• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone coach me?

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
Since it doesn't look anyone is volunteering, there is one main solution: coach yourself. Record your own matches, even with a phone and look at your mistakes and what you could have done instead. This ideology is one main way to improve for all smash games, and looking at your matches will help that. In the midst of a match, you don't have too much time to think about your options and the foresight to know the impact of your options. However, watching a recording of yourself can show you you're habits that a player might catch on but you don't know about.

TL;DR: Record your own matches and review them yourself. If you want, post your recording on this website and have people critique you. People WILL respond and give advice; helpful advice at that.

Last edited:

DariusM27

Smash Ace
Make sure you have a correct button layout. If you have a bad control setup, you can't perform well.

Also, you say you are a garbage Marth. Do you know any Marth's that aren't garbage?

I mean, Marth isn't doing anything at all in the current meta. No Marth main is winning anything significant.

I just want you to make sure you know what you are getting into.

Kenai09

Smash Rookie
Yeah you'd be suprised how much re watching your replays can help. I dont mind watching a few replays and giving you feedback but first id look at yourself and see what you think you're doing wrong.

Josh (jla2001)

Smash Rookie
Make sure you have a correct button layout. If you have a bad control setup, you can't perform well.

Also, you say you are a garbage Marth. Do you know any Marth's that aren't garbage?

I mean, Marth isn't doing anything at all in the current meta. No Marth main is winning anything significant.

I just want you to make sure you know what you are getting into.
Uhh... MKLeo is currently in the second place ranking? Plus Marth is A tier.

Josh (jla2001)

Smash Rookie
Marth is a zoning character with high kill power. Play safely, and pressure shield with nair, fair, or tilts. use side while running away to pressure rush-downs. Use jab to combo into stuff. Up-Special kills, and Watch some Mr. E or MKLeo.

DariusM27

Smash Ace
If you watch Dabuz' tier list uploaded yesterday, you'll see that Dabuz explains that Leo really doesn't use Marth anymore. Dabuz ranked Marcina in B+ tier, and is considering dropping them lower, because Marth is getting barely no recognition in the current meta, and Lucina is getting none.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
If you watch Dabuz' tier list uploaded yesterday, you'll see that Dabuz explains that Leo really doesn't use Marth anymore. Dabuz ranked Marcina in B+ tier, and is considering dropping them lower, because Marth is getting barely no recognition in the current meta, and Lucina is getting none.
yet dabuz also placed Mewtwo in there, ZSS in the top 10, Fox in the top 3, Sonic in the top 10 rather than 5, kirby as bottom 3 some how, I could go on.

Top Bottom