• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cahalan's Artistic Endeavors & More {New Logbook Entry Available}

Cahalan

Smash Ace
CAHALAN'S ARTISTIC ENDEAVORS & MORE
Will Make a Better Logo Later. :p

- A layout Based On Ondo's Out Of The Box CSS
- Updated CSS Icons that Are Colorful and Distinguishable
- The Project M Logo on the CSS
- A Less Intrusive "Ready to Fight!" bar
- And a matching Theme to go with the Project M Main Menu
When you download the file, you'll get a folder hierarchy within a .zip
Choose whether your build is vPM or PMEX
For PMEX, there's an included CSSRoster.dat to have a better layout.
And there are two versions of the .pac for PMEX: one that uses CI8 and one for CMPR (miscdata[70] texture formats).
Choose the one that's best fit for your build and you can add your character portraits within (both PMEX versions make use of Ondo's Compressed CSPs).
Insert said file into the menu 2 folder of your SD card used for Project M.
If it all works out, your CSS should now look different.

To swap styles, just replace the Misc70 with the one from the style you want.
You will need brawl box to do this though.
1. Give Several Characters their removed Brawl Specials in a special+a move:
Falco: Down B+A= Brawl "Kick" Reflector, give it a spike in the center of the Hexagon.
ZSS: The old down-b could be useful for getting out of tough situations & further aid in recovery
Link: SideB+A= Gale Boomerang from Brawl. Maybe give it a slight damage buff.
Mario: Completely Revamp FLUDD, give it more purpose and damage. Aid in recovery, a new approach, and a watery super jump of-sorts.
NeutralB+A: A watery explosion! May lack in damage and KB, but at a full charge it may stun opponents! Great for set-ups.
DownB+A: Good ol' Brawl Fludd... try charging it all the way for a damaging get off of me attack ala High Pressure FLUDD from SM4SH!
SideB+A: Turbo FLUDD. Opperates similarly to Wario's Shoulder Bash. Charge with any B+A special to go father/do more damage but sacrifice control.
UpB+A: Rocket Nozzle. Charge to go higher, do more damage and push back. Be Warned, At higher charges, you may go into free fall!
2. Have Mario, (Toon) Link, and Pikachu further homage their clones
Mario: Up B has a sweet-spot similar to luigi (but launches at a horizontal angle), Down Special gains more height if you press B
Toon Link: Give him Ice and Light arrows to homage OoT and MM. Though the new types should appear less often. Give Toon Link a Dash Attack+B move: the Rolling Dash Attack
Pikachu: Receives an "Over-charge" Mechanic ala Pichu in Brawl- 4.0+
3. Give Zelda/Sheik New DownB's BUT keep transform as a DownB+A move for both of them.

For those of you who use both Smash 3 and the Triforce Ganondorf Mod, this patch adds triforce ganondorf assets to a smash 3 ganondorf that has rimlight, original smash 3 textures, and METAL!!!

• A smash 3 ganondorf model that has triforce ganondorf assets and rim-lighting.
  • A costume appropriate colored sheath (at least as the closest I can get)

Initial Release

Ver 2.0 Color Enchanments

-Version 3.0 (Ashingda Update)
-Completely redid the patch
-Imported Triforce Ganondorf Assets onto a Smash 3 Ganondorf
-Thanks to Ashingda, we got metal textures!
-New Sheath textures by Crixler!
----------------------------------------------

-Version 2.0
-Made armor textures stand out better
-Changed the sheath textures to match better
----------------------------------------------

-Initial release

1. First You should install Smash 3 and have triforce ganondorf installed successfully, once done,
  2. You should then open the .zip and extract the fitganon0x.pac and pcs files to the pf/fighter/ganon folder of your SD card.
  3. If you are doing this on Project M 3.5 and have extra costumes available for ganondorf, go into the additional slots folder in the .zip and extract as needed.
Smash 3 textures are from the Smash 3 project by the Smash 3 team & the Triforce Ganondorf assets from the Triforce Ganondorf Mod by Ashingda

If any
one wants to use this in their custom build: Credit me for this patch, Ashingda for helping me and his Triforce Ganondorf mod, the Smash 3 team for the Smash 3 project,
and Crixler for his Sheath textures.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Smash Cadet
Thank you so much for releasing this, you have combined my two favourite mods, this will make my project management build so much better :D

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Good job Cahalan! Looking spiffy and clean!

Ever planned to upload this on Brawl Vault? It would be a smash hit if you do!
Wish I could, but the website for me is slower than brawl ganondorf right at the moment.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Just tried Ganon out in-game, and he looks just as amazing as he plays; thanks for making this awesome patch!

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Just tried Ganon out in-game, and he looks just as amazing as he plays; thanks for making this awesome patch!
Did you notice the sheaths, they go well with the costumes. ;)

And thanks to all of you so far for the comments, I still wish I can actually register on the brawl vault (it's slower than brawl bowser ATM).

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Amazing mod Cahalan! Now Ganon is no longer a clone, *kind of* (Smash 4):glare:. Anyway I want to know if u can make PM 3.5's Melee Ganon compatiaple with this mod, That would be awesome!

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Amazing mod Cahalan! Now Ganon is no longer a clone, *kind of* (Smash 4):glare:. Anyway I want to know if u can make PM 3.5's Melee Ganon compatiaple with this mod, That would be awesome!
Hmmmm..... I would have to talk with ashingda after he complete's the 4.0 version of his mod since he's busy right at the moment. The development of the Ocarina Ganon update (that's what I'm gonna' call it) would be similar to the Ashingda update; since if adding the sheath & sword makes him crash with metal textures if enabled via brawlbox, he himself would have to import the triforce ganondorf assets to make it work with the metal box. But it is doable so I'll keep it in mind. ;)

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
The current version of Ashingda's mod used the original, swordless model. Does this still work with it, or is it currently only intended for those who are still using the older version of the mod?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
The current version of Ashingda's mod used the original, swordless model. Does this still work with it, or is it currently only intended for those who are still using the older version of the mod?
It should still work with the mod as it uses swords that are present on the custom models, unless you're talking about v.4.0c in which you can use the standard smash 3 skin without my mod, but know Ashingda, that'll change once he "officially" release version 4.x...

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
It should still work with the mod as it uses swords that are present on the custom models, unless you're talking about v.4.0c in which you can use the standard smash 3 skin without my mod, but know Ashingda, that'll change once he "officially" release version 4.x...
All right, that's what I thought, thanks.

I downloaded it anyway, and I'm taking a look at the textures. It looks like the sheath doesn't actually have a Smash 3 styled texture. Are you planning to eventually make one by any chance?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
All right, that's what I thought, thanks.

I downloaded it anyway, and I'm taking a look at the textures. It looks like the sheath doesn't actually have a Smash 3 styled texture. Are you planning to eventually make one by any chance?
Not really, I was confused by the layout of the texture on the sheath so the 2nd best thing was to make it "match" the costume and give rim-light. It actually fits almost perfectly with the current Smash 3 style. From a design standpoint the bright colors of the sheath make the character standout from a distance, especially on HUGE maps.

If I were planning to make the sheaths more akin to Smash 3, I personally would wait until Smash 3 is updated to 3.5 (Just in case any more Ganondorf costumes are added to take advantage of a 14 costume slot character) Unless somebody else is up for it and can decipher the pixels properly...

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
All right, cool. I'm taking a look at it now. Most of my experience is with tweaking textures, rather than making whole new ones, but I think I could probably whip up something half decent if I work at it enough. If I manage to do so, I'll toss it your way.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
All right, cool. I'm taking a look at it now. Most of my experience is with tweaking textures, rather than making whole new ones, but I think I could probably whip up something half decent if I work at it enough. If I manage to do so, I'll toss it your way.
Sounds promising...

Challenge Granted!

Taiko

Smash Ace
If I were planning to make the sheaths more akin to Smash 3, I personally would wait until Smash 3 is updated to 3.5 (Just in case any more Ganondorf costumes are added to take advantage of a 14 costume slot character) Unless somebody else is up for it and can decipher the pixels properly...
Nah, we're done with Ganondorf! No need to worry about additional recolours being added.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Nah, we're done with Ganondorf! No need to worry about additional recolours being added.
Phew, that means that I only have to worry about the costumes that I ma- I mean that's great that you guys are completely done with Ganondorf and when the cbliss update comes out, hopefully I can find some good recolors to fill in those extra slots.

If I can get photoshop for free and get ganon's source psd's I may make custom recolors...

Cahalan

Smash Ace
No shading done yet, but I think I've got the base down now.
RELEASE BASE .PSD WHEN DONE; I LOVE IT! :)

Please? ><

If this were the minecraft forums, I'd give you diamonds...

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
And I believe I am done.

Still need to do the recolors, but once I do those, I'll send it and the XCF (I'm a Gimp user) over. The XCF is a bit messy, though.

I've currently got the texture at 512x512, but the original was 128. I imagine I probably will have to scale mine down to that, correct? I hope not, it's so nice at this resolution.

Edit: Merry Christmas!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4vm3smsrf6oo6c9/Crixler_Smash3_TPGanondorf_Sheath.rar?dl=0

Feel free to include this in your mod. All the recolors are included, and the messy XCF.

And Taiko, that smudge shading technique for creases and such was hardcore. Took some getting used to o.o

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
And I believe I am done.

Still need to do the recolors, but once I do those, I'll send it and the XCF (I'm a Gimp user) over. The XCF is a bit messy, though.

I've currently got the texture at 512x512, but the original was 128. I imagine I probably will have to scale mine down to that, correct? I hope not, it's so nice at this resolution.

Edit: Merry Christmas!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4vm3smsrf6oo6c9/Crixler_Smash3_TPGanondorf_Sheath.rar?dl=0

Feel free to include this in your mod. All the recolors are included, and the messy XCF.

And Taiko, that smudge shading technique for creases and such was hardcore. Took some getting used to o.o

Textures also work at 512x512 for the sheaths. :)

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Is this thread dead?
No XD, it's just that the latest version of Triforce Ganondorf (4.1b as of now) currently doesn't use the custom sheaths, but knowing him by around 4.3~4.5 that mod will use custom sheaths again. This mod is so that any version of Triforce Ganondorf that uses custom .pac's and .pcs' files can work with Smash 3 textures. Thankfully in the the texture department, Smash 3 ganondorf still works (with out sheaths and swords of course, i.e. Vanilla Smash 3)

Last edited:

Zeikar

Smash Cadet
You should update this for Project M 3.6 and using Triforce Ganondorf 5.3!! also please check out my music mod and spread the word

Cahalan

Smash Ace
You should update this for Project M 3.6 and using Triforce Ganondorf 5.3!! also please check out my music mod and spread the word
Actually, if what I think is true; Triforce Ganondorf ver. 5.3 uses sheaths so it should work. I have to check to make sure though...

Edit: Will need to update... shouldn't be too hard. Right?

Edit Edit: Holy crap I need to redo the whole thing (I can't just reimport the old sheath, and using the mod as it is with the new version freezes... I'm gonna need to call an old friend for this one!)

Last edited:

Zeikar

Smash Cadet
Actually, if what I think is true; Triforce Ganondorf ver. 5.3 uses sheaths so it should work. I have to check to make sure though...
Edit: Will need to update... shouldn't be too hard. Right?
let me know and if you play Project M 3.6 or Project M Star (updated for 3.6) check out my music mod, it's really an expansion I've worked hard on perfecting http://smashboards.com/threads/zeik...etes-incomplete-tracklist-of-3-stages.415848/

EDIT: OKAY JUST LET ME KNOW BRO :)

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
let me know and if you play Project M 3.6 or Project M Star (updated for 3.6) check out my music mod, it's really an expansion I've worked hard on perfecting http://smashboards.com/threads/zeik...etes-incomplete-tracklist-of-3-stages.415848/
Will try it out some time...

Also, you really shouldn't try too hard to advertise your mod every time you post. Make a banner for your mod to go under neath your posts like I have now (look up the limitations, becuase I legit forgot what they were) and just act like a "normal" user. People will get curious and click that fancy banner you got, thus generating traffic for your mod.

Zeikar

Smash Cadet
Will try it out some time...

Also, you really shouldn't try too hard to advertise your mod every time you post. Make a banner for your mod to go under neath your posts like I have now (look up the limitations, becuase I legit forgot what they were) and just act like a "normal" user. People will get curious and click that fancy banner you got, thus generating traffic for your mod.
sorry, I'm not good with graphic design :-( and I'm like very new here. But I've been doing Audio mods for a few games recently.... & I'm so proud and excited about this one!

Your banner is what convinced me for yours, lol

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
when i try to change the number of stocks for the rules theres some kind of a texture glitch when using the css mod. Am I the only one getting that?

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
when i try to change the number of stocks for the rules theres some kind of a texture glitch when using the css mod. Am I the only one getting that?
I'm assuming that you just got the download and "dragged 'n dropped it" into the menu 2 folder, so that means it must be your SD card. Try reformatting it after you back up your contents. If that doesn't work, tell me how to possibly recreate the glitch if you can.

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I'm assuming that you just got the download and "dragged 'n dropped it" into the menu 2 folder, so that means it must be your SD card. Try reformatting it after you back up your contents. If that doesn't work, tell me how to possibly recreate the glitch if you can.
well i replaced all my csps and stocks in sc_selcharacter first before plopping it in my sd card if that helps, but ya i'll try reformatting first.

Zeikar

Smash Cadet
I'm back, ganondorf not updated yet? and #3 Zelda/sheik idea, would love that.....

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I'm back, ganondorf not updated yet? and #3 Zelda/sheik idea, would love that.....
I would say something about necroposting... but the reason why I haven't updated Dorf yet is school. Plus I'm trying out a couple things in my free time so I tend to "forget" about certain things. I want to update Ganondorf in the future... but that PSA by BronzeGreekGod may make me not do it. :p

Zeikar

Smash Cadet
I would say something about necroposting... but the reason why I haven't updated Dorf yet is school. Plus I'm trying out a couple things in my free time so I tend to "forget" about certain things. I want to update Ganondorf in the future... but that PSA by BronzeGreekGod may make me not do it. :p
Ahh, well that mod isn't out yet

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Remember that Sweet CSS I posted?
Now it works with PMEX! :)
(Note: at certain slot counts, the arrangement is weird. So always try to get a multiple of 5 (greater than 45) or at least 47 slots in total as a general rule)

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
how do you format the pictures to the size in this? it seems like its a small picture in a transparent window, but i wouldn't know how to make that window. Actually would I be able to just take a pic and paste over it if i make it the same size as the photo?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Yes you can actually.

The format process for me goes like this:

Take an 80 by 56 css icon and resize it to 46 by 46.

Take the new image and center it in a 64 by 64 transparent canvas.

Done.

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Yes you can actually.

The format process for me goes like this:

Take an 80 by 56 css icon and resize it to 46 by 46.

Take the new image and center it in a 64 by 64 transparent canvas.

Done.
oh cool thanks!
do you know if i were to use a photo editing software if just pasting the photo on top of one of yours would increase the filesize of it? also where did you get the colored backgrounds for the smash 4 type css?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
just pasting over an existing image in a image editing program like Paint.NET shouldn't increase the filesize.
As for the colored backgrounds.... I legit got the base colors from Smash 3's progress chart and added a gradient.
The gradient starts from the center of the image and goes straight up for 90 pixels (it's a color gradient).

Top Bottom