• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calling All Sonic Mains: Do people SD on for glory against you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylin'

Smash Rookie
As a new Sonic main, I'm finding for glory a real pain in the butt. I'm trying to improve my skill and learn as I go, but so many people I face on for glory will just decide to give up and stop moving mid-match, only recovering if needs be. And others will outright SD on me if I take a stock off them. I can only assume it's because I'm playing sonic, as this kind of thing rarely ever happens, but playing this character has made me notice it more and more and it's just not right. Refusing to play because you have something against a character or player is just wrong, and is the kind of thing this kind of community should see as unacceptable.

One of my other friends who also used to main Sonic noticed that people often SD'd if he was dominating the neutral with spin dash, and I've seen the same sort of thing. Of course, this is understandable, as Sonic is an annoying character to face and often regarded as 'campy', which is epitomised by spin dash spam. I'm not a spin dash spammer, but as a Sonic main, I will use it as often as possible if you give me the opportunity to, as it is one of his best moves. If you want to stop it, then find a way around it. Force me to approach another way, spam projectiles, or just jab.

Of course, I could be getting this all wrong, and sheer dumb luck is causing people to SD on purpose, but the signs are just all too real. Do any of you Sonic mains have a similar issue? How do you deal with it? What do you think we should do about it? What effect will this have on current Sonic mains and ones considering maining him? (Will it put people off?) Is this another example of why for glory needs fixing? (Match making anyone?) Please leave your opinions, positive or negative, as I would love to read your thoughts on an issue that is holding back my (and probably other people's) progress with the character, as it holts the flow of games, and my growth of player knowledge and matchups. And to top it all off, it creates a more toxic community, and puts a bad image on Sonic mains and the character.

Sorry for the long post, here's a Sonic potato:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom