• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can I play smash 4 on wii u without gamepad?

UltraConstructor

Smash Rookie
I love smash 4 so much that in order to play easily with my friends and to practice with the main tournament device to play on, I am willing to purchase a wii u for the sake of smash 4.
It is much cheaper to just get the console and not the gamepad, so If smash 4 was the only game I had to play on, And I am Using a GameCube controller, would I be able to play smash 4 without many problems?

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
You need the gamepad to start the game, also when you buy a wii u it should come with a gamepad so I do not see whereyou are running into an issue from unledd you found a wii u for sale without a gamepad. You can't operate the console without one.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
You can, although you might need the gamepad to adjust settings. Also, if you want to add friends to play with online you need the gamepad as well. Still, you can start the console with a Wii Remote or a Wii Pro Controller, so if you can borrow a gamepad from a friend or acquaintance from time to time then it might be doable.

Top Bottom