• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calling all New England Smashers for Tournament in Springfield, MA

Game Play Springfield Smash Tourney RSVP

• Yes, I'm going to attend (Melee only)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Yes, I'm going to attend (Smash Wii U only)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Yes, I'm going to attend for both games

• Maybe I'll attend

• I'm not going to attend

• Total voters

AnonRedpanda

Smash Rookie
NNID
AnonRedpanda
Good afternoon, friends. The Game Play USA location in Springfield, MA is going to be hosting a SSBM and SSB Wii U tournament on Saturday, March 28. We are trying to breathe life into the Western Mass smash scene as it is the great connector between a medley of regions including Upstate NY, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Boston. I'm working directly with the manager of Game Play Springfield and will be co-T.O along with him, and a few others. Assuming we break 100 entrants (which happened last tourney) we will have a prize pool exceeding $1,000. But why stop at 100? I know there are a bunch of you raring to get into the tourney grind, but with no outlets within reasonable commuting distance. Well, we're here to change that! If this tournament goes well, we will immediately be prepping for another tournament that will greatly exceed this upcoming tournament in size and quality. The rules have will be as directed in the Apex 2015 Ruleset. We want to make this a regularly monthly tournament series with various gaming nights throughout the interim periods. Since this would be the "pilot" tourney, please be patient if there hiccups here and there. We're doing this out of love for Smash, and out of the love of competition, so come on out and support us and the New England Smash scene!

P.S Please check out the poll to RSVP

Game Play Springfield location info:
Address: 1665 Boston Rd., Springfield, MA
Phone: 413-543-1331

Last edited:

NOMLSmashLeague

Smash Cadet
I joined smashboards a bit too late :(. My team and I will come to every Springfield event you throw. We are located in Lowell, MA, about 25 miles north of Boston, and are looking for Massachusetts tournament play. Please keep me/us informed on any upcoming events.

Cheers, Happy Smashing,
NOML|shiYo

EDIT: I just called, and there is a tourney happening at this location May 2nd, for any interested. NOML will see you there

Last edited:

AnonRedpanda

Smash Rookie
NNID
AnonRedpanda
Eyyyyy NOML Smash League, no worries. Game Play USA and I are organizing another tourney (sponsored by Hot Topic) coming THIS May. Yep, NEXT MONTH. More news to come as we get it all together. This time we're going to host it in the fountain area of the mall meaning tons of space, and more setups. Hope to see you all (and some new faces) at the upcoming event!

NOMLSmashLeague

Smash Cadet
Eyyyyy NOML Smash League, no worries. Game Play USA and I are organizing another tourney (sponsored by Hot Topic) coming THIS May. Yep, NEXT MONTH. More news to come as we get it all together. This time we're going to host it in the fountain area of the mall meaning tons of space, and more setups. Hope to see you all (and some new faces) at the upcoming event!
I WILL attend. Any way I can sway you into adding 64 to this tourney? I have 3 systems, 7 remotes, and 2 smash bros 64 cartridges I could bring.

EDIT: my remotes are not by any means new LOL. original childhood remotes for the most part. so remotes might be a bust.

Last edited:

AnonRedpanda

Smash Rookie
NNID
AnonRedpanda
We want ALL the smashes (PM included) but we have logistical issues to work out. Stay tuned, though. We're planning some big stuff for the future.

MR-DARK-IGR

Smash Rookie
NNID
MRDARKIGR
3DS FC
5344-0492-5778
im in lowell as well maybe sometime we can meet up and we can game together! Let me know maybe ill go down to take a look at the tourneys need to start participating in them!

devenvg

Smash Rookie
Anything still going on? Im in plymouth, there should be more tournies:>

Top Bottom