• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anyone help me? I've asked pretty much everywhere else, and I've gotten nothing.

Captain A.T.G.

Smash Rookie
I've been asking around a lot for some help on something. I've asked at a video gaming tourney, and got pointed to a guy, but he could only give me some pointers. I tried asking my friend to find someone on BrawlVault to do it, but that someone was busy with his own mod. I tried the Model Request section on BrawlVault, waited 2 weeks, and got a grand total of zero responses. The only option I have left is to ask here, and if I don't get any replies, then I'm basically screwed.

With that said...hello, I'm Captain A.T.G. and I'm looking to have a character created for a Brawl Hack. I don't exactly want to give away any of the details, but that's only because I just think my idea is so cringey that people just won't do it. And yes, I realize that I should be giving away the details in the post itself to help you guys get an idea of what I want, but I just can't. Not with the way I feel about my idea, that is.

I don't know if anyone is even willing to help out a guy who's been everywhere and gotten nothing, but if anyone is interested, just leave a reply here, or send me a PM. I'll get back to you as soon as I can and give you those details.

(If those details have to be in the thread for it to be accepted, then just let me know, and I'll lay everything on the line and give them here.)

TheHumanSonikku

Smash Cadet
I've been asking around a lot for some help on something. I've asked at a video gaming tourney, and got pointed to a guy, but he could only give me some pointers. I tried asking my friend to find someone on BrawlVault to do it, but that someone was busy with his own mod. I tried the Model Request section on BrawlVault, waited 2 weeks, and got a grand total of zero responses. The only option I have left is to ask here, and if I don't get any replies, then I'm basically screwed.

With that said...hello, I'm Captain A.T.G. and I'm looking to have a character created for a Brawl Hack. I don't exactly want to give away any of the details, but that's only because I just think my idea is so cringey that people just won't do it. And yes, I realize that I should be giving away the details in the post itself to help you guys get an idea of what I want, but I just can't. Not with the way I feel about my idea, that is.

I don't know if anyone is even willing to help out a guy who's been everywhere and gotten nothing, but if anyone is interested, just leave a reply here, or send me a PM. I'll get back to you as soon as I can and give you those details.

(If those details have to be in the thread for it to be accepted, then just let me know, and I'll lay everything on the line and give them here.)
Hey there, I don't know much about brawl character making because I'm trying to learn, but everyone seems to be a jerk and not willing to teach at all, but I can help you out with the best of my ability.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
Hey there, I don't know much about brawl character making because I'm trying to learn, but everyone seems to be a jerk and not willing to teach at all.
This is a problem which I have been noticing quite consistently lately, arrogant people who refuse to help those in need. Brawl Vault has become toxic; Help threads are just a spectacle for them at this point. A question will get 30 views (considering it's current state, 9/10 of those people are experienced coders/modders) but 0 replies, and if you try making the thread in some of the only relevant remaining threads (General Hacking Discussion, Attacks and Animations), moderators will coldly and apathetically move it, completely indifferent to the feelings of the affected individuals.

For a game that's dying, this community surely isn't doing their best to encourage revival.

With that said, I probably won't make it; not because I too am apathetic, but rather, I don't know what I'm getting myself into (OP's post was the epitome of vagueness) and I believe it's better to teach the individual so as to encourage independence than to do everything for them (thus leading to a greater dependency).

In the event that the OP gives a more elaborate description, I will be able to properly evaluate my options from there, until then, I wish the both of you the best of luck.

- Bob

Top Bottom