• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can I mod a HORI Battle pad to make the stick less sensitive?

Redregon

Smash Rookie
Like the title. I picked up a HORI battle-pad a while ago so I could practice on a GC controller and work on learning bidou. I did this mainly because I was previously using a classic-controller-pro with the shoulder buttons in a row which led to massive cramping when trying bidou. I do like it but one thing that's causing me frustration is the L-stick is too sensitive.

What do I mean? Well, I have to be VERY gentle when pressing it left or right or else I'll just go straight into a dash. That and if I just release it, it tends to spring back and trigger the other side. This is killing my ability to reliably perform perfect pivots and also makes me pivot when I didn't intend to.

So, is there a way to adjust the deadzone (this might be too tall of an order, I admit) or somehow make the spring less springy?

Or will the spring start to relax and not be so rigidly springy as it gets worn down?

I'm not a hard-core electronics maven tho so I'm not sure I'd know what to do if I had to solder anything. But is there something that I can do to get it to ease up and be less finicky?

I'd get a regular GC controller but the only places I can get one are used (which usually means it's no good for competitive as the person that sold it probably wore part of it out already) or online and pay through the nose for one off ebay or wherever.

p.s. Yes, I know that the battle-pad having a turbo option means I can't bring it with me to a tournament. I'm more asking for right now as opposed to when the next tourney is in my area.

Top Bottom