old vs new interfaces (DX9 will act up on a DX11 install)
(and of course we all know, if you use DX11, you're cutting out a 3rd of the world from using your program)
^being linux or WinXP like me

OpenGL has very few issues and is VERY programmer friendly, even for noob programmers, and works on just about anything.
(IntelGFX has many issues with their OpenGL implementations, including slower performance rates on some models)

heck even Nintendo's GX interface is almost a carbon copy bootleg of OpenGL.
suck on that Microsoft, with your crummy over-productive XNA framework :p
lol

Even linux runs it's graphical interfaces entirely with an OpenGL backend.
(this doesn't apply if you use a basic DE and window manager)

oh btw, I should mention MS's build of opengl32.dll is mostly a DX wrapper...
would be alot better if they used GDI which DX runs on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom