• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Jump Cancel ABK refund Jump

Bayo13

Smash Rookie
I been trying to use the Jump Cancel ABK as recommended in the combos thread. However I'm finding that no matter how I do it I was never able to get my jump back.

Whereas Jump Cancel WT does refund my jump.

Is this just how it is? does Jump Cancel ABK consume the jump with no way to refund?

Thanks.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
I been trying to use the Jump Cancel ABK as recommended in the combos thread. However I'm finding that no matter how I do it I was never able to get my jump back.

Whereas Jump Cancel WT does refund my jump.

Is this just how it is? does Jump Cancel ABK consume the jump with no way to refund?

Thanks.
ABK has nothing to do with the jump refund

To get a refunded jump, you need to do your second jump and press up+b within 3 frames (1/20th of a second) of the jump

The instant aerial ABK and the instant second upb have very similar timings to pull off...

its all about practicing and practicing... right now i pull 60% of my second upb's receiving the third jump, 2 weeks ago it was less than 10%... and experienced bayo players like lima probably get it right about 99% of the time (its super rare to see him miss it)

side note: doing any aerial after hitting an ABK denies you your right of using your second ABK

tip for the 3 frame upb: if youre doing upb jump upb almost instantly to pull off a combo, do upb, wait a tiny bit and do the jump + upb input instantly, else the buffer system will **** your input up and your character will only do the first upb and jump (meaning you will need to imput again the second upb and that since the 3 frame window will be over, you wont get a third jump)

Bayo13

Smash Rookie
No you're just being slow. Keep trying.
ABK has nothing to do with the jump refund

To get a refunded jump, you need to do your second jump and press up+b within 3 frames (1/20th of a second) of the jump
So are you saying it's impossible to jump cancel ABK into a refunded jump? or it is possible? I'm aware of Jump Cancel WItch Twist into the 3rd jump. But nowhere on the internet does it mention about Jump Cancel ABK into refund jump. I tested it a lot and wasn't able to do it a single time, despite almost consistently doing JCWT.

I bring this up because in the combo thread there's a lot of talk about JC ABK in addition to JCWT. So I'm wondering if it's actually possible to get refunded the jump.

Last edited:

Phoenix_is_OK

Smash Apprentice
So are you saying it's impossible to jump cancel ABK into a refunded jump? or it is possible? I'm aware of Jump Cancel WItch Twist into the 3rd jump. But nowhere on the internet does it mention about Jump Cancel ABK into refund jump. I tested it a lot and wasn't able to do it a single time, despite almost consistently doing JCWT.

I bring this up because in the combo thread there's a lot of talk about JC ABK in addition to JCWT. So I'm wondering if it's actually possible to get refunded the jump.
You can't get your jump back, only with Up-B.

Also ABK 2 has to be used withing 1 second of ABK 1, it has nothing to do with moves, although tbf if you use a move you aren't gonna get ABK 2

Dr3amSm4sher

Smash Cadet
You can't get your jump back, only with Up-B.

Also ABK 2 has to be used withing 1 second of ABK 1, it has nothing to do with moves, although tbf if you use a move you aren't gonna get ABK 2
I have a 60% combos that get around 1 second rule frame perfectly.

They work from 0 to about 15% and can start from any WT

beware though. These are probably her hardest combos and are near frame perfect the whole way through.

WT1, WT2 (comboing this is the hardest part because you need to keep your DJ), ABK, UAIR, DJ Backwards Uair, ABK back(BUFFER EVERYTHING AFTER THE FIRST ABK FOR THE LOVE OF GOD because I'm pretty sure it's a 1 frame window), Bair/uair (bair for damage and uair for consistency)

Another good one is

Landing Uair, utilt, FH instant uair (hardest part of the combo due to the sh buffer system) WT, WT2, ABK, ABK, Bair (This one is easier because it doesn't require a perfect double WT but it does help to do a DJ WT out of the uair to follow their DI. Also it never hurts to have your DJ lol)

Btw guys learn to the different hitboxes of abk. The early, middle, and late hit all send different angles. Abuse those to fix your combos and send people where you want. Especially at later %

Top Bottom