• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cal Poly Pomona Smashers?

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
Anybody living on campus with a cube? Got a bunch of time to kill, it's either that or learn Street Fighter...

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I'm commuting this year. I don't know bout the others. Fabian/Araknophobik has always commuted, Paul/Myth I believe stopped playing. And the others I don't know.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Don't go to Cal Poly but I live about 10 min from it, off Dudley on the 10, so if you are that bored and want to smash....

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
I'm dorming in Aliso hall and we've played every day since I moved in. Kevin Dino and his friend came once but that was the only challenge i got so PM me and i'll give u my number or something. except im going to SCC so i won't be here during the weekend.

araknophobik

Smash Master
i think ill be in the area to smash thursday if you want to, but iono if ima be interested in smashing after SCC im usually smashed out for a few weeks after a big tourny

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
i know its last minute again, but we're gonna play at aliso hall a little after 5 today, i put my number up already so if u got questions just call

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
I will as soon as i can secure a venue. then i'll just get tables and chairs and we're set.

good games to the people i played today. sheik is gay.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I can help you set it up Kira. Apparently, we can rent televisions, so that can help out a lot =] Venue could be where we had it before.. even though that's a bit far from you. It's possible you could have it in Aliso's lobby with the big screen as well.

Also, there's no free parking near Aliso.. unless it's on a weekend.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Not free parking, they just don't check. I have friends in parking services.They DO check on Friday's. All CSU permit works anytime at Cal Poly.. I believe it's free rentals on the televisions? I need to look into it more.

Parkachu123

Smash Rookie
i dont go to cal poly cuz im only 16 ( my sister goes there ) but it would rock if u guys would host a tourny over there cuz i live in diamond bar like 10 minutes away.

trafficwarden99

Smash Journeyman
I went to a couple of those, and they were pretty awesome.
So I'd definitely be looking forward to them.
I'm only like 15-20 minutes away too.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Traffic: If you still havent money matched Flan, I could bring him =]

But like I said before, my schedule is hectic as of right now, I can help set up and crap like that, but I can't host it myself.. so it's up to Kira =] Someone peer pressure him! >:O

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
yeah np. who should i go talk to in order to secure a place?

actually kanzaki, if you could just pm me info or something then i can go get it done, that'd probably be best.

trafficwarden99

Smash Journeyman
LoL
I'd love an MM with Flan.
Hopefully I can keep up with him.
My Bowser got a tad better since the old Bi-weeklies.

Suxor

Smash Cadet
Man tournies at Cal Poly would be awesome I live in Pomona too alittle far but I smash with Neighborhood Sometimes

My aunt works in the parking lots so I could go anytime

Plzzzz set up a smashfest :]

Suxor

Smash Cadet
Ill be home within a week we should all have a Halloween smashfest

Im thinking about having one at my house but the only place we could play is my room
which isnt THAT big you know?

Parkachu123

Smash Rookie
ya guys PLLLZZZZ host a smash tourny at cal poly it would be fricking deliciously AWSOME. ive never been to a smash tourny and one at cal poly would rock. im sad that brawl got delayed FRIKING 2 months but it just means more chances for me to attend melee tournys!!

ThEpEsT

Smash Apprentice
I know a friend that lives in Pomona and is attending Cal Poly. His name is Daniel, and I don't think he has an account here but I'm sure he'll be glad to play smash with anyone, as he hasn't touched the game since he left Fresno. Give him an email at sparticus50@gmail.com , and let him know ThEpEsT (Austin) referred you to him.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Sorry I haven't started up a pomona tourney thread yet, things have been really busy lately but i'll probably get it done sometime today or before this weekend is over.

Also a couple people are playing smash today at 6pm? Call me if you want to come.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
hey dave, its emil, dinos friend. If you have a couple of good smashers down on one day give me a call and hopefully Ill be in the area

626 840 7028

Ill still hit you up if me or kevin wanna play

Top Bottom