• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can hacking destroy online?

Joak

Smash Cadet
My Wii can't connect to my USB connector, even though it says it finds it. The program on the PC says the Wii connects and is working. But the Wii says it can't connect to internet. I was able to go online before, but since I got Brawl+ and all that stuff for Menu 3.4, my Wii just don't wanna connect.

Could the Twilight hack destroy my Wii's ability to connect to the internet?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Did you recently change any firewall or DMZ settings on your Wii? Hacking shouldn't be an issue when getting online.

Joak

Smash Cadet
What is DMZ?

When I think about it, I think I got a new anti-virus (ESET Smart security) a little while before it stopped working... But I turn my firewall off when I try to connect anyway, and no other firewall is on.

Some other info that might help:
I'm connecting to internet by a router reciever, while the router is connected to another PC.
I'm using Nintento Wi-Fi USB Connector to connect to internet with Wii.
I'm using Vista.
The Wii only does a connection test for about 2 seconds before giving error code: 52140, Unable to connect to the Internet.

shanus

Smash Hero
Brawl+ won't effect that in any way. I know that because a huge portion of our community plays it online against each other.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
It can make it so your game crashes on the Wi-Fi menu. It's happened to me various times for no reason.

Joak

Smash Cadet
It can make it so your game crashes on the Wi-Fi menu. It's happened to me various times for no reason.
I don't even get that far. When I try a conncetion test IN THE WII MENU, NOT IN BRAWL, the Wii just don't wish to connect to internet. I think I got all settings on my firewall correct, so why doesn't it work? It did before I got a new PC, upgraded from XP to Vista. Does the USB Connector work on Vista? It should do since there are drivers for Vista on Nintendo's wesite.

Mod, please change the title to "Getting Wi-Fi to work?" or something along thoose lines.

Top Bottom